The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Coke .. why do we like that burning sensation
Old 31st March 2019
Gear Guru

Coke .. why do we like that burning sensation

Coke, why is it that we like that burning sensation and then the feeling of thick mucus and a sweet taste on you lips.

Why why I say. Haha.

I only drink soft drinks a few times a month or less .. but always gives me the same response. Ahhhhhhhh !!!!
Old 31st March 2019
Old 1st April 2019
Gear Nut

I feel the same way about coffee
Old 1st April 2019
Lives for gear

I drink coke in the mornings instead of coffee.
In fact im doing that right now. Its happening right now!
Old 1st April 2019
Gear Guru

the other meaning for the words "Morning Burn" !!!

love it !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavern View Post
I drink coke in the mornings instead of coffee.
In fact im doing that right now. Its happening right now!
Old 2nd April 2019
Deleted 2071f98
if and when the cat ****s outside of the box, then so do i. coke it is!!
Old 6th April 2019
Gear Maniac

I used to like a Coke with my pizza, or with any other junk food really.

Then I realized that 'burning sensation' was actually caused by a guilty conscience when I learned just how many acres of pristine forest were sacrificed for more sugarcane plantations.

Sugar is bad 'mkay...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWF
Sugarcane farming has fueled deforestation in some of the world’s most threatened ecosystems—including Brazil’s Atlantic Forest, which once covered a massive area but has been reduced to just 7% of its original size. Growers will need to cultivate almost 50% more land by 2050 to meet projected global sugarcane demand.
Sugarcane Farming's Toll on the Environment | Magazine Articles | WWF

Also, and I've learned this the hard way, sugary soft drinks and audio hardware don't usually mix well...

T
Old 6th April 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Attic View Post
I used to like a Coke with my pizza, or with any other junk food really.

Then I realized that 'burning sensation' was actually caused by a guilty conscience when I learned just how many acres of pristine forest were sacrificed for more sugarcane plantations.

Sugar is bad 'mkay...

Sugarcane Farming's Toll on the Environment | Magazine Articles | WWF

Also, and I've learned this the hard way, sugary soft drinks and audio hardware don't usually mix well...

T
Great Points !!!! thank you ....
Old 6th April 2019
Gear Addict

Refined sugar is an incredibly addictive and unhealthy drug ... just saying.

Article on the sugar lobby...

Why is it that I love cigarettes even though they're killing me, reduce my lung capacity, fill my nose with mucous, make it harder to get up in the morning, empty my wallet, etc...? Addiction is a bitch. Anyhow, four months smoke free :)

Sugar works the same way...the more you have, the more you want it and it's vicious cycle.

In terms of pop, I just drink sparkling water instead. Love it! Cola and the like are pure poison but are completely entrenched in our society, just like alcohol, tobacco...
Old 7th April 2019
Lives for gear

JD .. why do we like that burning sensation

Old 7th April 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Hayat View Post
JD .. why do we like that burning sensation
exactly
Old 20th April 2019
Gear Maniac

Just gonna throw this out there...ya might not like it..ya might even “moan” but since this is the zone....stop drinking sodas, seriously. It’s 2019.

I’ve read countless posts from guys on here with health issues, heart disease, etc...

Us producers/engineers/etc are prone to sedentary lifestyles as is.

Cut the GMOS and other toxic garbage out of your lives so you can keep doing what you love!

Drink some water. Kombucha is carbonated if that’s what you’re after.
Old 21st April 2019
I haven't drunk coke for well over 10 years now, it's evil toxic water, the stuff is absolute junk.
Old 21st April 2019
Gear Guru

for the record .. i drink maybe 4 cokes a year now .. and had not had any soda for 25 years .. now a novelty .. i drink water and beer .. expecting alcohol Flame next !! haha

so, we have all sorts, those that like it, those that would rather seen it removed from Earth, and those like me that like one once in awhile, to remember ..

so, let me ask again to those that Do Partake once in awhile ..

why do we like that Burn, that Bubblyness in your mouth .. and what makes it "Burn" ??? thats the bigger Q !!!

thx Slutz, a diverse group of Souls !!

cheers john
Old 22nd April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by th3fstaxn View Post
Just gonna throw this out there...ya might not like it..ya might even “moan” but since this is the zone..
Cut the GMOS
Come on. What makes you think there is anything wrong with GMOs?
Old 1st May 2019
Lives for gear

I DON'T like the burn. I do Dew specifically for the caffeine. Sugar free. I'll pound a handful of sugar (M&Ms) 30 minutes before the last out on a day that includes multiple sunrises and sunsets, IF I can strike and get home before the crash.

Sedentary lifestyle.

Sure thing!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search