The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Realhomerecording dude... incel?
Old 17th March 2019
Realhomerecording dude... incel?

Ok, so, the Realhomerecording.com guy’s YouTube channel shows up in my YouTube feed and I occasionally will click and see what he’s talking about... his videos sort of have that hostage proof of life quality to them and that’s amusing... but, twice in the last week he’s posted videos that seem more concerning... they’re obstensibly about Audio; however, they’re really more political statements... and when I say political, what I really mean is incel like creepy AF...

YouTube
YouTube

Now, to be fair, Glen Flickr over at Spectre Sound also posted his similarly ridicousky take on the “controversy” surrounding Steel Panther’s apparent surprise upon getting some pushback for calling one of their gtr pedals (in 2019, no less) the P*ssy Melter

YouTube

I suspect that he who gets himself so bent out of shape to discover that people would be offended at a gtr pedal being marketed as “The P*ssy Melter” have bigger problems... it may be as simple as his own disappointment upon learning that once he purchased this pedals themselves that indeed no p*ssied melted itself for him except maybe in an act of self immolation to spare itself the horror

Either way, the videos referenced herein bridge that gap between 4chan creepy incel land and audio and it’s grosd AF
Old 18th March 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgood View Post
I suspect that he who gets himself so bent out of shape to discover that people would be offended at a gtr pedal being marketed as “The P*ssy Melter” have bigger problems... it may be as simple as his own disappointment upon learning that once he purchased this pedals themselves that indeed no p*ssied melted itself for him except maybe in an act of self immolation to spare itself the horror
To be fair, you're getting bent out of shape from a YT video of someone else getting bent out of shape from a retailer's getting bent out of shape because of a guitar pedal with a funny name.

And now I'm bent out of shape. Where's the chiropractor?
Old 18th March 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by upstairs View Post
To be fair, you're getting bent out of shape from a YT video of someone else getting bent out of shape from a retailer's getting bent out of shape because of a guitar pedal with a funny name.

And now I'm bent out of shape. Where's the chiropractor?
That’s not what I’m getting bent outta shape over... read it again after your chiro appt
Old 18th March 2019
i watched SpectreSoundStudio channel occasionally and saw the Pvssy melter pedal video.
I think its just a way to make content and stay post something recent and relevant... whatever it takes to get clicks and retain your audience base.
i guess it works on me since I visit the channel occasionally. haha.
cheers
Old 19th March 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgood View Post
That’s not what I’m getting bent outta shape over... read it again after your chiro appt
Well I'm back, and I still don't see why you want to call the guy a creepy 4channer and involuntarily celebate (having watched both of his videos you linked). I mean, using "can't get laid" as an insult is kinda funny, perhaps in the same way calling a pedal the pussy melter is funny.

And I do think they're both funny, to twist things. And the guy is a bit weird, I agree.
Old 19th March 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by upstairs View Post
Well I'm back, and I still don't see why you want to call the guy a creepy 4channer and involuntarily celebate (having watched both of his videos you linked). I mean, using "can't get laid" as an insult is kinda funny, perhaps in the same way calling a pedal the pussy melter is funny.

And I do think they're both funny, to twist things. And the guy is a bit weird, I agree.
Again... not what I was saying

What I am saying is that his rap is of the exactly the same manner of gross incel 4Chan/gamergate rubbish that we have plenty enough of without it bleeding over into YouTube channels dedicated to “pro” audio

Substitute his drivel with a racial epithet if you aren’t moved by the myopic sexist (and terrifying to women) actual transcript...

With realrecording guy his strange foray into gender commentary seems to coincide with him ponying up the bread to pay some scantily clad lady to thank his viewers for tuning into each new episode.
Old 19th March 2019
Lives for gear

Umm...if you think she is "scantily clad", you have serious issues...lol
Old 19th March 2019
Gear Addict

The only one to blame here is TC Electronics for pussying out of the deal with Steel Panther. It's a shame really that they didn't have the balls. Wondering if the pedal is S/M or through hole?
Old 19th March 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by raggedman View Post
Umm...if you think she is "scantily clad", you have serious issues...lol
I went back and looked... you’re right... not scantily clad... rather, early 90s, late night “call 1-900 chat line” budget sexpot... but, still, weird in the context of what his channel is about
Old 22nd March 2019
Lives for gear

Incel or not I appreciate his detailed and honest reviews. His AES convention videos were also fun to watch. That is more than I can say about many of the mainstream publications out there.

I have also learned a few new tricks from Adam's (Real Home Recording) videos. Some of them are cringey but baby with the bath water and whatnot. You get what you pay for...
Old 31st July 2020
Lives for gear

Adam's reviews and videos are almost always spot on. Cool dude with great audio knowledge
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear