The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Burr Brown converters suck Audio Interfaces
Old 15th February 2019
Gear Head

Burr Brown converters suck

My expercience of switching Audient iD14 to iD44, is, that Burr Brown converters are piercing way too high and the treble is unrealistic. Also the punch due to the high pitch was sick. Cirrus Logic is 100 % linear and perfectly balanced. The dynamics, detail and realism is insane. And I thought my Yamaha HPH-MT8 were bad and the highs piercing my ears to pain at high volumes let me thought I had to give them back.

Now I think my headphones are the best studio headphones in the world. I would TOTALLY avoid every Audient interface that is not iD44, sorry. I am stunned by the quality of this interface. Once I got used to it and realised how much better it sounds, I am so sorry for the people trying out their studio gear with **** interfaces. I hope they realise that a good interface could change their mind and turn it upside-down.
Old 15th February 2019
Lives for gear

Doesn't the id44 use Burr Brown conversion as well?
Old 15th February 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon Adkins View Post
Doesn't the id44 use Burr Brown conversion as well?
The first paragraph don't make any sense with the second paragraph.
Old 16th February 2019
500 series nutjob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon7777 View Post
My expercience is, that Burr Brown converters are 100 % linear and perfectly balanced. The dynamics, detail and realism is insane.
LOL

there is so much involved in an interface, you absolutley cannot say oh its the Burr Browns.

Old 16th February 2019
Circuit topography, components, physical layout, what precedes the converter and what goes afterwards can all make the converter sound "different". Unless you can compare the converters in identical circuits it is impossible, IMHO, to make a "sound quality" assessment.
Old 17th February 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pan60 View Post
LOL

there is so much involved in an interface, you absolutley cannot say oh its the Burr Browns.

My RADAR Studio uses Burr Browns and it sounds fantastic.

...and the difference in the sound of headphones can have as much to do with the headphone amp as it does the d/a converters.
Old 18th February 2019
I'm using the iD22 here, not sure what the convertors are but it sounds good to me, more than good enough for my home studio. I grew up with a crappy 1980s cassette tape deck an sm57 and cheap marshall amp so pretty much anything seems good compared to that.
Old 4 weeks ago
This is the first post I have ever seen of someone blaming an innocuous converter chip for their problems.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Mixwell View Post
This is the first post I have ever seen of someone blaming an innocuous converter chip for their problems.
I was gonna say - people focus on the strangest things!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search