The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Fruityloops Sucks! Video Editing Software
Old 13th December 2018
Gear Nut

Fruityloops Sucks!

Even with FREE updates for life, it's one of my worst purchases ever.

I can't resell it to get my money back, and <SNIP - read forum rules!>

Last edited by psycho_monkey; 4 weeks ago at 05:06 AM..
Old 14th December 2018
Gear Addict

How did you get caught in and bought it in the first place?
That thing screams crap from the looks!
Old 14th December 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aziak View Post
How did you get caught in and bought it in the first place?
That thing screams crap from the looks!
I was once young, impressionable and naive.
Old 15th December 2018
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir shire View Post
Even with FREE updates for life, it's one of my worst purchases ever.

I can't resell it to get my money back, and <SNIP>
What is it about it that specifically sucks for you?

Last edited by psycho_monkey; 4 weeks ago at 05:06 AM..
Old 15th December 2018
Gear Addict
I could never get past the name. It sounds like a breakfast cereal for kids.

It's the evolution of Dance Ejay in my eyes lol
Old 15th December 2018
Gear Addict

Or maybe you suck at using it, or it isn-t for you genre or you have a 10 years old version, infact now has a different name also...

Mike Oldfied uses it. If you know who is.
He is in the list and he has also an interview if you click on his name.
FLstudio Power Users List
Old 15th December 2018
Lives for gear

I just bought a copy of FL Studio 20 for $99 and I'm very happy with it.

I did it for two reasons.

One, I need easily editable loops for composition and arrangement purposes, and FL Studio cost way less than Ableton.

Two, Sonar, my primary DAW, chokes on more than one instance of Blue Arp, while Graywolf, the originator, has videos of at least 5 instances running smoothly in FL Studio.

Of course, I took the time to download, install, and actually test the free demo version first. Mostly to avoid crying about money ill spent, later on.

YMMV.
Old 15th December 2018
Fruity Loops was my very first DAW. I thought it wasn't bad at all. I enjoyed the UI.
Old 15th December 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Guru View Post
Fruity Loops was my very first DAW. I thought it wasn't bad at all. I enjoyed the UI.
how many years ago?
Recent version are different (and quite powerful compared to the first releases)
Old 15th December 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimi777 View Post
how many years ago?
Recent version are different (and quite powerful compared to the first releases)
It was about 15 years ago or so. I was tempted to get the latest release for it brought back good memories but I chose Ableton Live instead.

You are right though, the new features do make it competitive among other DAW's. Fruity Loops has survived this long so that speaks for itself.
Old 15th December 2018
Lives for gear

So, what did you expect from something calling itself “fruity loops”?

Old 16th December 2018
Gear Nut

Yeah, you have to be either broke or desperate to use it and naive to pay for it.
Old 16th December 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Yeah, you have to be either broke or desperate to use it and crazy to pay for it.
Do you think Mike Oldfield is broke or desperate?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I'd be feeling broke AND desperate if a $99 copy of FL Studio was all I could afford as my primary DAW.

Fortunately, I have 14 or 15 instances of Sonar in production here, a DAW which retailed for around $500 a pop when I bought it...plus various promo and Lite copies of PT, Cubase, Ableton, and Reaper, not to mention licensed copies of Premiere, V-Mix, DaVinci Resolve, and Vegas Pro, which also offer audio tools for video.

Funny thing... Cakewalk under Gibson came apart, wavered in purgatory, then resurrected itself, and now, YOU can have a full featured copy, unlimited use, for FREE, just like anyone else. Cakewalk by Bandlab, check it out.

FL Studio comes with some decent synths, and synced up with Sonar, and hosting multiple instances of Blue Arp, makes for an EXTREMELY POWERFUL software sequencer, feeding a full featured DAW.

Which won't cost you another nickle.

EVER.

If you quit lacing yer beer with salty tears right now, you could be up and running by close of business... today.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTee4303 View Post
I'd be feeling broke AND desperate if a $99 copy of FL Studio was all I could afford as my primary DAW.
But he has a Grammy Award and NME...

And John Lennon had a broken SM57 for recording.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by horseface View Post
So, what did you expect from something calling itself “fruity loops”?

It's not called Fruity Loops any more. It's now called FL Studio although, the FL part of the name still implies the former.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Guru View Post
It's not called Fruity Loops any more. It's now called FL Studio although, the FL part of the name still implies the former.
I believe that FL now stands for, Free Loaders.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
They could never shake the name. Names matter. (Pro Tools anyone?)

One of the best piano rolls I've ever used, though. And still free updates 12 years after purchase.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synonym Music View Post
They could never shake the name. Names matter. (Pro Tools anyone?)

One of the best piano rolls I've ever used, though. And still free updates 12 years after purchase.
You don't need to depend on a piano roll's tricks if you learn how to play an instrument.

People are so lazy and naive they actually believe that drawing something on a grid equals capturing a real performance.

12 years of free crap is worth about nothing.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
12 years of free crap is worth about nothing.
Only when you don't know how to use it.

I think it's fair to call this thread and its lack of details now.

Worst...

Moan...

Ever!
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by SluttyMcSlut View Post
Only when you don't know how to use it.

I think it's fair to call this thread and its lack of details now.

Worst...

Moan...

Ever!
Why would anyone choose to learn how to use that hot mess in the first place?

Oh that's right, because they can't afford a real DAW.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimi777 View Post
It will make more sense once you reach puberty, because kids tend to get hypnotized by the flashing lights and cartoon fruit.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Why would anyone choose to learn how to use that hot mess in the first place?

If money was the issue, why wouldn't they go for Reaper or the completely no cost Cakewalk?

Also what exactly makes a "real" DAW?

It seems that you are having a tantrum because you cannot live with the fact that you are unable to learn and use a program that even young kids have no trouble wrapping their heads around.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
It will make more sense once you reach puberty, because kids tend to get hypnotized by the flashing lights and cartoon fruit.
LOL.

Put down your Whisky bottle
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
If money was the issue, why wouldn't they go for Reaper or the completely no cost Cakewalk?

Also what exactly makes a "real" DAW?

It seems that you are having a tantrum because you cannot live with the fact that you are unable to learn and use a program that even young kids have no trouble wrapping their heads around.
Because Reaper is so much more intimidating, due to the lack of anime cartoons.

Reaper is designed for tweaking nerds with brains bigger then a grape.

And FL attracts people that enjoy all fruity things no matter what size they are.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Because Reaper is so much more intimidating, due to the lack of anime cartoons.

Reaper is designed for tweaking nerds with brains bigger then a grape.

And FL attracts people that enjoy all fruity things no matter what size they are.
There I was thinking that Reaper, like FL, was just another DAW. But apparently Reaper is for nerds?

Oh great Shire, please tell us all which DAW is "the" DAW, so that we can all swap and then finally feel safe to be able to show our typing on the internet again!
Old 4 weeks ago
I sure miss this gal.

Every DAW should have one.

Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
There I was thinking that Reaper, like FL, was just another DAW. But apparently Reaper is for nerds?

Oh great Shire, please tell us all which DAW is "the" DAW, so that we can all swap and then finally feel safe to be able to show our typing on the internet again!
Look around fanboi, that's right, you're in the moan zone.

Go preach your love for crappy software elsewhere maybe?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Look around fanboi, that's right, you're in the moan zone.

Go preach your love for crappy software elsewhere maybe?
Fanboi? I'm certain there's not a single thing I have written that could lump me in that category. There's plenty of FL that could use some work, just like most DAWs have their strengths and weaknesses.

But you're right about one thing. This is the moan zone. Only thing is you're supposed to actually elaborate on your issues/hatred so we can all have a laugh and build a conversation about it.

All you have given us thus far is that you think the program sucks. But why? What specifically sucks?

That's what makes a good moan!

Also when you make incorrect assertions like, "only people who can't afford a real DAW would buy FL." You're going to have to expect people to point out that there are multiple DAWs that are cheaper, not to mention the fact that there could be a million different reasons why someone would settle on purchasing any DAW.

Lastly I haven't preached love for any software at all. I have just put forth my opinion that you don't know how to use it properly. That's not based on love for the software. That's based on my experience in multiple forums, as nearly every time someone posts a vague "software X sucks" type of thread. 99% of the time, their knowledge of the product winds up being demonstrably poor.
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search