The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
The AT&T Monopoly
Old 3 days ago
Gear Guru

The AT&T Monopoly

Any of y'all have Dish Network? Then you don't have HBO anymore, and you haven't had it for a while.

Turns out that AT&T owns both Direct TV and HBO. Not hard to figure out what's going on, and where AT&T wants it to lead.

This is why the antitrust statutes exist.

I'm more than a little bit pissed.
Old 3 days ago
I have AT&T phone service and it's way overpriced.
Old 2 days ago
In our area you literally have to walk outside to use your AT&T cell phone. AT&T has been aware of the problem for some time but failed to do anything about it. Most people in town are forced to use Verizon if they want dependable cell phone use. FWIW
Old 2 days ago
Gear Guru

I used to have AT&T cell service, and they cheated me every month on my bill, and I hated them for that back then. But that's not why I hate them now, or why everyone should hate them.

It's because they've found a way to kill off their only satellite TV competitor. And the government is allowing it to happen.

That's the first domino. Then it's cell phones, and then internet, and then AT&T handpicks the 2024 president.
Old 2 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Hahn View Post
.... and then AT&T handpicks the 2024 president.
Thank God! A little sanity for a change!
Old 2 days ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelpatterson View Post
Thank God! A little sanity for a change!
I forgot to include the part where they buy a repeal of the 22nd Amendment. If it hasn't been bought already by the incumbent. Maybe they'll go Dutch.
Old 2 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Hahn View Post
I forgot to include the part where they buy a repeal of the 22nd Amendment. If it hasn't been bought already by the incumbent. Maybe they'll go Dutch.
Well, for the record, I will only agree to serve if we can dispense with all this messy nomination and Electoral College stuff.
Old 2 days ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelpatterson View Post
Well, for the record, I will only agree to serve if we can dispense with all this messy nomination and Electoral College stuff.
If Bill Maher is to be believed, we already have.
Old 1 day ago
Lives for gear

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

It does seem the gov't that oversees this is completely in the pocket of the big players in the industry. They don't even feel obligated to pretend very much otherwise.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search