The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Stam Audio - what's the deal?
Old 8th October 2020 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumbari View Post
Cool i am part of a gang.
Wait what gang is this - Really Great Order gang?
I am also a part of that RGO gang. We haven't successfully robbed a single stage coach in months.
Old 14th October 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

I am curious whether the SSL equalizer and API preamp clones were ever made.
Old 15th October 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

paid $1000 in deposits on my Stamchild on 11-12-18

no news & no delivery
Old 18th October 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear

waiting for refund

i'm waiting for a refund since 3 weeks. based on my experience before that i worry a bit.

communication and business practise by stam:

2018 first order and product:
– charging full by saying product is ready and after receiving my money pushing every month further and furhter for half an year until i say i want a refund. with the pressure to ask for refund finally receive the product.

2018-2020:
– waiting over 2 years for a new product. pushing it further and further. asking for full amount and not delivering. asking for refund getting no refund after 3 weeks so far.

problem with stam: lot of talking and offerings and not keeping business promises. its ok if something takes long. my mail account has countless mails from stam and josh "that the product is ready" or "give me 1-2 days". i stayed polite so far but this pattern seems insane to me.
Old 18th October 2020
Lives for gear

It’s going to continue to be the same problem and same response forever. Josh is going to come in and apologize and fix your problem. The explanation will be that he always refunds people and that everyone gets their purchase, “eventually”. Don’t buy anything from stam unless you’re absolutely willing to play the “eventually” game. Especially with COVID throwing itself into the equation, you’re basically saving a lot of money to eventually get something.
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 View Post
I am curious whether the SSL equalizer and API preamp clones were ever made.
A boxing/unboxing product video when the delivery date is pushed forward would show that at least a batch of a product is completed in the previous period.
A 10 second twitterstyle mobile phone low quality video would do. No need to spend time and cash on it.

Without that video or a product review on their website i think it is unlikely these products were made yet.

I've read this and other threads like this before pre-ordering a STAM 4k EQ so i cannot complain like others who were the first to find out how it works with STAM when pre ordering certain products but i do understand them.
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by thx1183 View Post
i'm waiting for a refund since 3 weeks. based on my experience before that i worry a bit.

communication and business practise by stam:

2018 first order and product:
– charging full by saying product is ready and after receiving my money pushing every month further and furhter for half an year until i say i want a refund. with the pressure to ask for refund finally receive the product.

2018-2020:
– waiting over 2 years for a new product. pushing it further and further. asking for full amount and not delivering. asking for refund getting no refund after 3 weeks so far.

problem with stam: lot of talking and offerings and not keeping business promises. its ok if something takes long. my mail account has countless mails from stam and josh "that the product is ready" or "give me 1-2 days". i stayed polite so far but this pattern seems insane to me.
Please email me your PayPal email address so I can process your refund promptly.
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by andersmv View Post
It’s going to continue to be the same problem and same response forever. Josh is going to come in and apologize and fix your problem. The explanation will be that he always refunds people and that everyone gets their purchase, “eventually”. Don’t buy anything from stam unless you’re absolutely willing to play the “eventually” game. Especially with COVID throwing itself into the equation, you’re basically saving a lot of money to eventually get something.
Thankfully it's not

The existing pre-order system will end in December
Several products can no longer be reserved on our site and will only be available in stock
We will remove all discounts and pre-orders from the site by the end of the year.

It's a shame for those who are on a budget and were really happy with saving big bucks but it's the right direction for us.

It's hard to have stock when everything sells out within minutes but we will post whatever we have left on our social media.

Thanks
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuanaconda View Post
Please email me your PayPal email address so I can process your refund promptly.
We are in mail contact since a couple weeks. Don't know how many of your clients wait for a refund. Just pay the refund or i will contact paypal.

You know i was also many years a solo freelancer working. I like your products and your pitched ideas. But the way you handle your clients and communicate is not normal and on my side a certain point of understanding is over.
Here for the gear

in your last mail you said i should wait 1-2 days until you sell the product someone else (this is 12 days ago).
a) i wonder if the product is even built.
b) and why do i have to wait until you have sold it when you have waiting lists?
Old 19th October 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Out of curiosity, how many emails have you sent
requesting a refund in those 3 weeks?
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by iangomes View Post
Out of curiosity, how many emails have you sent
requesting a refund in those 3 weeks?
me: preordered in may 2018

stam end of july. your order will be shipping in august. please pay full.
me end of july. payed full

me end of september. 1 month late. how its going?
stam: no answer

couple days later, me end of september. i want refund with detailed infos
stam: answer within 1 hour. why do i want cancel?
me: the wait and i need my money back

me 5 days later: i want refund with detailed infos
stam: i will process the refund

me 2 days later: no refund received
stam: give me a day or two to sell the product someone in the client list

me 8 days later: no refund reveiced

me 5 days later: on gearslutz. describing situation.
stam: answer within 1 hour here in the forum, not to my last mail.

today: i wrote again via mail that i wait until tomorrow or will contact paypal.
Here for the gear

i received my refunds now. for the initial deposit i was charged paypal transactions fees. i don't care i'm fine that i have my money back.

wish stam all good for the future.
Company Rep
Quote:
We are in mail contact since a couple weeks. Don't know how many of your clients wait for a refund. Just pay the refund or i will contact paypal.

You know i was also many years a solo freelancer working. I like your products and your pitched ideas. But the way you handle your clients and communicate is not normal and on my side a certain point of understanding is over.
I have no idea who you are unless you send me your PayPal email from a forum name. That is why I am requesting that information.

I don't handle refunds or accounts anymore but step in when it's needed on cases were there has been a slow response or a problem like yours.
Company Rep
Quote:

today: i wrote again via mail that i wait until tomorrow or will contact paypal.
Sorry about the hassle on the refund

We are overwhelmed with over 300-400 emails daily and work since lockdown has been lifted and we are tryin to catch up with all of them plus I need to spend most of the day on engineering.

Glad the refund has been sorted, I wish you the best of luck as well
Old 22nd October 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:

Well, it seems like the forum does its job! Glad you got your refund.
Old 28th October 2020 | Show parent
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleshnyc View Post
I had to threaten them with fraud charges to get my refund. They actually asked me to send them an invoice for my refund!! I was like, um, no, I'm not getting charged 3% for my refund. A clown operation.
Everybody has to send an invoice for their refund if the payment is over 180 days old. It's required for accounting and the Chilean tax system.

This is the second time you have mentioned you believe that threats did something good. They did not. Everybody who cancels gets a refund. If they are nice, if they are not nice, if they insult us or threaten us. We have been processing refunds for 7 years now and we have dealt with some very nice folks and some that are not so happy. It's part of the business.
Lives for gear

Quote:
... you believe that threats did something good. They did not....
wrong.
i'm living proof.
it's sad but it's true.
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by the fxs View Post
wrong.
i'm living proof.
it's sad but it's true.
That's strange. 99.9% of clients who have cancelled their orders have never threaten us nor been rude about it yet they all got a refund.

Go figure.
Here for the gear

I am taking the risk on the 251. Ordered just now. Josh don't let me down!
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdflr View Post

Thanks!
I’ll do my best =)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdflr View Post
lol I think we all look forward to this thread getting necro'd in a year...
Old 29th October 2020 | Show parent
I can understand the frustration a lot of people experience with the whole process at Stam Audio. I think that honestly, if realistic time frames of delivery were given for each product on the website before people were to order, there wouldn't be so much heartburn. Josh makes really good products, and they are worth a wait time imo, but it's really important to also know WHAT that wait time will realistically be. If its 2 months or 2 years, that plays a big role for a lot of people in determining if they want to buy the equipment or find a similar product elsewhere. It's a compromise. I can understand delays with suppliers happening or downtime for the build shop, (like who would have guessed COVID would hit for example?), but to hear some of the horror stories with wait times and what appear to be outright lies concerning shipping dates; it's just not a good business practice if one really wants to keep people coming back for more. THAT should be overall end-game; to have happy customers who are informed so that they return and can brag about your product to others to receive even more business from new customers in return.

I have a Stam 73 channel, and I love it. But I bought it secondhand because I didn't want to deal with the wait time and the hassle that I have heard from so many others on this forum. I find it truly unfortunate that more transparency cant be made to customers on wait times; let people decide whether they want to wait for the product for as long as an honest wait time might be. Imo, for the quality of products Josh makes, some will still choose to wait for an extended time, while others will choose to go elsewhere. If this was done, at the least, there wouldn't be so many disappointed customers who feel they've been slightly (or deeply) screwed and more return customers for more products.

Which brings me to my next topic: When is my pre-ordered SA-609 coming?
Old 29th October 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwitchesAndDials View Post
I can understand the frustration a lot of people experience with the whole process at Stam Audio. I think that honestly, if realistic time frames of delivery were given for each product on the website before people were to order, there wouldn't be so much heartburn. Josh makes really good products, and they are worth a wait time imo, but it's really important to also know WHAT that wait time will realistically be. If its 2 months or 2 years, that plays a big role for a lot of people in determining if they want to buy the equipment or find a similar product elsewhere. It's a compromise. I can understand delays with suppliers happening or downtime for the build shop, (like who would have guessed COVID would hit for example?), but to hear some of the horror stories with wait times and what appear to be outright lies concerning shipping dates; it's just not a good business practice if one really wants to keep people coming back for more. THAT should be overall end-game; to have happy customers who are informed so that they return and can brag about your product to others to receive even more business from new customers in return.

I have a Stam 73 channel, and I love it. But I bought it secondhand because I didn't want to deal with the wait time and the hassle that I have heard from so many others on this forum. I find it truly unfortunate that more transparency cant be made to customers on wait times; let people decide whether they want to wait for the product for as long as an honest wait time might be. Imo, for the quality of products Josh makes, some will still choose to wait for an extended time, while others will choose to go elsewhere. If this was done, at the least, there wouldn't be so many disappointed customers who feel they've been slightly (or deeply) screwed and more return customers for more products.

Which brings me to my next topic: When is my pre-ordered SA-609 coming?
No sooner than 4 years!

Now, when you get it in 2 years you will be pleasantly surprised! Haha :D
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
Here for the gear

There is a shop on REVERB that keeps selling STAM audio items around the holidays for a huge markup.

https://reverb.com/item/37058874-sta...t-one-in-stock

Too bad the shipping costs are so much, but if waiting an uncertain time is worth $800-1000 to you, go for it.

I noticed they save items all year and then post them around (now) November-ish.

Strategy:
With Stam, its almost like you need to order all the Warm audio stuff, to use immediately, then place preorders for the same equipment models at STAM, and then sell the Warm Audio pieces when the STAMS arrive.
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by iangomes View Post
No sooner than 4 years!

Now, when you get it in 2 years you will be pleasantly surprised! Haha :D
We have announced to all clients that their unit will ship between the 20th of January and 20th of February

Since I will have all transformers with me by end December from Carnhill I think this is feasible

Boards are already being populated and chassis are prepared for them.

Some people got their units and the reviews so far are outstanding. It's a complex unit indeed but enjoyable to manufacture. A lot of diode matching!
Lives for gear

Quote:
We have announced to all clients that their unit will ship between the 20th of January and 20th of February

Since I will have all transformers with me by end December from Carnhill I think this is feasible
If you only think it's feasible, you shouldn't be announcing it.
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentvangogo View Post
If you only think it's feasible, you shouldn't be announcing it.
I’ll rephrase it then to highly likely, they will probably be done a little sooner than the announced date but I rather be early than late for a change, things happen. I can get sick again or we can have a second lockdown, you never know.

Such is life these days.
Old 2 weeks ago
Company Rep
Here is a gut shot If our work on the 33609
Attached Thumbnails
Stam Audio - what's the deal?-0516b5b5-9019-4716-a76f-0aacc5806861.jpg  
Here for the gear

What about my 251?
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear