The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Please more performance mixers! Mixers (Analog)
Old 6 days ago
  #1
Lives for gear
 

Please more performance mixers!

My god I have been asking and dreaming of this for so long! Why aren’t companies seeing the need for small/high quality performance based mixers? I’m not even doing electronic music and I still really want a small footprint (linelevel) mixer that I can PLAY! what I’m looking for:

1) 6-8 channels to 2 out
2) 3-4 mono aux outputs! <- pro the most important feature for me right now.
3) headphone amp
4) line level
5) small footprint

I have been using a boss bx-800 and really dig the size and simple layout.....NOW! I know some of you will shiiiiiiiit a brick thinking that that mixer is terrible. It is. And that’s kinda why I like it. BUT, I would really love a mixer that size (or smaller) with some pro studio sound.

Am I asking for the WORLD HERE?!!! YES! This is the moan zone after all. Will it be expensive? Probably! But it’s something I would be willing to pay 3-4 grand for. I know some of you won’t get his and I will probably get a slew of responses back saying “hey have you tried xyz?”. The answer is yes. I have found NOTHING close to what I’m looking for on the market. Rant over. Thanks
Old 6 days ago
  #2
Lives for gear
 
Thomas W. Bethe's Avatar
There are lots of mixers that would do what you want. Just do some Googleing. Soundcraft, Mackie, Allen and Heath, Behringer, and the list goes on.

Best of luck!
Old 5 days ago
  #3
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas W. Bethe View Post
There are lots of mixers that would do what you want. Just do some Googleing. Soundcraft, Mackie, Allen and Heath, Behringer, and the list goes on.

Best of luck!
Yeah....I’ve tried them all. I’m talking smaller and more high quality. The closest mixer I’ve been able to find is a Calrec minimixer. But, they are crazy hard to find and when I have found them guys are wanting upwards of $7000-$10,000.
Old 5 days ago
  #4
Lives for gear
 
Thomas W. Bethe's Avatar
Sonosax makes incredible small mixers. Used sell for less than 5K if you can find one. See SONOSAX SX-S SWISS MADE AUDIO MIXER WITH POWER SUPPLY | eBay

Remember this you can have any two but not all three of the magic triangle.

CHEAP*FAST*GOOD or in your case you have a need for all three EXPENSIVE*HIGH QUALITY*LOTS OF FEATURES but you want it CHEAP. Best of luck in finding what you want. I think a lot of people are looking for the same thing and finding as you will find that it does not exist. You cannot get quality and get it for very little (except maybe at WALMART). Too bad they don't sell audio equipment. <YET>

FWIW

Last edited by Thomas W. Bethe; 4 days ago at 07:12 PM.. Reason: Added a link
Old 4 days ago
  #5
Lives for gear
 
JayTee4303's Avatar
Old... rackmount MixWiz. Not tiny, but 6 sends.

New... the Ipad/tablet digital things.
Old 4 days ago
  #6
Gear Nut
 

midas mr18
Old 4 days ago
  #7
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magoostus View Post
midas mr18
Sorry, only looking for analog and I need a way to “play” the mixer.
Old 4 days ago
  #8
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas W. Bethe View Post
Sonosax makes incredible small mixers. Used sell for less than 5K if you can find one. See SONOSAX SX-S SWISS MADE AUDIO MIXER WITH POWER SUPPLY | eBay

Remember this you can have any two but not all three of the magic triangle.

CHEAP*FAST*GOOD or in your case you have a need for all three EXPENSIVE*HIGH QUALITY*LOTS OF FEATURES but you want it CHEAP. Best of luck in finding what you want. I think a lot of people are looking for the same thing and finding as you will find that it does not exist. You cannot get quality and get it for very little (except maybe at WALMART). Too bad they don't sell audio equipment. <YET>

FWIW
If you notice in my original post I mentioned that I do t mind paying for a good mixer. But, there is a limit. $10,000. for a 8 channel compact mixer is a little much.
Old 4 days ago
  #9
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTee4303 View Post
Old... rackmount MixWiz. Not tiny, but 6 sends.

New... the Ipad/tablet digital things.
Mixwizard sounds terrible. Used one for years. Hate it and it way too big.

I’m only looking for analog and can’t see anyway you can connect 6-8 channels up to an ipad and actively “play” it as a mixer.
Old 3 days ago
  #10
Lives for gear
 
esldude's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas W. Bethe View Post
Sonosax makes incredible small mixers. Used sell for less than 5K if you can find one. See SONOSAX SX-S SWISS MADE AUDIO MIXER WITH POWER SUPPLY | eBay

Remember this you can have any two but not all three of the magic triangle.

CHEAP*FAST*GOOD or in your case you have a need for all three EXPENSIVE*HIGH QUALITY*LOTS OF FEATURES but you want it CHEAP. Best of luck in finding what you want. I think a lot of people are looking for the same thing and finding as you will find that it does not exist. You cannot get quality and get it for very little (except maybe at WALMART). Too bad they don't sell audio equipment. <YET>

FWIW
https://www.walmart.com/search/?quer...peahead=mackie

Hey, Walmart's got you covered.
Old 3 days ago
  #11
Lives for gear
 
Thomas W. Bethe's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Providence View Post
If you notice in my original post I mentioned that I do t mind paying for a good mixer. But, there is a limit. $10,000. for a 8 channel compact mixer is a little much.
The one listed on Ebay is $3,354.00 NOT $10,000 FWIW
Old 3 days ago
  #12
Lives for gear
 
Thomas W. Bethe's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by esldude View Post
I stand corrected. Did not know that WalMart sold Mackie mixers. My bad!
Old 3 days ago
  #13
Lives for gear
 

Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas W. Bethe View Post
The one listed on Ebay is $3,354.00 NOT $10,000 FWIW
Yeah I was just referring to my original post about the Calrecs. That mixer looks nice except for one major thing that I need above all else. 3-4 aux sends.
Old 2 days ago
  #14
Lives for gear
 
Thomas W. Bethe's Avatar
Lot of features, lots of sends, all analog, high quality and you don't want to spend any money...Good luck!
Old 1 day ago
  #15
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas W. Bethe View Post
Lot of features, lots of sends, all analog, high quality and you don't want to spend any money...Good luck!
You seem to be mistaken and I dont mind paying. $4000 has to be my limit though. I think that is pretty damn high for a good quality mixer for the features I’m looking for. Anything above that and I’m out.
Old 1 day ago
  #16
Lives for gear
 
Thomas W. Bethe's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Providence View Post
You seem to be mistaken and I dont mind paying. $4000 has to be my limit though. I think that is pretty damn high for a good quality mixer for the features I’m looking for. Anything above that and I’m out.
Best of luck. I hope you find what you want at a price that is agreeable to you. Let us know what you finally get.
Old 20 hours ago
  #17
Here for the gear
 

maybe one of these?

APB-DynaSonics ProRack

not super small but can be racked
Old 6 hours ago
  #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Providence View Post
You seem to be mistaken and I dont mind paying. $4000 has to be my limit though. I think that is pretty damn high for a good quality mixer for the features I’m looking for. Anything above that and I’m out.
Yes and no.

The trouble is it’s a small market, and “quality” is subjective - is the Mackie “quality” to you? If not, what is?
Mentioned Products
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump