The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Young people dredging through the past for inane, trite pop songs Keyboard Controllers
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelpatterson View Post
I don't want to read too much into this... but I keep hearing in my line of work kids who weren't born until well into the early years of the present century belting these out with conviction, instead of say "Take The Long Way Home" & "Love's In Need Of Love Today."

Any theories?
Classic rock radio, and the other ways older music from these eras gets piped out into the mainstream. Kids will belt out what they're presented with. If you have an issue with what they're belting, look to who's feeding their ears.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

"I Think I Love You". In the hands of a talented singer that could be the most frightening tune ever. Read those lyrics and think about how you felt asking somebody out.Funny, I've been listening to the Four Seasons 25th Anniversary set. Has anybody noticed how some of these not only have amazing arrangements and playing, but would be great to cover.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Portia-I gave a young boy about 8 a CD of the Last Poets, telling him this was part of the roots of rap. Two days later he told me it wasn't rap, as there was nothing about bitches or ho's. I was tempted to say that maybe the Last Poets didn't know his mom, but I contained myself:
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hann View Post
Portia-I gave a young boy about 8 a CD of the Last Poets, telling him this was part of the roots of rap. Two days later he told me it wasn't rap, as there was nothing about bitches or ho's. I was tempted to say that maybe the Last Poets didn't know his mom, but I contained myself:
You meant to mention me as @boombapdame and my sig quote comes from one of the few musicologists that inspires me. The boy you speak of has been misinformed by mass media regarding Hip Hop and he needs to know what it used to be but more so what it is now, start w/Rapsody, Phonte, Ruby Ibarra, Noname Gypsy, 3D Na'tee, Farrah Burns, Dutch Rebelle, Chris Rivers (Big Pun's son), etc.
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swurveman View Post
My theory is that these songs have made their way into regular football band repertories and are played week after week in football stadiums. "Sweet Caroline" is another one.
DANG... Now you got "Sweet Caroline" etched into my head and I can't get rid of it!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search