The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
baby boomers
Old 24th April 2013
Lives for gear

Does anyone know any generation that thought the previous one had all the right answers?

TH
Old 25th April 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr Weiss View Post
Hey kid, i mean 'young man', go easy on clubheadjobby, O.K ?

Not everybody have mastered the English language like you have.
We have members from all over the world and English may not be their native language. We must show some tolerance. Also keep in mind that 'Google Translate' is still in its infancy, mistakes are sure to occur.

Or, maybe, clubheadjobby is just pulling your leg.

Furthermore, i don't know what a right 'whinger' is.

-H.W.
Would be nice if he didn't periodically go through a list of vaguely pointless threads, and bump them with even more pointless, not to mention incomprehensible posts.

I agree with what you're saying re English - but I suspect even if we could understand what's being said, it wouldn't be worth resurrecting 5yo threads.
Old 28th April 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_monkey View Post
Would be nice if he didn't periodically go through a list of vaguely pointless threads, and bump them with even more pointless, not to mention incomprehensible posts.

I agree with what you're saying re English - but I suspect even if we could understand what's being said, it wouldn't be worth resurrecting 5yo threads.
HaHa, psycho monkey, you are right and only now i noticed. heh

Anyways, I think it is a good diversion and all good; I go with the flow.
Hey, at least we can have some laughs here on 'The Moan Zone' and not take life too seriously, like going postal.

Live and learn, I love it!!

Peace, H.W.

Last edited by Herr Weiss; 28th April 2013 at 03:35 AM.. Reason: fixing details
Old 28th April 2013
At least we know he didn't waste money on that cardboard bong in his picture.
Old 28th April 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Roddey View Post
At least we know he didn't waste money on that cardboard bong in his picture.
Yeah, it comes free with a purchase of a roll of paper towel.
Only one per customer and no refunds. New national ration policy.

Hard to tell if any type of animal cruelty is being observed.
It could be something stuffed. Interesting. Photoshop?!?

Just kidding, H.W.
Old 29th April 2013
Gear Maniac

i not bump the threads for no meanings, but becuase i has some commenting to make.

im sorry my english is nt as good as yours but i dont have benefit of native language nor much school and the right-click correction isn't perfection
Old 29th April 2013
We're just messin with ya, dude.
Old 29th April 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by clubheadjobby View Post
i not bump the threads for no meanings, but becuase i has some commenting to make.

im sorry my english is nt as good as yours but i dont have benefit of native language nor much school and the right-click correction isn't perfection
I'm yet to see the comment that makes it worth bumping a 5 year old thread though.
Old 29th April 2013
Lives for gear

5 years old? op reads 2002 don't you guys file things away in an archive?

As for English I've called CHJ on it as well, he blames his schooling and he's not a native speaker but he can clearly read and understand it well and I've seen him write the same word right and wrong in the same post which to me seems just a bit lazy or sloppy.
You can research what you want to write and at the same time learn the right way of writing things, we are posting with text here it's not the same as blurting things out in conversation you can read what you are about to post, correct it and structure it.
Old 29th April 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batchainpuller78 View Post
You can research what you want to write and at the same time learn the right way of writing things, we are posting with text here it's not the same as blurting things out in conversation you can read what you are about to post, correct it and structure it.
I don't know if this is intentional or not, but I've read this sentence about ten times, and I'm still not 100% clear what's going on.

If intentional, there's a quite random jump that appears to sync with the statement (and could be quite clever). If not, then it's just random, which is making me confused and hurting my overtired brain (which in fact has been correcting grammar for too many hours already this evening).
Old 29th April 2013
Lives for gear

Oh sure the way I construct sentences or think might still come from my original language and probably has errors, I'm not native English myself but I do try to avoid spelling mistakes which is easy if you ask me.
Old 29th April 2013
The search for scapegoats is the frequent recourse of the morally weak and the intellectually lazy.

Reality is seldom as simple and black and white as the world appears when we are 20 or so. Tragically, Kurt lost his own battle with himself before he had a chance to develop a mature view of the world with the sophistication to see that things really are not so simple and that blame almost never rests on just one individual or group.
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear