The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Fed Ex has my new EQ on their truck for delievery and never came Dynamic Microphones
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by realtrance View Post
My kids are learning spinning, knitting, weaving, blacksmithing and using their backyard as a vegetable garden, to prepare for the future. I think they're on to something.

Enjoy the electronic toys while there's still electricity!
The remake of "Mad Max" will look a lot like the original, except that the desert will be littered with dead Teslas.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Hahn View Post
The remake of "Mad Max" will look a lot like the original, except that the desert will be littered with dead Teslas.
Oh yeah, use the batteries for vaping. So stock up on solar panels and eJuice. Maybe water, yeah water. Good to go. Front row seat at burning man. Or vaping man. I better get back to work
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Hahn View Post
Not Teslas; those will be seen as a brief fad toy sold by the first 21st-century charlatan.

Not quite as up there on the collectible scale as the Pet Rock, though...

No, the desert will be littered with black Escalades. Used as homes by most people. The rims will be sold and melted down for jewelry for 11 year old boys.

You heard it here first!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by realtrance View Post
Looks like info from 2015.....?

If you go onto Glassdoor.com right now, it seems like most of the driver postings for local route are estimated at $11-$14/hr., rather than the $17/hr. average quoted above.

Who knows? I do know there's currently apparently a massive shortage of truck drivers in the US, to the point where it's going to start driving all hauled items' prices up, and lead to a lot of spoilage.

I would attribute this basically to the same thing that other companies also complain about when they say they "can't find talent" -- because they're paying wages that are inadequate to live on in the US, especially in any major urban areas.

I'm sure driverless trucking will solve all this, hahahahahaha......

How much does a FedEx driver make a year?

FedEx Delivery Driver Salary. A typical delivery driver earns approximately $21-$27 per hour. These drivers earn an average pay of $24 per hour, or $48,000 per year. You'll also find that there are cash bonuses up to $5,600 a year as well as stock bonuses when working as a delivery driver.

This site:

https://www.paysa.com/salaries/fedex--driver

has the low end of $39k (about $19+ per hour) and the average at $50k (about $25+ per hour). Even if you factor in the aforementioned bonus, that would put the low end at around $17 per hour.

Glassdoor is not the only game in town, and they seem to be citing salaries form over a decade ago.

Cheers.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Guru

I was no more than 15' from the front door yesterday when they left a tag saying nobody answered the door. I think they do that when they need a signature and it's getting late in their route. I'm sure that 60 whole seconds it would have taken to deliver the package would have ruined their career.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kafka View Post
I was no more than 15' from the front door yesterday when they left a tag saying nobody answered the door. I think they do that when they need a signature and it's getting late in their route. I'm sure that 60 whole seconds it would have taken to deliver the package would have ruined their career.
Back when I was a phone company linemen in the 70s , the was a form you left on the door of a customer who wasn't home when you called to check out a fault.

The form was an "A108" (although it's a bit disturbing that I remember that after 40 years)

Some guys were expert at the "A108 knock" if someone was really screaming at them to be somewhere else.

This consisted of parking the phone company van out of sight of the windows of the house, creeping up the garden path like a ninja , tapping the door gently with one finger, waiting three seconds for someone to come to the door, then leaving the form and running like hell.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search