The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Rip-Off Britain!! Analog Processors (HW)
Old 1st March 2011
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentachoron View Post
Moving is one of numerous options -- it may not be the most “helpful”, but it is valid.

As I wrote, I’ve come across “too many” of these threads over the years, and that was my turn to vent on the internet. I own up to the “irony”.

You wrote:
‘No they are in the business of making a profit while providing a service to the people and, if their service cost is to high then people go elsewhere. If like me and there is not much competition in your country you turn to purchase from the internet.’

I was commenting on the perceived attitude that any business is somehow obligated to bargain with any potential customer, offering them a “fair” discount, even if the seller does not need to. One of my points was, if any individual doesn’t like the pricing policies of any given manufacturer or retailer they can shop elsewhere, rather than become seemingly indignant at not being offered a “deal”.

You wrote:
‘To be honest people were just quoting their personal findings,…’

As I was just expressing my personal opinions.

You wrote:
‘…no need to jump in with what seems like an arrogant post talking about things you don't seem to understand. You cant possibly know or assume to understand every-bodies individual situation.’

I’m talking about what’s been written on the screen: people don’t like the pricing policies of numerous retailers, and they don’t like tax policies that add to the cost of certain gear.

You wrote:
‘Yes there are overheads and some people just don't seem to understand that, but coming across they way you have is not going to enlighten anyone.’

I’m not here to “enlighten” anyone -- are you here to “defend” everyone?
Defend everyone? Nope, only when i'm offended.
I just didn't like the way your post mentioned things about other countries "tax polices" and "social services" and i pulled you on it, nothing to lose sleep about.
You said "I was just expressing my personal opinions."
Remember ones Personal opinions don't always equal fact.

Thats my lot,

Graham
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search