The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
WARNING! Stay away from Gear4Music.com to purchase musical instruments
Old 11th January 2018
Here for the gear

WARNING! Stay away from Gear4Music.com to purchase musical instruments

I dont do such posts but after having 2 terrible first time experiences with gear4music.com in which they delayed both my orders by months i am notifying others to stay away from this scam online vendor. They dont have items in stock and would make you wait for months for the item to be shipped as it happened with me. Whatever musical instrument you wanna buy online just dont go with them. They also seem to be buying fake good reviews on trustpilot.com to deceive potential customers.

Just dont go for this nightmare of a seller or you will regret like me. Mods plzz keep this post up cause i dont want others to get into the hassle i got into.
Old 11th January 2018
Gear Maniac

i ordered once from them. multiple items were missing without any notice.
Old 11th January 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monk u View Post
i ordered once from them. multiple items were missing without any notice.
They have a history of delaying or messing up with orders which i found out after my own frustrations with the orders i did with them. From their Facebook ratings section i read that they even send used and broken items to customers at new price. Such a disgrace.
Old 11th January 2018
Here for the gear

Here are the screenshots of when the assured me on 19th December 2017 that the item is available and ready for shipping and another screenshot showing the details of the order that i did on the same day for the item on 19th December, 2017 after their assurance email.

11112222222222 — imgbb.com

22222222222222222 — imgbb.com
Old 11th January 2018
Deleted User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammeo View Post
They have a history of delaying or messing up with orders which i found out after my own frustrations with the orders i did with them. From their Facebook ratings section i read that they even send used and broken items to customers at new price. Such a disgrace.
I bought from them and had no particular problems with them as such although I would be in no rush to use them again. My “new” synth turned up with the original box seal broken and re-sealed so I suspect I wasn’t the first person to play or touch my so-called brand new synth!

When telling this story to a musician pal of mine, he informed me that he (and his cousin, also a musician) use Gear4music all the time because Gear4music allow customers to return stuff completely free of charge AND get a full refund - they have a very liberal returns policy (Returns & Refunds Information at Gear4music.com).

He told me that he and his cousin rather cheekily use this policy to ‘try out’ lots of different products and then return them all (for free with Gear4music picking up the return postage) until they find the one they want to eventually buy/keep.

Therefore I’m guessing Gear4music may have quite a stock of used/returned gear which they are then re-sealing and sending out later to other customers as brand new.

In a nutshell, this is why I haven’t had the confidence in Gear4music to buy anything from them again.

The delays in dispatch and missing items you’re experiencing may be Gear4music waiting for another customer to return one of the products you’ve ordered before sending it to you?

Just a thought based on my limited experience with them....
Old 19th January 2018
Gear Maniac

My experience with them has been good. I bought items from them on 3 or 4 occasions and all went very smoothly.
Old 11th February 2019
Here for the gear

My first experience, they are COMPLETELY incompetent and I won't be using them again.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammeo View Post
I dont do such posts but after having 2 terrible first time experiences with gear4music.com in which they delayed both my orders by months i am notifying others to stay away from this scam online vendor. They dont have items in stock and would make you wait for months for the item to be shipped as it happened with me. Whatever musical instrument you wanna buy online just dont go with them. They also seem to be buying fake good reviews on trustpilot.com to deceive potential customers.

Just dont go for this nightmare of a seller or you will regret like me. Mods plzz keep this post up cause i dont want others to get into the hassle i got into.
Ah, now that I no longer work for them, I am free to post

Yes, G4m are are ****e company with questionable morals but you sir were an absolute asshole. I've been waiting since I was involved with dealing with you to be able to say that. In this particular instance, you got **** service because you were a piece of **** to everybody you came into contact with. You were abusive to people who had no say in anything that happens with your order! Something went wrong and you threw your toys out of the pram and were horrible to everyone who tried to help. I dislike G4M as much as the next person who got screwed over by their policies or has ever worked for them but you were just a next level asshole, you really were a childish piece of ****. You were the office joke for quite a period of time too, my friend. Creating new accounts on every forum you could find just to slag off the company, creating accounts to leave multiple reviews, being horrible to people who had no involvement with your issue.... you were an absolute laughing stock dude.

Ultimately dude, you showed you have absolutely no understanding of how ecommerce in the UK works, you had no idea of how the logistics work and you became nothing more than a sad joke.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Addict
Got to say that the one experience I have of them was not good, lack of communication, late, goods evidently used and not even set up very well despite having been out of the box for a long time before shipping. Politely challenged the claims made about it to be treated with disdain and have every fact rebutted by an excuse. Responses seemed to be written by some princess with no conception that they might actually be in the wrong. I'm guessing that they were too immature to have a customer facing role, or maybe to be out of diapers.

I kept the item/s because it was no longer in production and they'd been the last place to stock one, took some money to get it right, though.

As for G4M, well, everybody has just one chance to make a first impression. They blew it.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search