The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Charter Oak don't return gear sent in for service Condenser Microphones
Old 3rd October 2018
In my early years I used a lot of Lang equipment. I knew Lou Lang personally. He was a genius at building equipment and also servicing it. Too bad they went out of business. What a gentlemen and was also a GREAT business man. There are good people out there who build exceptional gear but it seems from reading GS they are getting to be few and far between. Too bad.
Old 12th October 2018
Here for the gear

Still no news from Michael Deming despite numerous emails and phone calls... I've summon him to send me back my unit if he was not able to offer a solution for servicing or replacing it. No answer...

Might create a new post to take a census of people who are in the same situation.
Old 24th October 2018
Here for the gear

I've sent Mike Deming the H1000A Microphone back in August and had a few emails and phone calls exchanged, until he went dark for a couple of weeks and then wrote about having a stroke and being in the hospital. A month passed since then and Mike cannot be reached anymore. Even emails return undelivered because the mailbox is full. I assume he is getting a lot of emails and not able to use a computer. I sincerely hope he is going to recover and deal with the situation. At the very least I expect to get the microphone back and try to repair it myself if Mike is not capable of doing so.
Old 26th October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by altSonik View Post
Still no news from Michael Deming despite numerous emails and phone calls... I've summon him to send me back my unit if he was not able to offer a solution for servicing or replacing it. No answer...

Might create a new post to take a census of people who are in the same situation.
Of course you haven't heard any news.

Because for some strange reason, you guys want to keep enabling him. Which would be fine if it were just you, but you are enabling him to continue to take advantage of other people too.

Get the authorities involved. You'll get communication then. Likely not until.

If it's a true misunderstanding then no harm, no foul.

But I don't think that's what's going on.
Old 26th October 2018
Gear Guru

100% agree with the above.
Old 2 days ago
Just wondering if there's any update from Charter Oak. Sounds like they were at NAMM...
Old 2 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Sullivan View Post
Just wondering if there's any update from Charter Oak. Sounds like they were at NAMM...
Have not heard anything.
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Just wow. Was thinking about this some days ago and wondering....
Just wow
Old 2 days ago
It’s a shame, I remember hearing a SCL-1 and being blown away and have long thought about getting one, but don’t think I can risk it.

Mike Deming is also a great engineer...love his work with the Lilys, Pernice Brothers, and Beachwood Sparks...some of my favorite bands which is another reason I wanted to support him
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search