The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Moogfest 2018 Lineup Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Angry Moogfest 2018 Lineup

Am I the only one annoyed by this lineup? I'm all for diversity, but come on.... And what the hell is Chelsea Manning doing at an event for synth and music nerds/fans? Oh, she's going to talk about technology? That makes perfect sense. Of course she should be the one giving us a tech talk.

Apparently one artist wasn't amused by their shenanigans. Caroline Polachek Pulls Out of Moogfest 2018 Over Lineup Announcement | Pitchfork

Ideally, I'd like moog to stick to making synths and stay away from politics. Let the artists, politicians, and everyone else rant and rave and moan and groan. Anyway, my new Minimoog Model D arrives tomorrow. Very disappointed in the company, but I'm not going to let their cute little political move ruin the gloriousness.

Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

I think the organizers' hearts are mostly in the right place, but the lineup doesn't exactly scream equality. Lately it seems like the theme has been to fight oppression with oppression. Seems a bit silly. Anyway....

Having said that, I do think it's cool that more artists will be heard. I just don't think a 100% removal of male performers was necessary. Or, not???

Aaaaand...I was just informed that that was just the 1st wave of artists and the next wave will include performers of all sexes. Ha! Well, I feel like a bit of an ass, but it was still an annoying move.
Old 6 days ago
Maybe Chelsea Manning is an emergent power-user of the make noise shared system? Stranger things have happened.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search