The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Native Instrument Kontakt 6 Change! Reverb & Delay Plugins
Old 1 week ago
rolol
Native Instrument Kontakt 6 Change!

Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

A lot of us think it's too expensive as well, but if you want to use libraries that operate on it, you gotta pony up the money. A couple of times a year they discount it at 50%. I bought it on such a sale.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Not a chance. It's their flagship product and the alternatives aren't great. Maybe if another company developed a platform that could truly rival it and 3rd party creators were all over it, it could drive down the price. But for now enough people want/need Kontakt to be willing to pay the asking price. It's basic economics, whether you like it or not.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Kontakt is a steal. I don't understand why third party companies continue to develop exclusively their librairies for this platform only. Do they earn more money ? I really hate this sampler.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolol View Post
I think that Kontakt shouldn't cost as much as it does. They charge you 400 for a Sampler with a ~10 year old Library. If i want to buy a nice sounding 3rd Party Library i have to invest 400 just to be able to play it
Not true. A lot of 3rd party libraries come with a free version of Kontakt. In those instances you don't have to buy the full version just to play certain libraries.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

That said (and many companies do not offer the free player version) why is Kontakt prefered to other samplers ? Is it really better ? I mean technically ? I really don’t like its user interface.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

No one will pay 400 for kontakt when it's included in komplete that can be found for... 400. Considering the platform, what other choice for big libraries (i mean muti giga libs) ? Uvi workstation ? With uvi, you can cook your whole meal between the moment you double click on a patch and the moment it's ready... Kontakt is not perfect, but its code is optimized to death. Let's see what k6 will bring on the table...
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Just get it when it goes on sale again, im sure they will have a Christmas or new years sale. Hell i barely upgraded to KU11 last week because of the sale and only really wanted it for the replika xt plug in.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I don't think anybody is paying for the sampler part of Kontakt. I believe that NI charges their fee in order to cover the included library which is nearly 50 gigs. Yeah, it may be old in your opinion, but in and of itself it could be all anybody needs to create ideas and compositions. The sounds are still very usable. Also, once you are in the NI "family" you are eligible for many good cross grade upgrades to Komplete and KU.

fb
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

I’m ready to pay for Kontakt, but not for its outdated librairies. So 400 is waaaay too much. That’s a pity, because I’d be ready to pay for a few good librairies that use Kontakt like Nashville Sampling co batteries (I bought the only one that uses the free player). A fair price for the sampler only would be 100-150 € today.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

199.00 sale is mid summer and Xmas time ... standby ..
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

50% off sale was just last month around black friday, that is the only sale all the year where individual instruments are discounted. The other sales are upgrades and updates.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by login View Post
50% off sale was just last month around black friday, that is the only sale all the year where individual instruments are discounted. The other sales are upgrades and updates.
ah .. crap i thought it was xmas time .. damn black friday
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
True but for that price you can get better sounding libraries. And then you can pick what you really need!
There is a lot of stuff i wouldn't use. So why not make the library optional or at least do an up-to-date library? Or as I suggested lower the price because it's so "old" now.
Hmmm. I'm starting to think that this thread should be moved to the Moan Zone.

fb
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Don't buy kontakt on its own buy it as part of komplete 11 or better still get the ultimate 11 package.
I think most users do this and that's why ni keep the standalone prices high it makes the bundles a more attractive product.
Yes the kontakt library is outdated and I don't think many use it I know I don't I sometimes use the included Vienna instruments but that's it i use it with 3rd party and other products included within k11u such as Una corda.
Old 1 week ago
It was 199.50$ for most of November. Bought it, satisfied. The stock library is actually quite great, much better than anything that comes with a DAW or is available for free on the internet IMHO. Also included Micro Machines MK2 or something like that.

I wouldn't have paid full price for it, but now that I have it I'd miss it if I didn't have it anymore.

There are a lot of great free libraries for it on the internet which adds to the value. Most are novelty instruments, or limited libraries to get you to buy the full one, so I come back to the Kontakt factory library for core sounds (e.g. piano, strings and brass), there's 23Gb in there after all.

I do want bigger better orchestral libraries. During the November sale it was possible to get Komplete 11 for 399 or Ultimate for 599 by buying Kontakt first then buying the upgrade. Should've done it.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear
If you are in a rush things tend to cost more. Wait for the offers.
For example, this was my way into Kontakt:

1. Bought a good sample library from Spitfire Audio that I needed, which worked with just the Kontakt Player. Made an account with NI.
2. Waited for the next offers; black Monday.
3. EUR 125 bought Kontakt 5 as a cross-grade from the Spitfire Audio product.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear
Quote:
That sounds nice! How much did you pay for the library? And is it possible with other companies' libraries?
I was not really aware of the cross-grade options before. I think I paid around EUR 450 for that library. I don't recall exactly, because it was more a case of needing exactly that tool, rather than shopping around.

The cross-grade option was off my radar and NI reminded me that I was entitled when I sprung for the Kontakt 5 in the black Monday sales. That was nice of them. That saved about another EUR 75.

Another surprise for me, was when I bought the Komplete Ultimate in the black Monday sale, the NI check out gave me the option of paying with my American Express points. That was really nice of them. So in the end I got Komplete Ultimate for EUR 35 and was finally rid of those Amex points for which I could find no use for.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
If they sell Komplete for 500 which includes Kontakt and a lot of other stuff then Kontakt alone should cost about 150.
Which is exactly what any sensible person that doesn't want Komplete pays for it.

You download and register the free Sennheiser DrumMicA library that entitles you to crossgrade price and then you wait the sale which was $149 for Kontakt crossgrade in the BF/CM sale just gone.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Sorry but 400 is a ridiculous price for what you get.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Once upon a time kontakt price was quite a bargain, komplete (ultimate didn´t exist yet) was about 1000 USD. SO maybe the price of kontakt is stuck in time, but with the balck friday sale at 200 USD is really a great deal.
Old 1 week ago
Monopolies rule.

For its overwhelming enablement of 3rd party libraries - Kontakt rules.

For the most part, especially for large libraries that need streaming, Native Instruments has the best performing sampler engine that is open to third party content providers.

To their credit, with exception of East-West and Vienna Symphonic, and Spectrasonics, and Sythogy who have their own custom sample playback engines, most significant large sample content providers (including NI's own sample products) are pretty much stuck with Kontakt.

The alternative sampler engines are either poorly supported or have a poor reputation, with few third party libraries, as is the case with UVI.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
As stated, NI has provided several ways to acquire Kontakt for nowhere near $400. Demanding it is not one of them.

Plan ahead and spend wisely on what is important to you. By doing so, you express commitment rather than entitlement.

IMHO of course.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Okay so I get the Sennheiser Library and wait 1 year for Black Friday..

Most of young artist won't look for such "shortcuts" in GS and will see the price of 400€ 350 days a year and wont buy it at all or download it somewhere for free. If you think that NI isn't interested in selling more copies sold okay.
I'm just curious, but what are the 3rd party libraries that you want so much that actually require the FULL version of Kontakt?

fb
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Why do you care so much about all these other "young artists"? What's it to you what other people choose to pay? It's become clear that you just want to endlessly complain and not take in to account anyone's responses here. You can complain all you want, but please do it in the moan zone or on social media or something, for any good it will do you.

Edit: thanks mods for moving this thread to its rightful place.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thismercifulfate View Post
Why do you care so much about all these other "young artists"? What's it to you what other people choose to pay?
Because..."I'm right, I'm right, I'm right, I'm right"!

fb
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

There are 3 sales in the year to get kontakt on sale:

Spring and summer have updates, crossgrades and upgrades sales, there you can get kontakt as a crossgrade from a library. Or the black friday sale at 50%.

If you want komplete get Select for 200 now, and wait for srping/summer sale so you get for another 200 Komplete.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yes i see now that it's the wrong forum where people have money and don't care about other people getting a product for a realistic price :/
Sadly, the world is full of injustices and unfortunately, a young artist NOT getting THEIR way is not one of them.

Also, that is quite an arrogant assumption on your part that everybody on GS has lots of money to throw around. The reality is that a lot of people here have patiently saved money and waited for deals in order to afford the necessary gear to work on a top notch pro level. I am one of those and I also accept the REALITY that I can't always get my way, so I wait until I can. So either accept your fate or go to The Moan Zone, because this IS turning in to a selfish and childish rant.

I suggest that you get a petition against 8dio and claim that it is not fair for them to entice "young artists" with such great sample libraries while they shirk THEIR responsibility of not supplying a proper playback/sampler module in order to satisfy these impatient and unrealistic "young artists".

fb
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Yes i see now that it's the wrong forum where people have money and don't care about other people getting a product for a realistic price :/
Realistic according to who? Subjective value is just that: Subjective. If $200 and a bit of strategy is not a realistic assessment for you, then do without.

I bought Kontakt 2 on a crossgrade, updated with Kontakt 9 on Black Friday.

Quite easy to avoid full price if you try. Effort has it's rewards.

Of course, blaming everyone else for your problems may have initial gratification, but in the end, gets you nowhere.

IMHO of course.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by foamboy View Post
I'm just curious, but what are the 3rd party libraries that you want so much that actually require the FULL version of Kontakt?

fb
For me, Nashville Sampling drums and Cinematique instruments.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search