The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Stam Audio Gear Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragan View Post
Hmm. Well he was invoiced and paid the full amount about 5 weeks ago.
Then he got an email for sure, I emailed the entire list
If not he can contact me anytime.
Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear

Ok, what order are you shipping in? Will the first 50 receive theirs first? Someone said on the FB user group that you told them the SA47 wont start shipping until after you get back from tour, were they mistaken?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuanaconda View Post
Yes, they started shipping last Friday
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monzo View Post
Ok, what order are you shipping in? Will the first 50 receive theirs first? Someone said on the FB user group that you told them the SA47 wont start shipping until after you get back from tour, were they mistaken?
In order
They are shipping
Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear

Good to know, thanks. I'm invoice #3083 , can you estimate when it'll ship?

Quote:
In order
They are shipping
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I sent you a PM if you really cared
That PM seemed more an attempt at a joke, but it is true I didn't care for it. Please don't ever PM me again.

Quote:
Your mic was shipped already anyways so I don't see the point of these questions.
Well, I understand you won't acknowledge the point of these questions, but you seem like a pretty smart guy, so it's likely you understand the point. However for the sake of the folks in the gallery, my points are:

1. I don't like to do business with people who use disregard, obfuscation and deflection as their primary method of customer service.
2. I get the distinct feeling I was invoiced in May as a way to raise capital and I also don't do business with people who engage in that kind of activity unless it is explicitly stated that is what is going on.
3. My general point - will I do business with Stam in the future?

The Magic 8 Ball says....not likely.

Quote:
pd: I said ALL on my email, most of them were done already and probably yours was if you were invoiced
I'm not sure what this is trying to say or what it is responding to. I was invoiced at end of May, the mic left Stam on July 10. To suggest that the mic was done when I was invoiced defies logic. To suggest that the mic was done, but further analysis revealed the tubes were not to spec is a contradiction as any further analysis is a demonstration that the mic had not completed QC yet and therefore was not done.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by swafford View Post
That PM seemed more an attempt at a joke, but it is true I didn't care for it. Please don't ever PM me again.

Well, I understand you won't acknowledge the point of these questions, but you seem like a pretty smart guy, so it's likely you understand the point. However for the sake of the folks in the gallery, my points are:

1. I don't like to do business with people who use disregard, obfuscation and deflection as their primary method of customer service.
2. I get the distinct feeling I was invoiced in May as a way to raise capital and I also don't do business with people who engage in that kind of activity unless it is explicitly stated that is what is going on.

I'm not sure what this is trying to say or what it is responding to. I was invoiced at end of May, the mic left Stam on July 10. To suggest that the mic was done when I was invoiced defies logic. To suggest that the mic was done, but further analysis revealed the tubes were not to spec is a contradiction as any further analysis is a demonstration that the mic had not completed QC yet and therefore was not done.
Well, you were the one that said the joke, I merely recreated your words, you don't care about your own words I guess.

Don't worry, I am in no rush to PM you, but emails and messages are always a more effective way to dissipate doubts than forums, specially when time is in essence, as I initially thought, you don't really care.

With regards to not doing business with me again I can only say I am really sorry and I hope you enjoy your beautiful microphone.

Weather the mic was done or not when we invoiced you at the end of May we will never know but it probably was, the date when it ships has nothing to do with when a unit is ready. Remember, we sell thousand of units and we can only ship a max of 20 a day, it also takes a week for your payment to clear into our account to pay for the shipment, so it all adds up. Sometimes we ship 5 days after payment, sometimes 2 weeks and sometimes, like in your case, it takes a bit longer.

Bottom line, be happy and enjoy your mic!
Kindest regards
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Good to know, thanks. I'm invoice #3083 , can you estimate when it'll ship?
You can email me at [email protected]

Will get it out today or tomorrow for you!
Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear

Just emailed you my phone number for tracking.

Quote:

Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear
Quote:

This is my personal conclusion as well. Invoices are being issued for products that aren’t yet completed as a way to fund the company. I have seen this in the boutique guitar and amp builder market as well. This is a business model that is used when fiduciary responsibilities are in question.

Interesting to observe that Stam Audio never directly responded to your points either.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd33 View Post
I’ve seen an update once or twice there. But it’s far too infrequent. I hear you about the benefits of a personalised order system, but to be honest, I’d be pretty happy if it was just a general update on everything, updated and date stamped every week. The last thing Stam needs is to have time taken way from fulfilling orders and customer service in order to implement a new elaborate personalised system.

Could be as simple as:
25 June 2018
*STAM47 - Tube failures have meant only x number of orders have shipped so far. New tubes estimated arrival xxxx, then shipping will continue on xxxx.
*Stamchild - Still on target for shipping on xxxx. Initial preorders have been exhausted, 2nd preorder batch/price still available.
etc
etc

The important thing is that the update is regular and reliable. People are fairly forgiving about things taking longer than estimated, if communication is of a high standard and also transparent.
I'm also kind of shocked that they don't have some kind of newsletter set up. A weekly newsletter could be sent out to address these issues as well. Plus, advertise new products of course!
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
This issues with the SA4000+ of the "gentleman" above was a one/off problem and the unit was shipped, unfortunately my sister Barbara made a typo mistake on his email leading to this situation.
Just a suggestion...copying and pasting email addresses from PayPal invoices (instead of manually typing them) is best practice. I have made the same mistake before and haven't since doing the copy/paste method!

Quote:
It did have a tube and it passed all tests on the bench, it did not pass the final test while doing the sweep curves, again, I did not anticipate this issue based on the approve samples hence I offered a 50% off on other stuff. I could have shipped them as they sounded OK but decided to wait and deliver something amazing as promised.
Your quality assurance is much appreciated.

Quote:
Remember, we sell thousand of units and we can only ship a max of 20 a day, it also takes a week for your payment to clear into our account to pay for the shipment, so it all adds up. Sometimes we ship 5 days after payment, sometimes 2 weeks and sometimes, like in your case, it takes a bit longer.
Everyone, take heed of the bolded words. The 20 units max limit definitely hinders Stam's operations! Welcome to South America, LOL! The second part is exactly how I operate. My customers don't like it, because they are used to Amazon 2-day shipping/fast food deliveries from GrubHub, but waiting for payments to clear has always been the best practice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lest View Post
This is my personal conclusion as well. Invoices are being issued for products that aren’t yet completed as a way to fund the company. I have seen this in the boutique guitar and amp builder market as well. This is a business model that is used when fiduciary responsibilities are in question.

Interesting to observe that Stam Audio never directly responded to your points either.
It would not shock me, since Stam is operating on tight profit margins. You can always drop $7,000 to Sennheiser if you aren't happy with their business practices. Neumann U67 Collector's Edition Large-diaphragm Condenser Microphone | Sweetwater
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by lest View Post

Why would I need funding ?

And if I did, why would I chose to invoice 30 SA67's?

We got over 600 orders in 5 days for our SA76ADG, that happened before the 67 were invoiced, this makes no sense at all.

The only reason why we invoice prior to sending it is to have the funds ready for the shipping fees and to plan shipments accordingly in advance.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 View Post
I'm also kind of shocked that they don't have some kind of newsletter set up. A weekly newsletter could be sent out to address these issues as well. Plus, advertise new products of course!
We do
Miguel has emailed every list on all orders.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear
It's a shame Josh, you obviously do good work I think your SA-2A is the first convincing LA clone I've come across (I'm in the market for a replacement LA-2A and 1073) but anything over a two week delivery time is a no go for me really.. If there's a way around that send me a PM..!
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAMD View Post
It's a shame Josh, you obviously do good work I think your SA-2A is the first convincing LA clone I've come across (I'm in the market for a replacement LA-2A and 1073) but anything over a two week delivery time is a no go for me really.. If there's a way around that send me a PM..!
Thank you!

You can buy them when they are in stock, they will both be in stock in 2 weeks

Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

Weather the mic was done or not when we invoiced you at the end of May we will never know but it probably was, the date when it ships has nothing to do with when a unit is ready. Remember, we sell thousand of units and we can only ship a max of 20 a day, it also takes a week for your payment to clear into our account to pay for the shipment, so it all adds up. Sometimes we ship 5 days after payment, sometimes 2 weeks and sometimes, like in your case, it takes a bit longer.
Gotcha. You might invoice when a product is done or you might not. Probably. But not always. And anyway, you might ship within 5 days after you invoice. Or you might not. You can't really know because, although you seem well aware of what your local DHL is capable of handling, you must have no idea what's in your shipping queue, otherwise you could ballpark a ship date. And regardless of when it may (or may not!) actually ship, you'll happily send out emails or make FB posts saying it will ship next week, even if next week means 3 weeks.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Gotcha. You might invoice when a product is done or you might not. Probably. But not always. And anyway, you might ship within 5 days after you invoice. Or you might not. You can't really know because, although you seem well aware of what your local DHL is capable of handling, you must have no idea what's in your shipping queue, otherwise you could ballpark a ship date. And regardless of when it may (or may not!) actually ship, you'll happily send out emails or make FB posts saying it will ship next week, even if next week means 3 weeks.
Exactly
Old 1 day ago
Here for the gear

Hi Josh,

Just following up about this. I responded to your email with my phone number, but have not received any shipping notifications yet. Will I receive that today?

Quote:

Old 1 day ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Hi Josh,

Just following up about this. I responded to your email with my phone number, but have not received any shipping notifications yet. Will I receive that today?
I would love to know when the SA-47s will ship also. Anxious to check out this mic!
Old 18 hours ago
Lives for gear
They are shipping now
If you provided your mobile number then it goes out this week
Old 4 hours ago
Here for the gear

Thanks. Once it's in the DHL system will I receive a confirmation text or something?

Quote:
They are shipping now
If you provided your mobile number then it goes out this week
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search