The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Stam Audio Gear Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 13th June 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by lest View Post
I’ve been waiting since April to get shipping status on my SA4000+... 3 emails to sales and Joshua will no reply! I’m starting to get pissed about the lack of communication. Let’s go Stam, how about some reasonable customer service?
Please email me at [email protected]
Old 13th June 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragan View Post
Ive been waiting on an MPA73 for a few months. No responses to emails. I knew that’s the deal with Stam going into this thing but I may cancel and buy something else. We’ll see.

I can’t really get too upset about the big delays and bad communication. Everyone knows that’s the deal with Stam.

Good products if you can put up with the process.
Also, please email me at [email protected]

I have no emails from you on my inbox!!
Old 14th June 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuanaconda View Post

Hi Josh, is the SA-2A still to be shipped in June ? (Preordered early this year with a shipment date around april acording to you).

Is the new SA-76adg still to be shipped in July for the first 100 that ordered it?
Old 14th June 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttattwa View Post
Hi Josh, is the SA-2A still to be shipped in June ? (Preordered early this year with a shipment date around april acording to you).

Is the new SA-76adg still to be shipped in July for the first 100 that ordered it?
Hello

1073, SA2A and SA3A in July
SA76ADG and 1073EQ August
SA-EQP1A, SA87, SA67 (second batch) August

SA47 and SA47 FET in stock.

Thanks!
Old 14th June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:

Hey Joshua. I was sending my emails to the address you'd last emailed me from ([email protected]). I'll use the gmail address in the future. But you answered my question, which was when can I expect the MPA1073 I ordered a few months ago.

I might hang on and wait for it. I'll let you know if I want to go another direction and get a refund. Thanks.
Old 17th June 2018
Here for the gear
Joshua can you please answer this have all of the current sa67's that are going to be delivered this batch been invoiced meaning the remainder will be in the next batch in August? i have already sent numerous emails with no response so just a quick simple response would be nice.
Old 17th June 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlygates View Post
Joshua can you please answer this have all of the current sa67's that are going to be delivered this batch been invoiced meaning the remainder will be in the next batch in August? i have already sent numerous emails with no response so just a quick simple response would be nice.
Yes, all been invoiced
SA67 second batch is in August
I have no emails from you, [email protected] is my email

Thanks
Old 17th June 2018
Here for the gear
Joshua, My email is [email protected] You told me you could not find my paypal payment a week or longer ago so i sent my paypal transaction id and never heard anything back after several emails so now i am pushed out to august? I ordered 2 mics a sa 67 and sa87 back in nov 2017 and now both have been moved to august. i must cancel and I will send an email today for a refund of all deposits i have. thanks cade
Old 17th June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlygates View Post
Joshua, My email is [email protected] You told me you could not find my paypal payment a week or longer ago so i sent my paypal transaction id and never heard anything back after several emails so now i am pushed out to august? I ordered 2 mics a sa 67 and sa87 back in nov 2017 and now both have been moved to august. i must cancel and I will send an email today for a refund of all deposits i have. thanks cade
The whole emailing back and forth makes me want to just go back to a time when everyone used phones to talk to people...
Old 17th June 2018
wanted to share a positive experience with Stam - I ordered an SA4000 a few years ago, and while it took a little while, it was a price that I could afford, and it had the quality components I was looking for. It's on my mix buss every day, and I love the sound. Not a single problem since I received it two years ago. I understand the long delay at the cost of pricing - shipping 20 units a day must rough. If you want your SSL G compressor in 48 hours, it's easy to order one from sweetwater for $4,500. I don't have that kind of money, y'all
Old 19th June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by limbs View Post
If you want your SSL G compressor in 48 hours, it's easy to order one from sweetwater for $4,500.
Exactly.
Old 20th June 2018
Here for the gear

This is for the Stam cheerleaders.

Most people already know there’s a wait and that’s not the problem. The biggest problem is the run around you get from them. I bought an SA4000 and that went ok, and I gave a good review and went as far as saying people are wining a bit and they’re getting it together. When I ordered an Sa76 “in stock,” that was a different story. People are pissed about the poor costumer service in which I received, and they’re advertising things in stock when they’re not. I was told the SA76 is out of stock and discontinued by josh himself, because I ordered one and after many weeks of sent emails, I was told I was out of luck and if you go on their website it still shows it’s in stock. After you order, nothing happens and when you finally get a hold of somebody, they tell you it’s out of stock and they try to push something else on you since you already went though the trouble of placing an order. It’s very easy to update a webpage. The other thing is, the dude responds quicker to complaints here then he does in his own email, I don’t get that.
Old 20th June 2018
Gear Head
Quote:
Sent an email the same day you asked, and I still have not received a reply. My SA4000+ is paid in full since April, and I would just like to know what the shipping status is... surely that can’t be too difficult to determine and provide, right?
Old 20th June 2018
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by CowSkullStudio View Post

Most people already know there’s a wait and that’s not the problem. The biggest problem is the run around you get from them. I bought an SA4000 and that went ok, and I gave a good review and went as far as saying people are wining a bit and they’re getting it together. When I ordered an Sa76 “in stock,” that was a different story. People are pissed about the poor costumer service in which I received, and they’re advertising things in stock when they’re not. I was told the SA76 is out of stock and discontinued by josh himself, because I ordered one and after many weeks of sent emails, I was told I was out of luck and if you go on their website it still shows it’s in stock. After you order, nothing happens and when you finally get a hold of somebody, they tell you it’s out of stock and they try to push something else on you since you already went though the trouble of placing an order. It’s very easy to update a webpage. The other thing is, the dude responds quicker to complaints here then he does in his own email, I don’t get that.
Hi CowSkullStudio,

Your generalisation is incorrect. Obviously, the very large majority of our clients get exactly what they have preordered in the first place.

Regarding your situation, I can only express my deepest apologies about the SA-76 going out of stock issue and take full responsibility. Like I said, it seems Joshua has recognized the fault and since the product you preordered went out of stock, only three solutions remain: You can get a full refund, change the preorder to another product or get a SA-76ADG for an even lower price. Please email me at [email protected] if you're interested. Thanks

Again, my sincere apologies for this gravely frustrating situation.
Old 20th June 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by lest View Post
Sent an email the same day you asked, and I still have not received a reply. My SA4000+ is paid in full since April, and I would just like to know what the shipping status is... surely that can’t be too difficult to determine and provide, right?
Could you please re send it?
Not finding it
Thanks
Old 20th June 2018
Gear Head
Quote:
Could you please re send it?
Not finding it
Thanks
Ok, sent again... both to [email protected] and [email protected]

let me know if you don't receive it...
Ordered in Nov 2017, btw... promised delivery in March 2018.
Old 20th June 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:

The dude has a name, it's Josh

The SA76 was removed from the website when stock was finished so your claim is untrue.

Of course it is easier to check this than the 700 emails on my inbox daily

I believe we offered you a great deal as an apology free of labor charge or that is what I asked Miguel to offer you.
Old 21st June 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
The dude has a name, it's Josh

The SA76 was removed from the website when stock was finished so your claim is untrue.

Of course it is easier to check this than the 700 emails on my inbox daily

I believe we offered you a great deal as an apology free of labor charge or that is what I asked Miguel to offer you.
I know your name.

I'm looking at your website stamaudio.com right now and i can clearly see SA76 is still there and it says it still in stock and it gives me the option to buy one, so i know what you're talking about.

Just for the record, i'm not trying to bad mouth stam audio. I'm just sharing my experience and that's what this is for. My last post was basically a reply to the 2 posts right before mine. I just wanna say that, I was issued a refund and you owe me nothing. I have talked about your offer in previous posts but I just wan't sure about it and you didn't have a SA2A which is what i counter offered and i offered to pay the full difference, I wan't looking for any discounts or anything even after the issues.

On a second note I'd like to say that I'm actually a strong supporter of your product and I really enjoy my SA4000 and I actually managed to find a SA76 on ebay and i Love it. I hope to get my hands on a SA2A in future. I really wish you can work out the problems.

Oi Miguel,
obrigado pela resposta, mais eu nao preciso entra em contato com voce mais porque eu ja recebi o meu dinheiro devolta. Muito obrigado!
Old 21st June 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelbatalha View Post
Hi CowSkullStudio,

Your generalisation is incorrect. Obviously, the very large majority of our clients get exactly what they have preordered in the first place.

Regarding your situation, I can only express my deepest apologies about the SA-76 going out of stock issue and take full responsibility. Like I said, it seems Joshua has recognized the fault and since the product you preordered went out of stock, only three solutions remain: You can get a full refund, change the preorder to another product or get a SA-76ADG for an even lower price. Please email me at [email protected] if you're interested. Thanks

by the way my issue was the fact that I didn't preoder, I paid in full for a "in stock" item according to your website, and weeks after that i was told it was out of stock. Obrigado!
Old 21st June 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
I know your name.

I'm looking at your website stamaudio.com right now and i can clearly see SA76 is still there and it says it still in stock and it gives me the option to buy one, so i know what you're talking about.

Just for the record, i'm not trying to bad mouth stam audio. I'm just sharing my experience and that's what this is for. My last post was basically a reply to the 2 posts right before mine. I just wanna say that, I was issued a refund and you owe me nothing. I have talked about your offer in previous posts but I just wan't sure about it and you didn't have a SA2A which is what i counter offered and i offered to pay the full difference, I wan't looking for any discounts or anything even after the issues.

On a second note I'd like to say that I'm actually a strong supporter of your product and I really enjoy my SA4000 and I actually managed to find a SA76 on ebay and i Love it. I hope to get my hands on a SA2A in future. I really wish you can work out the problems.

Oi Miguel,
obrigado pela resposta, mais eu nao preciso entra em contato com voce mais porque eu ja recebi o meu dinheiro devolta. Muito obrigado!
Understood
However, the SA76 is not in stock on the website
I am wondering where you are seeing that
Please post the link
Thanks!
Old 21st June 2018
Here for the gear

I know 2 people who had/are having this exact same problem, so it’s not a unique experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelbatalha View Post
Hi CowSkullStudio,

Old 21st June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Understood
Please post the link
Thanks!
Stam Audio

The link is removed from your main company page, yes. But people bookmark old pages.

Screenshot taken just a minute ago:

Stam Audio Gear-sa76_instock.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Stam Audio Gear-sa76_instock.jpg  
Old 21st June 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monzo View Post
I know 2 people who had/are having this exact same problem, so it’s not a unique experience.

2? I know about 500!

We are adapting, these things will be forgotten soon
Old 22nd June 2018
Here for the gear

Quote:
Understood
Please post the link
Thanks!
Stam Audio

I'm a little late but here it is.
Old 26th June 2018
Gear Head
Quote:
Joshua,

I sent another email yesterday requesting shipping status since you indicated you might be able to ship my SA4000+ on Friday, June 22.

Any updates?
Old 29th June 2018
Lives for gear

5 weeks after receiving and paying the invoice in full on a SA67 no one can tell me if this mic has been built, let alone shipped. I have zero problem with Stam missing completion schedules by 6 or 9 or 12 months as besides well built, affordable gear, not making self imposed deadlines seems to be their super power, but once you take full payment, and unless otherwise understood, the product should be in a box and ready for a shipping label.
Old 29th June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by swafford View Post
5 weeks after receiving and paying the invoice in full on a SA67 no one can tell me if this mic has been built, let alone shipped. I have zero problem with Stam missing completion schedules by 6 or 9 or 12 months as besides well built, affordable gear, not making self imposed deadlines seems to be their super power, but once you take full payment, and unless otherwise understood, the product should be in a box and ready for a shipping label.
My buddy is in the same boat. Was told weeks ago his mic was ready, paid in full, then nothing.

Last week he finally got a response that this week would be the earliest. Not sure if that means shipped or built.

Can’t help but wonder if they (Stam) sometimes just need in influx of money to stay afloat and so send out final invoices to folks when really their orders aren’t done. Speculation on my part of course. But what’s another explanation for billing the full amount when the order is still weeks or months away from being ready?

They operate on razor thin margins so I’m sure the finances can get precarious. Still, come on guys, be upfront. People know about the long delays and dodgy communication. I wouldn’t suggest adding to that the feeling of being deceived.

Last edited by Ragan; 29th June 2018 at 04:56 PM..
Old 29th June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragan View Post
My buddy is in the same boat. Was told weeks ago his mic was ready, paid in full, then nothing.

Last week he heard that this week would be the earliest. Not sure if that means shipped or built.

Can’t help but wonder if they (Stam) sometimes just need in influx of money to stay afloat and so send out final invoices to folks when really their orders aren’t done. Speculation on my part of course. But what’s another explanation for billing the full amount when the order is still weeks or months away from being ready?

They operate on razor thin margins so I’m sure the finances can get precarious.
Having worked in customer service for years and running my own business(es) that are customer driven and operate on thin margins, it's always best to get out ahead of a potential problem, take whatever sh!t is coming your way and mold expectations, rather then let people flounder and create their own narratives (I've got a few of my own, and they aren't to flattering.)
Old 29th June 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by swafford View Post
Having worked in customer service for years and running my own business(es) that are customer driven and operate on thin margins, it's always best to get out ahead of a potential problem, take whatever sh!t is coming your way and mold expectations, rather then let people flounder and create their own narratives (I've got a few of my own, and they aren't to flattering.)
This is exactly right.
Old 29th June 2018
Lives for gear

They should have a product updates page on their website, and religiously update it every Monday, with the latest information on the timelines of every single product.
Everyone would win. Customers would be happy, because they know what’s going on with their order, and Stam wouldn’t receive 500 messages a day from customers asking where their order is, which must be a freaking nightmare and terrible drain on resources/time currently.

Come on, Stam! Help yourselves!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search