The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Stam Audio Gear Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Why does he have problems getting his stuff made in China when others do not?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumbari View Post
Some of the items i believe are partially made in China and thenfinished off in Chile. So some of the time frames are a little out of there control on some of there products. And no i have not bothered to ask which products have a Chinese element to them.
That's news to me, if true. As far as I know, everything that I have has been made in Chile. Sure, some components come from china, but so do most electronic parts these days.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoepedals View Post
That's news to me, if true. As far as I know, everything that I have has been made in Chile. Sure, some components come from china, but so do most electronic parts these days.
The rack gear, except for the ADG, is partially built in China. Finishing stuff like knobs, calibration and whatnot is in Chile. Joshua has confirmed.

He can't have the ADG built overseas because then that circuit will go out the door under a dozen different names. He's said that they build all the mics there in Chile.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragan View Post
The rack gear, except for the ADG, is partially built in China. Finishing stuff like knobs, calibration and whatnot is in Chile. Joshua has confirmed.

He can't have the ADG built overseas because then that circuit will go out the door under a dozen different names. He's said that they build all the mics there in Chile.
Hmm...well that's the first I've heard of this. Do you have a link to a post where this is discussed?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hmm...well that's the first I've heard of this. Do you have a link to a post where this is discussed?
I can't keep the threads straight. I kind of think it's been discussed in this thread but there are so many like this it could be elsewhere. I know of one place it was brought up but GS doesn't allow links to that forum (RGO) since apparently we're in first grade or something.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by StamAudio View Post
It is only for clients that have been waiting for a long time.
Curious as to how Stam Audio defines "long time"?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
I can't keep the threads straight. I kind of think it's been discussed in this thread but there are so many like this it could be elsewhere. I know of one place it was brought up but GS doesn't allow links to that forum (RGO) since apparently we're in first grade or something.
This directly contradicts what I was told by their customer service this morning.

"Stamaudio is a small company that supplies its products worldwide.
Having said this these products are all handmade, one by one by our
engineers...there is no big factory out there helping us and that"

I'm a bit skeptical that there's some chinese manufacturing going on here as well based on the fact that that would generally be done in SMD these days and stam products are all through hole and appear to be hand-soldered based on the look of things. I dunno how much they'd really gain by doing through hole in china vs chile.

The one exception I can think of was the gain switch assembly on the older SA73 that used smd resistors on a board (a pretty smart design, imo). The 1073MPA doesn't do that.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
This directly contradicts what I was told by their customer service this morning.

"Stamaudio is a small company that supplies its products worldwide.
Having said this these products are all handmade, one by one by our
engineers...there is no big factory out there helping us and that"

I'm a bit skeptical that there's some chinese manufacturing going on here as well based on the fact that that would generally be done in SMD these days and stam products are all through hole and appear to be hand-soldered based on the look of things. I dunno how much they'd really gain by doing through hole in china vs chile.

The one exception I can think of was the gain switch assembly on the older SA73 that used smd resistors on a board (a pretty smart design, imo). The 1073MPA doesn't do that.
Joshua on RGO a couple weeks ago:

"The ADG's are made in Chile, mics as well
Some units are partially made in China and the other half here
Some pieces are made entirely here
We can not share these schematics with the Chinese, these have a proprietary designs to make them work 2 in 1 or 3 in 1."

He's elaborated a little further here on GS but I don't remember which of the dozens of Stam threads it was in. Possibly this one.

But you're kind of conflating SMD with "Made in China". Lots of through hole stuff is made (by hand) in China. Warm Audio products, for example, are made in China but use discrete, through hole components. They're soldered up by human beings, those human beings are just in China. Companies like Stam and Warm will ship the components (like the Cinemag/Altran/Sowter iron or the Kenetek T4b cells) to a factory in China and have them assembled there. It's still much cheaper, especially since a lot of the stuff is in fact Chinese (metalwork, paint jobs, knobs, meters, some jacks, etc).
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Joshua on RGO a couple weeks ago:

"The ADG's are made in Chile, mics as well
Some units are partially made in China and the other half here
Some pieces are made entirely here
We can not share these schematics with the Chinese, these have a proprietary designs to make them work 2 in 1 or 3 in 1."

He's elaborated a little further here on GS but I don't remember which of the dozens of Stam threads it was in. Possibly this one.

But you're kind of conflating SMD with "Made in China". Lots of through hole stuff is made (by hand) in China. Warm Audio products, for example, are made in China but use discrete, through hole components. They're soldered up by human beings, those human beings are just in China. Companies like Stam and Warm will ship the components (like the Cinemag/Altran/Sowter iron or the Kenetek T4b cells) to a factory in China and have them assembled there. It's still much cheaper, especially since a lot of the stuff is in fact Chinese (metalwork, paint jobs, knobs, meters, some jacks, etc).
Hmm. My email was about the 1073EQ and Pultec clone. If those are being partly made in china and what you are saying is true, the response I got is not true. That would be very disappointing.

You're right that I am overassuming that parts from china would be populated by SMD and good point about Warm. I dunno how different labor would be in chile vs china, but maybe?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hmm. My email was about the 1073EQ and Pultec clone. If those are being partly made in china and what you are saying is true, the response I got is not true. That would be very disappointing.

You're right that I am overassuming that parts from china would be populated by SMD and good point about Warm. I dunno how different labor would be in chile vs china, but maybe?
Yeah I don't have any specific knowledge as to which portions of which pieces are assembled in China and which portions are done in Chile. Nor do I know much of anything about labor cost in Chile. Another factor that might come into play though is that in China you have established factories full of workers who do this stuff quickly and cheaply. It's plug and play. You'd have to start from scratch if you wanted to train up and equip your own staff in another locale.

But I don't know what the exact specifics are. Just going off of what Joshua has said publicly. Maybe the two pieces you inquired about are in fact totally assembled in Chile.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

Yeah I don't have any specific knowledge as to which portions of which pieces are assembled in China and which portions are done in Chile. Nor do I know much of anything about labor cost in Chile. Another factor that might come into play though is that in China you have established factories full of workers who do this stuff quickly and cheaply. It's plug and play. You'd have to start from scratch if you wanted to train up and equip your own staff in another locale.

But I don't know what the exact specifics are. Just going off of what Joshua has said publicly. Maybe the two pieces you inquired about are in fact totally assembled in Chile.
Old 1 week ago
Company Rep
1073EQ, 1073MP and Pultec are made in Chile
All mics are made in Chile
Anything with tubes and transformers is made in Chile

Hence we take so long and offer superior sounding machines.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuanaconda View Post
1073EQ, 1073MP and Pultec are made in Chile

Thanks for the clarification, Josh.

That makes sense.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:

Like nearly 18 months?

From another board "I pre-ordered on Black Friday 2017, still waiting..."

Won't post the link as GS will delete it.
Old 1 week ago
Company Rep

mark from Stam Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Allison View Post
Why does he have problems getting his stuff made in China when others do not?

We pride ourselves with building our own gear which is essential for reaching top quality.
Old 1 week ago
Company Rep

mark from Stam Audio

Quote:

We source the best components from the best suppliers and they come from different parts of the world so our products are a melting pot actually
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
The entirety of our items are built in Chile.

There are some (non essential) components which are imported from China but we have a factory in Vina del Mar (Chile) where all our engineers work together and build all of our Stam gear.

We source the best components from the best suppliers and they come from different parts of the world so our products are a melting pot actually
K. I don’t care one way or the other, I was just quoting Josh from like two weeks ago.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
we have a factory in Vina del Mar (Chile) where all our engineers work together and build all of our Stam gear.
You should post a picture of that. How about you use the phone in your hand and do it right now. No time like the present.
Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
You should post a picture of that. How about you use the phone in your hand and do it right now. No time like the present.
After a decade of lurking, I finally joined GS, just to encourage this post. How about it, Josh? I think your customers would have a lot more confidence in your company (and perhaps do more pre-ordering and less refund-requesting) if we could get some more honesty and transparency. Seems like a lot of us have gotten conflicting information over the months (and years), corresponding with Stam customer support about all kinds of things (from product delays, to the operations of the business). Speaking of which, how's that new website coming? Pretty weird how many of us customers still depend on the Gearslutz forum to gather clues about the status of our orders.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Each one with an 'engineer' working hard 'engineering' your compressor.
Old 5 days ago
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniff View Post
Like nearly 18 months?

From another board "I pre-ordered on Black Friday 2017, still waiting..."

Won't post the link as GS will delete it.
Sometimes even more

When you are a small team with thousands of orders from all over the world this can happen

Fortunately we have found a solution while still making them in house which will get rid of any delays this year

I find it always astonishing how long people would wait for our units, it's a huge compliment and also a reminder that things have to improve with turn around times
Old 5 days ago
Company Rep
Quote:
Considering I am in the UK (on a plane) that would be quite difficult right now.

I could ask Teo or Marcos or one of the 22 engineers that work at Stam Audio to do so tomorrow ....

If we have time we will, if not, I guess we just made them out of thin air and we are just liars and there is no Stam Audio factory I suppose?
Old 5 days ago
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpigeon View Post
After a decade of lurking, I finally joined GS, just to encourage this post. How about it, Josh? I think your customers would have a lot more confidence in your company (and perhaps do more pre-ordering and less refund-requesting) if we could get some more honesty and transparency. Seems like a lot of us have gotten conflicting information over the months (and years), corresponding with Stam customer support about all kinds of things (from product delays, to the operations of the business). Speaking of which, how's that new website coming? Pretty weird how many of us customers still depend on the Gearslutz forum to gather clues about the status of our orders.
New website is 99% ready

One of our clients here on GS did a magnificent job designing the new one and many changes will be implemented to offer you a better customer experience

I can't say when it will be online, we still have to take some pictures (of the office as well) and other details but it will be very soon
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Fortunately we have found a solution while still making them in house which will get rid of any delays this year
Old 5 days ago
Company Rep
Quote:
Old 5 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelbatalha View Post
Posting this here, in case someone didn't receive any of our email/facebook updates:

"We would sincerely like to apologize to everybody for our constant and sometimes too long delays, I promise you we are working as hard as we can, hiring new people, training them and doing everything in our power to get your units out as soon as possible. Things got out of hand and orders multiply too fast for us to keep up with them.

Right now we are shipping the following products:

SA2A, SA3A, SA47 FET, SA47, 1073MPA and SA67 (first batch). If you have reserved these products then you will get them this month, we are shipping them daily and catching up with the list.

The SA76ADG starts shipping in September

The Pultec replica, SA4000MK2, 312MP, Fairchild and 1073EQ as well as the SA87 and SA67 (second batch) starts shipping in October.

We will have every product in stock by November and end the pre/order system and their discounts.

Thank you again for supporting us and being patient with me and the team, I know we have a very long way to go to provide first class service and a better buyer experience but we are learning and getting there.

My warmest regards,
Joshua"
What happened to this? Specifically getting everything in stock by November.

Last edited by PinHead12; 5 days ago at 11:08 PM.. Reason: Clarification
Old 5 days ago
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinHead12 View Post
What happened to this? Specifically getting everything in stock by November.
It worked out like a charm!

Work in progress my friend
Old 4 days ago
Gear Addict

Are you still planning to end the preorder system? It seems like that is not happening, yet.
Old 1 day ago
Gear Head

is Stam shipping to Europe from a dealer?
Old 1 day ago
Quote:
New website is 99% ready

One of our clients here on GS did a magnificent job designing the new one and many changes will be implemented to offer you a better customer experience

I can't say when it will be online, we still have to take some pictures (of the office as well) and other details but it will be very soon
That reminds me of the fact that a year or so ago you asked for people to get in touch if they were qualified and willing to help with the new website, especially in the text department. I mailed you, offered to help and gave a brief overview of my qualifications in that area - and never got an answer. Not that I'm mad or sad. It just fits the picture.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search