The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Stam Audio Gear Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 13th January 2019
Everytime I drop in here I see loads of SA-4000's for sale at the bottom. Seems those are quite available now.
Old 14th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchlomo View Post
Everytime I drop in here I see loads of SA-4000's for sale at the bottom. Seems those are quite available now.
People unloading the MKI's in anticipation of the MKII's I guess.
Old 14th January 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragan View Post
People unloading the MKI's in anticipation of the MKII's I guess.
Maybe. Demand doesn't seem too high, though. Only reason to get a used MK1 for about the same price as a new (and much improved) MK2 would be the lack of uncertain waiting times for the latter.
Old 14th January 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelbatalha View Post
Posting this here, in case someone didn't receive any of our email/facebook updates:

"We would sincerely like to apologize to everybody for our constant and sometimes too long delays, I promise you we are working as hard as we can, hiring new people, training them and doing everything in our power to get your units out as soon as possible. Things got out of hand and orders multiply too fast for us to keep up with them.

Right now we are shipping the following products:

SA2A, SA3A, SA47 FET, SA47, 1073MPA and SA67 (first batch). If you have reserved these products then you will get them this month, we are shipping them daily and catching up with the list.

The SA76ADG starts shipping in September

The Pultec replica, SA4000MK2, 312MP, Fairchild and 1073EQ as well as the SA87 and SA67 (second batch) starts shipping in October.

We will have every product in stock by November and end the pre/order system and their discounts.

Thank you again for supporting us and being patient with me and the team, I know we have a very long way to go to provide first class service and a better buyer experience but we are learning and getting there.

My warmest regards,
Joshua"
What happened to everything being in stock by November?
Old 14th January 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by e-are View Post
SA3A...in stock...really?
Josh you told me that in November. Thats the only reason I purchased one and it's the middle of January and still haven't received it or a tracking number. You haven't responded to my emails lately so Paypal has been contacted. Was really looking forward to a SA3A but not anymore.
Hello,
I am sorry to hear you had this situation, the SA3A has been in stock for some months now
I would like to look into it so we can sort this out for you
Could you kindly PM me your email address ?
My apologies
Joshua
Old 15th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuanaconda View Post
Hello,
I am sorry to hear you had this situation, the SA3A has been in stock for some months now
My apologies
Joshua
No thanks. No one at Stam has responded to my emails in a while. I’m going through PayPal to get a refund.
Old 15th January 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
No thanks. No one at Stam has responded to my emails in a while. I’m going through PayPal to get a refund.
It would have been much faster to send me your email so I could process that refund but up to you
Old 16th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
It would have been much faster to send me your email so I could process that refund but up to you
PM'd you...emailed several times...
Haven't heard anything from you....
Old 16th January 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
PM'd you...emailed several times...
Haven't heard anything from you....
just replied
my email is [email protected] by the way
Old 17th January 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
just replied
my email is [email protected] by the way
Hello, I have also been trying to reach you. I sent an email to the above about 10 minutes ago. I would really appreciate some communication.

Thanks. Max
Old 17th January 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionMaxVA View Post
Hello, I have also been trying to reach you. I sent an email to the above about 10 minutes ago. I would really appreciate some communication.

Thanks. Max
Hey!

PM me your email please

Thanks!
Old 17th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hello,
My apologies
Joshua
In all fairness, there was a mix up. Stam's email went to my spam folder. They tried to send me the unit 2 weeks ago.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict
Hey there Stam. I bought a mic from Stam Audio on ebay in Dec 2018.
Ebay says it has not been sent yet. It has ben fullly paid for. I have sent you a message via ebay last week but still have no response.
So i am resorting to using this method here as it seems you regularly have appeared here.
Can you get on to who ever is in charge of your ebay department and send out the mic please.
Its a pretty simple process so i am not sure what went wrong. If you check your outstanding sold orders on ebay it will be very clear which order is mine.
Thanks
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumbari View Post
Hey there Stam. I bought a mic from Stam Audio on ebay in Dec 2018.
Ebay says it has not been sent yet. It has ben fullly paid for. I have sent you a message via ebay last week but still have no response.
So i am resorting to using this method here as it seems you regularly have appeared here.
Can you get on to who ever is in charge of your ebay department and send out the mic please.
Its a pretty simple process so i am not sure what went wrong. If you check your outstanding sold orders on ebay it will be very clear which order is mine.
Thanks
Could you please PM your paypal email address?

I will sort this out ASAP for you

Thanks for reaching out
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottloveaustin View Post
I have to agree with sardi. You get what you pay for.

Swafford- these guys stole $200.00 from me... I think that’s worth spreading the word about.

I dig good prices, but customer service is just as important.

I guess I’ll need to search more. Buyer beware tho fellow peeps.
Scott, may I ask if you ever received your refund from Stam from 2017? If you did you should let the community know, it’s also helpful for Stam audio to let us know they are trying to rectify any oversight. Thanks bro!
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict
Hello Stam again. I purchased a product from you in December from Ebay. Ebay details show that it was never sent to me and there was no tracking number. I started the ebay process towards the end of January of "i did not receive my item" and as a result ebay held the funds (outisde my control) until you sent the item out upon which you choose not to do.
I am sorry that this seemingly easy purchase through a reputable platform such as Ebay failed. Ebay decided to refund the purchase shame as a i wanted the product.
I think you should look again at your processes and make some more changes.
From reading the last couple of pages on this thread it seems people are interested in hearing the final outcome of situations.
So i have posted this info to provide a summary update of what transpired.

As a result i have purchased another product today to meet my needs, but i am happy to try again and buy something else from you if the need arises again. Hopefully that will be a more positive experience.
Thanks
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumbari View Post
Hello Stam again. I purchased a product from you in December from Ebay. Ebay details show that it was never sent to me and there was no tracking number. I started the ebay process towards the end of January of "i did not receive my item" and as a result ebay held the funds (outisde my control) until you sent the item out upon which you choose not to do.
I am sorry that this seemingly easy purchase through a reputable platform such as Ebay failed. Ebay decided to refund the purchase shame as a i wanted the product.
I think you should look again at your processes and make some more changes.
From reading the last couple of pages on this thread it seems people are interested in hearing the final outcome of situations.
So i have posted this info to provide a summary update of what transpired.

As a result i have purchased another product today to meet my needs, but i am happy to try again and buy something else from you if the need arises again. Hopefully that will be a more positive experience.
Thanks
Sorry to hear about this

Yes, I am happy to help fix the situation and give you a good discount as compensation

Josh
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

I tried ordering a product from Stam Audio, and here's my takeaway: make sure you follow-up, follow-up, and follow-up every chance you get. Here's what happened to me...

I ordered an SA-2A compressor in October of 2018. I sent the $200 deposit for pre-order, and was surprised to see how quickly I got the invoice for the remaining $800. According to Stam Audio's own web site, they send you the invoice when the unit is ready to ship...naturally, I thought this request for the remainder meant my unit would ship soon.

I remained patient, as everyone seems to indicate purchasing from Stam requires. After about a month, I emailed to see if they had any updates on the SA-2A production. I was told by Camila that she had me on the list and would let me know when my unit shipped. Oddly, she said she would send me the remainder invoice -- apparently she didn't know that I had already paid the entire bill. This should have been my first red flag.

I waited another 4-6 weeks, and on January 15th I emailed Camila and the Info email address asking for an update on my SA-2A order. I got no response.

Two weeks later, on January 27th, I followed-up again asking for a response. I got nothing.

Finally, I emailed the [email protected] email address -- which I RECOMMEND TO ANYONE FOLLOWING UP ON THEIR ORDERS! Miraculously, I got a response within hours saying Camila would get in touch with me on Monday.

Monday came, and I finally got a response from Camila. I'm not sure why she didn't respond to me weeks or months earlier, but apparently they had my money and wasn't concerned about much else. Camila explained to me that she had incorrectly put me down for ordering an SA-3A, even though all of my emails and documentation shows the SA-2A is what I ordered. To make matters worse, the SA-2A is now discontinued. Camila offered to either send me an SA-3A (which I didn't order or want), or to send me an SA-23A when they are built -- there was no timeline as to when they would have it ready. She said the same thing she said to me before: "I'll put you first on the mailing list for the SA-23A". I've heard that before.

I eventually said to just give me a refund. I was so frustrated with this process and lack of consideration that I don't want anything to do with Stam Audio anymore. I sent them $1,000 and waited over 4 months. In those four months Stam Audio and Camila did nothing to respond to my emails. I copied the [email protected] email address on EVERY EMAIL. It wasn't just Camila who ignored me.

Here's what I don't understand...if they truly thought I ordered an SA-3A, why didn't they try and send me one weeks or months ago? It's peculiar that Camila's offer meant she had SA-3As on hand -- if that is what they thought I ordered, why didn't they ship it to me weeks ago? It seems to me that Stam Audio had NO RECORD of my order at all, or else they would have AT LEAST sent me the wrong item. Nope.

I won't waste my time or money on these jerks again. I'd say find an audio company that at least knows you ordered from them.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexbobetti View Post
I tried ordering a product from Stam Audio, and here's my takeaway: make sure you follow-up, follow-up, and follow-up every chance you get. Here's what happened to me...

I ordered an SA-2A compressor in October of 2018. I sent the $200 deposit for pre-order, and was surprised to see how quickly I got the invoice for the remaining $800. According to Stam Audio's own web site, they send you the invoice when the unit is ready to ship...naturally, I thought this request for the remainder meant my unit would ship soon.

I remained patient, as everyone seems to indicate purchasing from Stam requires. After about a month, I emailed to see if they had any updates on the SA-2A production. I was told by Camila that she had me on the list and would let me know when my unit shipped. Oddly, she said she would send me the remainder invoice -- apparently she didn't know that I had already paid the entire bill. This should have been my first red flag.

I waited another 4-6 weeks, and on January 15th I emailed Camila and the Info email address asking for an update on my SA-2A order. I got no response.

Two weeks later, on January 27th, I followed-up again asking for a response. I got nothing.

Finally, I emailed the [email protected] email address -- which I RECOMMEND TO ANYONE FOLLOWING UP ON THEIR ORDERS! Miraculously, I got a response within hours saying Camila would get in touch with me on Monday.

Monday came, and I finally got a response from Camila. I'm not sure why she didn't respond to me weeks or months earlier, but apparently they had my money and wasn't concerned about much else. Camila explained to me that she had incorrectly put me down for ordering an SA-3A, even though all of my emails and documentation shows the SA-2A is what I ordered. To make matters worse, the SA-2A is now discontinued. Camila offered to either send me an SA-3A (which I didn't order or want), or to send me an SA-23A when they are built -- there was no timeline as to when they would have it ready. She said the same thing she said to me before: "I'll put you first on the mailing list for the SA-23A". I've heard that before.

I eventually said to just give me a refund. I was so frustrated with this process and lack of consideration that I don't want anything to do with Stam Audio anymore. I sent them $1,000 and waited over 4 months. In those four months Stam Audio and Camila did nothing to respond to my emails. I copied the [email protected] email address on EVERY EMAIL. It wasn't just Camila who ignored me.

Here's what I don't understand...if they truly thought I ordered an SA-3A, why didn't they try and send me one weeks or months ago? It's peculiar that Camila's offer meant she had SA-3As on hand -- if that is what they thought I ordered, why didn't they ship it to me weeks ago? It seems to me that Stam Audio had NO RECORD of my order at all, or else they would have AT LEAST sent me the wrong item. Nope.

I won't waste my time or money on these jerks again. I'd say find an audio company that at least knows you ordered from them.

We are sorry for your bad experience

As explained to you via email we did have your order and unit ready for you, you asked us to send it, we packed it up and it was ready to leave when you decided to have a refund instead which we proceeded with. After that you changed your mind again and decided you did want the unit which we gave to another customer that was waiting.

We offered you a 50% off and replace it with an SA23A at no extra cost as soon as we have one ready, you declined and told us you did not want anything and would rather leave bad reviews everywhere. Fair enough, I would be frustrated if I were you as well.

I know it must be hard to understand why sometimes this can happen but it is because of us being overwhelmed with thousand of orders and we are adapting to keep better track of them all, sometimes one can slip our system and this situation can happen. However, we did have your unit ready for you and it was your decision to have a refund. Us not answering is simply due to the amount of emails we get daily which we are working on improving, we now have 5 people answering them instead of just 1 six months ago and will be up to date with all emails in the next month, we had to clear over 5.000 emails

I hope you can find a company that suits your needs and hopefully next time you will have a better experience!
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Like I said, those getting refunds should do it through PayPal. If this guy's business practices continue to be shady, PayPal will also take action.

<mod snip-thread tidy>
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Good question. So because of that, I just emailed you (at the exact gmail address you tell everyone to use) and asked for a refund. If don't refund it, I'll do it via PayPal.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Allison View Post
Good question. So because of that, I just emailed you (at the exact gmail address you tell everyone to use) and asked for a refund. If don't refund it, I'll do it via PayPal.
My pleasure

Refunded

All the best!
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Your "business model" is remarkably similar to a Ponzi scheme.
It is similar to Kickstarter but without most of the middle men.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 View Post
It is similar to Kickstarter but without most of the middle men.
Their website lists 20 different products; which one of those can be bought right now, and shipped immediately? Which one of those was delivered to the customers when they were told it would be delivered?
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Their website lists 20 different products; which one of those can be bought right now, and shipped immediately? Which one of those was delivered to the customers when they were told it would be delivered?
Many of them are in stock and many have.
Old 2 weeks ago
I have a lot of sympathy for what you do, even if many things don't go smooth due to you being such a small company and the demand being so high. But what I still don't understand is why so many new products are announced and listed regularly when the orders on older units are still way behind schedule.
I mean, on your website the SA-2A still shows up as the first pic although it's discontinued. There are so many new products listed in a mess (SSL EQ links to the 609 which has no photo as well as the SA-23+). Why not try to meet the schedule of existing products first and then introduce new products?
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchlomo View Post
I have a lot of sympathy for what you do, even if many things don't go smooth due to you being such a small company and the demand being so high. But what I still don't understand is why so many new products are announced and listed regularly when the orders on older units are still way behind schedule.
I mean, on your website the SA-2A still shows up as the first pic although it's discontinued. There are so many new products listed in a mess (SSL EQ links to the 609 which has no photo as well as the SA-23+). Why not try to meet the schedule of existing products first and then introduce new products?
Thank you sir

Yes, we need to launch the new website, we have been working on it for months. This will allow us to update it daily. We basically had to professionalize the entire company, we did things in a very artisan way, from building units to customer service and everything in between. Becoming a medium size company (in Chile) is a challenging task.

With regards to the new products, they do not affect the schedule of existing products nor take our time or attention away from them. Some parts take 4 months to reach us in Chile so we build existing ones while waiting on parts for new ones

Josh
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thank you sir

Yes, we need to launch the new website, we have been working on it for months. This will allow us to update it daily. We basically had to professionalize the entire company, we did things in a very artisan way, from building units to customer service and everything in between. Becoming a medium size company (in Chile) is a challenging task.

With regards to the new products, they do not affect the schedule of existing products nor take our time or attention away from them. Some parts take 4 months to reach us in Chile so we build existing ones while waiting on parts for new ones

Josh
So this means the 1073EQ is on schedule and will be shipping this month?
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm2c View Post
So this means the 1073EQ is on schedule and will be shipping this month?
It is
We have everything here and started making them yesterday

ADG and 1073EQ go out this month with SA67 and SA87 as well and 1073MP which is shipping. SA3A as well in stock and SA47FET

Next month we ship all the Pultec's and start shipping the Fairchild's!
Old 2 weeks ago
SA-4000

What about the Sa-4000 mkii?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search