The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Moaning about the Lawn
Old 26th August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkr View Post
You guys can really moan! You should try living in sunny western Norway on a 1/2 acre steeply sloping property. The height difference from the lowest to the highest point is around 50 feet. Thank God, only half of it is lawn, but I have to mow it once a week in the "summer".
So you go sideways or up and down? Honestly, lawnmowing was my favorite job earlier in life. Had my Sports Walkman on (went through several of those), just mow and wave to people driving by.

But steep hills, depended on my mood if I wanted to go up and down or side to side.
Old 26th August 2019
Gear Addict
Darn tooting. You made Canadian "northern" cities, look plumb south.
I live on the 43rd latitude in Canada.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkr View Post
You guys can really moan! You should try living in sunny western Norway on a 1/2 acre steeply sloping property. The height difference from the lowest to the highest point is around 50 feet. Thank God, only half of it is lawn, but I have to mow it once a week in the "summer".
Old 26th August 2019
tkr
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM View Post
So you go sideways or up and down? Honestly, lawnmowing was my favorite job earlier in life. Had my Sports Walkman on (went through several of those), just mow and wave to people driving by.

But steep hills, depended on my mood if I wanted to go up and down or side to side.
Sideways, starting at the top.

Usually a 2-hour job. My knees aren´t what they used to be, so I try to split it into 2 rounds of work, starting below the house and taking the part above the house the next day.

If no rain is forecast, that is.

Fat chance. Mostly it is a question of finding a window of opportunity between two rainy days, and do it all in one single day.
Old 26th August 2019
tkr
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAF Vu Master View Post
Darn tooting. You made Canadian "northern" cities, look plumb south.
I live on the 43rd latitude in Canada.
Yeah, to me that looks plumb south. Bergen is on the 60th latitude.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search