The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Moaning about the Lawn Reverb/Delay Processors (HW)
Old 22nd September 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12tone View Post
You sir are one of the good ones.

Let's hope it doesn't fall under the category of "no good deed goes unpunished".

Carrying out random acts of kindness is what we should all strive for and aspire towards. Thanks for the reminder.
Thank you.
Old 25th September 2017
Lives for gear

Reading this reminds me that my Grandmother, who lived in St. Petersburg, Florida had her whole front lawn removed and replaced with stones. Just an idea <GRIN>
Old 25th September 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas W. Bethe View Post
Reading this reminds me that my Grandmother, who lived in St. Petersburg, Florida had her whole front lawn removed and replaced with stones. Just an idea <GRIN>
Trust me, if I had a small lawn I would certainly consider it. It would cost too much to buy stones for a half acre of land. Not sure if the city would approve as well.

When I lived in California, the homeowners association took care of it.

Soon it will be time to moan about the falling leaves!
Old 25th September 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Guru View Post
Trust me, if I had a small lawn I would certainly consider it. It would cost too much to buy stones for a half acre of land. Not sure if the city would approve as well.

When I lived in California, the homeowners association took care of it.

Soon it will be time to moan about the falling leaves!
With the new interest in the US of A for local food sustainability how about converting your lawn into a wheat field or soybean field? You could be the first.

-or-

There is a person here in Oberlin who rents out his three to four sheep for ecologically based grass trimming. I believe he rents his sheep for a full day for $25.00 and you get your lawn trimmed, his sheep get fed and you get organic "poop" to fertilize your lawn. What more could anyone ask for?

I think you should look into it.<GRIN>

It is so frigging hot here I think we are in the middle of July instead of the end of September. We set three heat records in the past few days and probably will set another today. They have closed a lot of the schools since they are not air conditioned and the city has started their fall leaf cleanup since so many trees are losing their leaves due to dry conditions. Global warming anyone???

We are suppose to get some relief on Thursday. I certainly hope so...
Old 29th September 2017
Quote:
With the new interest in the US of A for local food sustainability how about converting your lawn into a wheat field or soybean field? You could be the first.

-or-

There is a person here in Oberlin who rents out his three to four sheep for ecologically based grass trimming. I believe he rents his sheep for a full day for $25.00 and you get your lawn trimmed, his sheep get fed and you get organic "poop" to fertilize your lawn. What more could anyone ask for?

It is so frigging hot here I think we are in the middle of July instead of the end of September. We set three heat records in the past few days and probably will set another today. They have closed a lot of the schools since they are not air conditioned and the city has started their fall leaf cleanup since so many trees are losing their leaves due to dry conditions. Global warming anyone???

I don't believe the city code would permit the plantation of wheat in a residential area. Perhaps further away from the city limits but even then, wheat probably wouldn't grow due to the red Virginia clay.

I don't believe sheep would enjoy dried up leaves.

It's been hot the past few days but not extremely.
Old 29th September 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:

-or-

Well, my grandfather left me 100 acres of farm land, I lease it out to a local cowboy who put 40 cows on it. They have been doing a good job lately.
Old 1 week ago
Angry Moaning about the leaves!

Well, almost all the leaves have fallen for Autumn 2017 here. There are a few remaining stragglers hanging on to the branches. Soon they too shall fall.

I'm dreading the big job ahead. Last year, I picked up leaves 3-4 times as I began too early in the season. This year, I'm waiting until the trees are totally naked of the pesky dry leaves.

I'm guessing in a few more days, I'll get out there and start the job. Thankfully last year I bought a backpack leaf blower, it sure makes life easier compared to using my hand held but nevertheless I ache all over after I'm done. Sure sucks getting old specially after 50.

Here's a few pics of the backyard. There are leaves all over the sides of the house and in the front lawn too.
Attached Thumbnails
Moaning about the Lawn-img_1155.jpg   Moaning about the Lawn-img_1156.jpg  
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

You need one of these Scag Giant-Vac - Yard and Debris Vacuum

My Oak trees don't lose their leaves until almost the 1st of January. I had my lawn cleaned three times this fall and it is still full of leaves. I hear your pain!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Old 1 week ago
Quote:
You need one of these Scag Giant-Vac - Yard and Debris Vacuum

My Oak trees don't lose their leaves until almost the 1st of January. I had my lawn cleaned three times this fall and it is still full of leaves. I hear your pain!
That machine looks like a good solution. I priced them and it's out of my budget ATM but I'll consider one in 5-10 years.

In the meantime, I'll continue using the back-pack leaf blower and large blue tarp method.

I hear that about the Oak trees. I have several of them including a large Maple tree.
Old 1 week ago
After 5 1/2 hours of hard work blowing the leaves into giant piles and dragging heavy loads of dry leaves to the street, I finally finished the backyard.

My muscles feel sore but not as bad as last year. Tomorrow I'll take some pics and finish the two side yards and the front.

What a pain in the arse but it's coming along nicely.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
After 5 1/2 hours of hard work blowing the leaves into giant piles and dragging heavy loads of dry leaves to the street, I finally finished the backyard.

My muscles feel sore but not as bad as last year. Tomorrow I'll take some pics and finish the two side yards and the front.

Dude, you're a machine
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Nothin runs like a Deere eh?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Quote:

Poor you... I own a landscaping company and its not a real large operation but we do have about 60 accounts a week between me and 2 other guys I hired. That is during the good months of course. This time of year is dreaded leaf removals weekly until they're all down. People who have waited 2-3 years before getting leaves up so they can save a buck. Imagine doing it sun up to sun down! I can't complain though. It beats working in a cubicle or having someone over my shoulder, and its super flexible.

and I totally understand the after 50 comment. Well I don't but my dad does. He's approaching 60 and just blew his back out raking his leaves this week lol. "I can't do things the way I use to" Is what I hear a lot these days when I see him.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Stedman View Post
Poor you... I own a landscaping company and its not a real large operation but we do have about 60 accounts a week between me and 2 other guys I hired. That is during the good months of course. This time of year is dreaded leaf removals weekly until they're all down. People who have waited 2-3 years before getting leaves up so they can save a buck. Imagine doing it sun up to sun down! I can't complain though. It beats working in a cubicle or having someone over my shoulder, and its super flexible.

and I totally understand the after 50 comment. Well I don't but my dad does. He's approaching 60 and just blew his back out raking his leaves this week lol. "I can't do things the way I use to" Is what I hear a lot these days when I see him.
I can imagine doing that kind of work all day long. It sure is tough work. Luckily I learned my lesson this year and waited until ALL the leaves fell off the trees. This way I only do the job once and I'm done for the season. Last year I did it too early and did the same job 3 or 4 times.

My back held up thankfully. I work out religiously and that helps out a lot. I do have a bad back, several bulging discs and one partially herniated. When my back does go out the pain can be excruciating and it can take up to 7-10 days to calm down.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Stedman View Post

Hahaha! True story...

I was working at Guitar Center 6 days a week when I was 25. My singer had a landscape company.... "hey, come work for me".... 30 houses in 3 days.... and then I had 4 days off a week. 4 days!!!!! Oh that was great, now I had time to work on our songs, plus I was is such good shape I could walk into a bar anywhere and take my pick.... Good times.

Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noisewagon View Post
Hahaha! True story...

I was working at Guitar Center 6 days a week when I was 25. My singer had a landscape company.... "hey, come work for me".... 30 houses in 3 days.... and then I had 4 days off a week. 4 days!!!!! Oh that was great, now I had time to work on our songs, plus I was is such good shape I could walk into a bar anywhere and take my pick.... Good times.

I DIED watching that
Old 1 week ago
Today will be the 3rd day in a row of leaf work. Yesterday, it went well and I'm barely feeling sore.

I took some Glutamine which counteracts the lactic acid that build up in the muscles that causes soreness. It's a miracle drug if you ask me.

Pics to follow when I'm done.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

I took some Glutamine which counteracts the lactic acid that build up in the muscles that causes soreness. It's a miracle drug if you ask me.

Pics to follow when I'm done.
Bananas and/or potatoes or anything with lots of potassium too! I learned that trick in my late 20's as a bellboy who pushed a stacked-high heavy cart of luggage a conservative 14 miles a day!
These days the ball joint on my right foot can go into crying pain some times, but back then it got the job done. In a way it was the same job as a roadie, but there was no gig I could relax, just more luggage 16 hours a day

I paid my fines, and never got a drunk driving again
Old 1 week ago
Moaning about the leaves: Task complete!

For the three days of work, I put in a total of 13 hours! I'm damn glad the job is over for the season.

All I can say is that it was hard work and loooong hours.

As promised here are the pics:
Attached Thumbnails
Moaning about the Lawn-img_1167.jpg   Moaning about the Lawn-img_1168.jpg   Moaning about the Lawn-img_1169.jpg   Moaning about the Lawn-img_1170.jpg   Moaning about the Lawn-img_1161.jpg  

Moaning about the Lawn-img_1162.jpg   Moaning about the Lawn-img_1163.jpg   Moaning about the Lawn-img_1164.jpg   Moaning about the Lawn-img_1165.jpg   Moaning about the Lawn-img_1166.jpg  

New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search