The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Endless unproductive Software VS Hardware Bickering - Will it EVER end? Keyboard Synthesizers
View Poll Results: Will a hardware-only forum get rid of the endless bickering?
Yes - Make a new forum or rename this one and actively discourage the nonsense
13 Votes - 13.83%
No - Nothing you do will make the bickering stop, EVER!
33 Votes - 35.11%
Who cares?
48 Votes - 51.06%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Old 14th January 2017
Lives for gear

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune View Post
Good lord man- issue a warning before these posts- I was having fun in the kiddie section of the pool watching arguers splash each other and you toss me in the deep end- I am still coughing water (though your points made sense).

Now back to the splashy spirit of this thread:

Was Mariah Carey set up with that lip synch malfunction? Some argue she was just lazy and didn't practice- but she has pro lip synched for over 2 decades now and can do this in her sleep- I suspect sabotage (Beyonce?)
It's basically the foundation of whatever religious belief I might deny I have, which is why I raise it here.

I see all phenomena in the universe, large and small, as the result of something going on, and then off again. You see this in things like black holes, and things that are born and die, and well, everything.

So the only question philosophically (to fulfill SimoninAsphodelia's perception of me as a pseudo-intellectual wonk or something) is: first, what does the turning on seem like, perceptually? This is sometimes called the rising edge. Even if it is infinitely fast, i.e. what we consider instantaneous, as long as it is a phenomenon that exists in time in any way, it is actually NOT instantaneous. The rise time has a start, and then a continuance, until it reaches some state, for some period of time, after which it reverses direction and becomes the second most important thing: the trailing edge, fall time, death, release, relaxation, darkening, whitening, however you want to conceive of as the progress from the on state to the off state.

All phenomena exist as a result of this process. Therefore! Computers and synths are just variations on combinations of said process.

As is everything else, in case that seems too arbitrary a linkage to some here.

To me, at least. Just one person's opinion.

Hope that helps!
Old 14th January 2017
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by realtrance View Post
And now I see zerocrossing has stepped in, so my hopes have been dashed.
Just do'n my job, ma'am.
Old 14th January 2017
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune View Post
Good lord man- issue a warning before these posts- I was having fun in the kiddie section of the pool watching arguers splash each other and you toss me in the deep end- I am still coughing water (though your points made sense).

Now back to the splashy spirit of this thread:

Was Mariah Carey set up with that lip synch malfunction? Some argue she was just lazy and didn't practice- but she has pro lip synched for over 2 decades now and can do this in her sleep- I suspect sabotage (Beyonce?)
Almost all performances like that are lip synced these days. No one wants to take a chance on the unpredictability of a real live singer. Who knows what they may sing!? I'm sure that was just board op incompetence and she just couldn't hear the track and tried to make a go of it anyway. I applaud her for powering though, the the general public just made fun of her.
Old 15th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntonica View Post
I get aspirin-based tinnitus if I take more than one pill at a time. There goes your "one cure to rule then all..."

Sadly, sudden or constant loud noises can cause damage to your hearing. Tinnitus is but one symptom. If you have neck injuries and didn't lead a total rock n roll lifestyle, then chiropracty is worth looking into.
Living the myths i see! Death metal gutarists headbanging causes tinnitus!
Old 15th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klonfocius View Post
Living the myths i see! Death metal gutarists headbanging causes tinnitus!
Huh?
Old 29th January 2017
Lives for gear

completely off topic:

been playing snooker with a lucky c#^t on iPhone and the [email protected]#er completely misses the yellow and completely randomly the pink goes in. Lucky #@$%, couldn't have been at least decent and pass his turn.

End of rant
Old 30th January 2017
It's all tools in the bag. Sometimes your trying to paint the mona lisa with a putty knife, others your on your favorite easel with the best oil paints you can find.
Old 30th January 2017
Lives for gear

This is funny. Do all the HW/SW fights get moved to "The Moan Zone?"
Old 30th January 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkay909 View Post
Not all of them.

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/elec...ered-gear.html
Old 10th February 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkay909 View Post
Perhaps we need to do another vote on whether or not to make this the normal practice
Old 13th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankenstino View Post
I am amazed and miss the recording to tape experience less and less everyday. .
I never missed cleaning heads pinch rollers and guides, leadering reels, pre-striping SMPTE, setting up record/repro amps, calibrating Dolby SR units, lugging around 100 lbs of tape that had 40 minutes of music...
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search