The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Slate Audiophiles on Facebook has gotten too weird for me
Old 13th June 2016
Slate Audiophiles on Facebook has gotten too weird for me

I bought the Slate Mix Masters Bundle (no effects) back when it was still available. Got the free months and all that. It's great.

They do have a few problems at Slate (not talking about FGX-2). They don't always get the notifications out to everyone. So I joined the "Slate Audiophiles" group on Facebook. And a few times, I've gotten notification of an update there, instead of via email. But the rest of the time, it's just too weird for words....

Everyone's an expert. Everyone gets a prize. Everyone uses 99% all Slate plugins on every mix and they tell you all about each plugin they've stacked up.

They drone on and on about how many instances they've put and/or how many bus compressors they've stacked and they really wish they also had this other one, so their mixes will finally be perfect.

Steven likes to stoke the flames and I get a laugh at how they are all salivating for the next plugin. It seems most of them never get past the presets, but they know they need more. And when the next one comes out, they start drooling over what might come after that. They remind me a lot of the classic bibliophile. A collector of books who never bothers to read them...

It seems that in 2016, you really can polish a turd and thousands are trying it.
Old 13th June 2016
Gear Addict

I bet you're a real peach at the party
Old 18th June 2016
Deleted 7f9cade
Quote:
Originally Posted by donpakka View Post
Everyone's an expert. Everyone gets a prize. Everyone uses 99% all Slate plugins on every mix and they tell you all about each plugin they've stacked up.

They drone on and on about how many instances they've put and/or how many bus compressors they've stacked and they really wish they also had this other one, so their mixes will finally be perfect.
Hmmmm. Sounds a bit frustrating. Stuff like that never happens on Gearslutz. All seasoned, courteous, professional guys here. Spend more time on these fourms and feel the GS difference.

I also have this great company to tell you about called Amway...

Last edited by Deleted 7f9cade; 11th July 2016 at 10:55 AM..
Old 18th June 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ienjoyaudio View Post

I understand they've got a cult following... literally
Old 19th June 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ienjoyaudio View Post
Hmmmm. Sounds a bit frustrating. Stuff like that never happens on Gearslutz. All seasoned, courteous, professional guys here. Spend more time on these fourms and feels the GS difference.

You know... You are so right. You're all just as big a sack of ill-informed, numbskulls as the Slate fanboys.
Old 20th June 2016
Lives for gear

Don, I hear you and agree. In 2016, these social media/forums are simply obsolete for any kind of rational thought. I'm reminded of the scene in Life of Brian...

Quote:
Brian: No, no. Please, please please listen. I've got one or two things to say.
The Crowd: Tell us! Tell us both of them!
Brian: Look, you've got it all wrong. You don't need to follow me. You don't need to follow anybody! You've got to think for yourselves! You're all individuals!
The Crowd: Yes! We're all individuals!
Brian: You're all different!
The Crowd: Yes! We're all different!
Man in crowd: I'm not...
Man in crowd: Shhh!
Brian: You've all got to work it out for yourselves.
The Crowd: Yes! We've got to work it out for ourselves!
Brian: Exactly!
The Crowd: Tell us more!
Brian: No! That's the point! Don't let anyone tell you what to do! Otherwise - Ow! Ow!
Old 26th June 2016
Lives for gear

has gotten???
Old 26th June 2016
Lives for gear

It's the same in the Harley Davidson forums.

All the doctors and lawyers salivating over that next 5k chrome add-on.

You are still not a biker. You will never be a biker.

But heh....they enjoy it.
Old 8th September 2016
Lives for gear

Well.... I'm a Slate audiophiles member....I love it as resource for those who use the bundle and the fact that Steven get's on there occasionally. My view is that sometimes Slate puts out a great emulation and it can go deep... a few of these I use all the time and really get intricate with them.

Some seem to be quick amalgamations of a bunch of plug ins that one may use on a parallel buss (Monster) for those who want quick result but are more insert minded and in a hurry.

Sometimes (if you are a busy professional) these kinds of plug in's are a really nice change of pace and give a client with limited resources a decent sounding mix quickly. I also like the weirdness and that Slate has given me an opportunity to use some great sounding things for a great price. What could you not like about that?
Old 17th October 2017
Here for the gear

I am everything bundle user of Slate digital but I was banned in this group by admins
Old 18th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbisser View Post
I am everything bundle user of Slate digital but I was banned in this group by admins
That's what happens when you go against a cult.
Old 19th October 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 View Post
That's what happens when you go against a cult.
Ok, but there s a lot of good sounding software Next year I will be no more Slate user
Old 19th October 2017
Slate Pro Audio / Slate Digital

Hahaha.. I like how you blame the company for something that is out of our control. Either way, make great music with whatever tools you choose.

Cheers,
Steven
Old 19th October 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Slate View Post
Hahaha.. I like how you blame the company for something that is out of our control. Either way, make great music with whatever tools you choose.

Cheers,
Steven
Dude, I was thinking about buying the virtual mic setup and now you're on here throwing shade, making me rethink such a purchase.

This makes me a sad panda. You can do better.
Old 19th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Quote:

Cheers,
Steven
Steven, you are listed as an administrator of the Slate Audiophiles group. I'm not saying you are the one that banned @ bbbisser but yeah...it sounds like a cult over there.
Old 19th October 2017

Yes, the moderator Gabrijel added me. But I cannot control who he bans. It's his gig man. I just hang there to have fun discussions and try to contribute positively.

Cheers,
Steven
Old 19th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hahaha..
Censorship is funny?

You got me on that one...
Old 19th October 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 View Post
Steven, you are listed as an administrator of the Slate Audiophiles group. I'm not saying you are the one that banned @ bbbisser but yeah...it sounds like a cult over there.
Well - it’s not an easy gig being a mod! Who knows why that user was banned? Not you or I...he may have been dealt an injustice, or he might have been throwing his weight around and disrupting things...either way, we can’t judge.

At the same time - Steven, it’s your company bearing your name. Thus your reputation! Ultimately you’re much more than just another forum member
Old 19th October 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12tone View Post
Censorship is funny?

You got me on that one...
Exactly how did you connect my laughing with censorship? In fact I have nothing to do with the banning or the censorship.. and that is what is funny. Getting blamed for something I have no control over.

Anyway, it's a nice group and I'm sure if you write Gabrijel, things can be amended.
Old 19th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Exactly how did you connect my laughing with censorship?
So...tell me how this is supposed to be connoted?

Quote:

Quote:

Cheers,
Steven
Old 20th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yes, the moderator Gabrijel added me. But I cannot control who he bans. It's his gig man. I just hang there to have fun discussions and try to contribute positively.

Cheers,
Steven
I hear that. I would maybe consider removing yourself from the list since you don't control it.
Old 26th October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:

You have been "consorting with the enemies of Slate-ism." Confess your error!
Old 30th October 2017
Lives for gear
Sad world when all the musicians are too broke to afford gear and lawyers are collecting guitars.
Old 8th August 2020
Here for the gear

yup
Old 11th August 2020
Lives for gear

There is another group on FB. Slate Digital Pro Users. They guy who runs it does a great job and shuts down the BS immediately.
Old 11th August 2020
XDX
Gear Head

I remember that a lot, basically all of the audiophile groups on Facebook were just horrible gushing from fanboys, or I guess we can call them stans now lol. But really the worst part was that they became these echo chambers. If you bring up critique about a product or bring up another companies plugins, you would just be shut down, kicked, and banned from the group.

Horrible way of thinking. Those groups became the flat earther and anti-vax groups of the plugin world.
Old 12th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philter View Post
Sad world when all the musicians are too broke to afford gear and lawyers are collecting guitars.
As a (non collecting) lawyer, I call bs on that remark.

"Collecting guitars' no more causes musicians to be unable to get the gear they need than my mother collecting teaspoons caused a teaspoon shortage. Indeed I'm unsure who these musician who "cant get gear" are. The local bands I see seem very able to buy more gear than I had out of their day jobs

This is because guitarists currently have the best available range of high quality low-cost instruments that they have ever had. I'm old enough to remember when low cost instruments were really really bad, virtually unplayable. Nowadays, anyone who claims that can't play a properly set up Squire or Epiphone cant play, simple as that.

Most musicians are too broke to buy a 59 burst, and some of them can't even run to a even a "aged" R9 reissue or a vintage Marshall. They are lucky not to waste their money on hyped up " collectable" "vintage" instruments and amps. I probably could afford to buy a 59 Les Paul, but would never waste my money on anything as stupid as a $250,000 guitar, or even a $9,000 reissue.

There is a big difference between "can't get gear you need to practice your art" and "can't afford collectors items that I want."
Closed
Topic:
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear