The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Is it me or does the ultrasone 750's seem hyped
Old 4th February 2007
Lives for gear

Is it me or does the ultrasone 750's seem hyped

I have had these headphones for about a year, they do sound good,but there is something i feeled that is hyped with them, anyone else feel this way
Old 4th February 2007
Gear Maniac

Maybe just a tad.... I go back and forth between them and some AKG 240's from time to time.
Old 12th April 2007
Lives for gear

Yeah, I think so. The only phones I've ever heard that didn't seem hyped in some way are the Beyerdynamics.
Old 12th April 2007
Here for the gear

I have a pair of these as well and find that the positioning of the headphones( ie; how the sit relative to your ears) has a large affect on tonality, much more so than other phones that I have. If you position them slightly forward relative to your ears the tone becomes darker , move them back 0.5 cm and the the highs and can seem somewhat hyped. I don't find my AKG's nearly as sensitive to positioning. They are still fine sounding headphones though.
Old 9th May 2007
Gear Addict

Ultrasones use something called S Logic. This changes the sound presentation in no insignificant way.

This creates the illusion that the sound is coming from a set of speakers. So with headphone placement you need to be careful. Too far back and the midrange will become hollow with treble that would be too bright, place too far forward and the bass changes and the top end tapers off.

But in the right place a pair of Proline 750s sounded amazing.

Ben
Old 9th May 2007
Lives for gear

Methinks the entire Ultrasone line is Hyped !!

HiFi construction & 'smoke & mirror' hype do not a professional headphone make

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search