The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
looks like i am getting ripped of by a GS member
Old 26th January 2007
Lives for gear

looks like i am getting ripped of by a GS member

update: item was received monday 1/30/07. seller shipped last week before i posted but did not notify me. emails were bouncing due to inbox being full. he also called and explained he understood that i took some action and had no hard feelings. everything was packaged well and in good working condition. ultimately transaction worked out. just not the most timely. contacting jules to lock thread.
whats up y'all,
not 100% confirmed yet but it seems i am getting ripped off by an alleged GS member. i didnt want to bring this up on the board unless i was positive but now its getting ridiculous. i think i'll be done being politically correct. want to see if any of you guys know anything about this guy. i bought an 8 channel desk doctor from him last month for $400.

we drafted a contract via email and then i paypal'd the cash 12/22/06. (correction: i used my credit card to pay with paypal)

originally said he would ship out the next day. been 5 weeks with tons of communication: nothing. he basically just keeps telling me that he was "out of town" and he'll send it tomorrow or that he is "really busy" or also that he "sent to wrong address and then it came back" and then he said he shipped again and a week later gave me a track number and then later admitted he sent nothing but that its still "boxed up ready to go" but he'll for sure next day it tomorrow. always an excuse but then i'll ship tomorrow. then nothing. then i email. then i call him. same thing. over and over. after emailing him again last night his email address now seems to be bouncing my messages back which to me means he closed the account to cut me off. looks like he's split. i'm sick of dealing with this.

what recourse do i have with paypal even in the case he may have closed his account and split? anyone from MA know this cat? maybe he is still on the board.

please pm me with any info.
Old 30th January 2007
Lives for gear

update:
the desk doctor arrived yesterday. the unit was packed well and seemed to be in good working order. spoke with the seller over the phone and he did not blame me for taking some action over the issue. i think the unit was shipped before i started the thread last friday.

anyhow, not the smoothest transaction but ultimately it worked out. contacting jules to lock or remove this thread .

electric

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search