The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
****e! Unplugged 002R in the middle of session!!!
Old 26th January 2007
Lives for gear

****e! Unplugged 002R in the middle of session!!!

OK. It's not a big deal. I put some BFD drums down for a guide track and recorded some guide e guitars. I went back to plug in an xlr into my Toft Pre to do some scratch vox and BAM! I accidentally bumped the cord to my power source, it turned off. I had saved everything but when I got back into the session (PT 7.0) It gave me a message that it needed to link back to the audio. I tried and waited for a bit for it to link, to no avail.

Man if that had been a major session I would have came unglued (or maybe spent more time trying to get the stuff back). As it sits now I will just start over and watch what the fick I'm doing next time!

Thanks for the vent!
Old 27th January 2007
Lives for gear
IEC cables are the devil. Especially on critical gear.
Old 27th January 2007
Gear Guru

you might be able to manually relink your files. find out where they are on your hard drive, and import them back into the session and spot mode them where they belong
Old 27th January 2007
Lives for gear

Thanks...I did end up relinking. No big deal.................I was just venting and amazed at what a fine line there is. I have never had any problems with pro tools until now, but really it was my dumb ass move...but all is well.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search