The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Cheeky UK (loads o monay pt 1)
Old 26th January 2007
Gear Addict
Cheeky UK (loads o monay pt 1)

Hadnt been looking for gear second hand for a while now, maybe 6-7 months or so, and
decided to do so yesterday.

As a citizen of London, due to the usual hassles with postage etc, i checked sound on sound as it used to be a relatively reasonable place where music and audio folk would put some stuff they dont need up for grabs without the ebay 'rare as hens teeth' bull and overpriced cheekiness.

Yes.

Well, I found a bargain of a focusrite Green eq for only 400£ (wow) and a Frontier Designs Tango24 for ONLY 350£ gbp, among other overpriced idiocy and a bizarre fixation with selling AKG Solidtube mics (new at an already overpriced for the quality 360£) at £300!!! There is at least 3 ads for these, all at 300 quid - they look hot.

like its gonna push your finances straight up the roof 'oh yeah i wasnt doing all that well but then i sold that RARE Technics synthesizer and ..'

Technics synthesizers are rare cause NO one bought them and for a good reason!

Is this some odd coincidence or is it the all too clever post-ebay bull (i got this ole mic and i saw one going for that much on ebay) type of crap?
or just inflation?

I m just ssssooooo tired of this amateur 'awareness of possible profit' that gets inflated by the year in london.

Everyone who s got a shoddy shed in hackney tries to flogg it like its a palace in tuscany, someone who found a half decent sofa in a council flat will sell it as ''vintage modernist furniture'dfegad and the freshly young professionals will buy any old overpriced crap proudly and maintain this so called market.

I should really go buy all Solidtubes and sell them for 10 quid each on ebay with extra visibility features shouldnt i.

oh i ve been here too long i think. Need a holiday.
Old 26th January 2007
Lives for gear

It's mainly because Ebay is full of idiots who will buy any old crap. When you read stories of people who spent hundreds on an Xbox CARDBOARD BOX which was clearly described as nothing but a box with no console inside, then you realise that the elevator of stupidity has no bottom floor.

Tis true about the stupid prices for worthles property in London though. I read in the paper the other day about a single room in Chelsea, smaller than the avarage prison cell and needing nearly £30,000 worth of repairs, which was placed on the market for nearly £200,000!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search