The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Shame on Apogee / Rosetta 800
Old 16th January 2007
  #31
Gear Nut
 

Pretty funny AMD. If your intent was not to publicly slam Apogee, then why did you title the post "Shame on Apogee".
Old 17th January 2007
  #32
Max
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by amd View Post
Hi Max,

I do appreciate the effort put forth by Apogee; however, after three month and four units later – I am still in the same situation. Needless to say, I have been extremely patient with this circumstance and have given you many opportunities to rectify it. I like many other gearslutz spend ridiculous amounts of monies on gear every year and all I wanted is what I paid for – a brand new product in mint and working order!
We have sent you a replacement unit to which you claim has a blemish. We would like to see evidence of the blemish before we replace it again, since our tech support staff checked the unit over before shipping and saw no cosmetic defects. We asked you to take a picture of the unit over two weeks ago. To my knowledge we still have not recieved a picture.

Quote:
Although I appreciate you offering me 10% for the inconvenience, as of today 1/15/07 neither I, nor my dealer, have been reimbursed for shipping charges or the 10% offered for the three months of aggravation. I can vividly recall sending an e-mail last year informing you of this matter. I guess I could have also received a “significant discount” if I walked into Sam Ash and purchased a blemished demo unit from them as well.
This is not true. We have paid this already by crediting your dealer back on 12/21/2006. I have a credit memo in front of me which was sent to your dealer with your name on it. All has been paid by Apogee in full as promised. It is your dealer's responsibility to pass the credit on to you.

As for the discount, you know very well we are giving you a discount on a new Rosetta 800 with no cosmetic flaws. You have yet to present us any evidence to the contrary.

Quote:
I do understand that the fourth unit was supposed to be thoroughly inspected by the guys in service and felt it was in perfect condition; however, I do have one question. Are these the same guys that inspected the other three units including the one with the bent ears? My impression from speaking with Toni was that you were very upset about this situation and I doubt that anyone wanted to loose their job weeks before Christmas and would have denied any wrong doing.
Bent rack ears happen because the unit has been mishandled in transit. Technically it is not Apogee's responsibility to take care of bent rack ears, as it is shipping damage. Despite this, we always do so for the sake of our customers.

Quote:
Max I feel it is probably in our best interest to discuss this matter with one another directly and privately in order to avoid any further communication breakdown and or speculations between the parties involved. I will simply wait for your response.
Forgive me if I find this hard to believe. I called you personally after I was made aware of your situation. We have already had direct communication on this issues and if further communication was needed, you mearly had to dial our number. If you are truly in a hurry to get this resolved, perhaps you could send us the picture of the alleged blemish we requested over two weeks ago.

There was no need to create an inflammatory post on Gearslutz other than to paint Apogee in a negtive light. All companies make mistakes now and then. It is in how we go about coming to a resolution that we ought to be judged. I feel that Apogee has gone above and beyond in your case by offering to get you a brand new, blemish free unit, pay for all shipping charges both you and the dealer have incurred AND provide you a monetary discount for your trouble. That you felt the need to go public with your complaint in a very one-sided manner without giving a fair accounting of the facts speaks volumes about your intent.

Your dealer really started this mess by selling you a demo unit as new (another fact you failed to mention). Were I less of a professional, I might just take your posts personally, tell you to stuff it and fire your dealer all at the same time.
Old 17th January 2007
  #33
Lives for gear
 
studio1117's Avatar
 

Listen all, I don't know AMD. Maybe he's a normal guy. I'm not getting that feeling though, the word ANAL comes to mind. We all know the type. They're generally called "audiophiles" and they have huge stereos they spend tens (and hundreds) of thousands of dollars on. Not so they can listen to or appreciate music, no sir, so they can tell their friends...."did you hear that..it sounded like a floor creaking in the middle of that chorus"
I like my gear to be clean too, but I must say, I really could give a rats ass if the buttons aren't painted in exactly the same shade. I'd call it a piece of art and feel unique and deal with it. I could say."oh you have a regular Rossetta....well I have the one with the 3 different shades of red knobs"
I guess I'm a bit of a prick, if I were Apogee I would say....please...please sir buy a (insert other brand here). You can only go so far. I know AMD will be pissed and say well they should have just given me a perfect unit from the get go....I'd respond that I doubt any product would make it past his "inspection" process... I could be wrong maybe Apogee just sucks? But that's not what I'm reading here.

Aaron Householter
www.studio1117.us
Old 17th January 2007
  #34
Lives for gear
 
amd's Avatar
 

This is not true. We have paid this already by crediting your dealer back on 12/21/2006. I have a credit memo in front of me which was sent to your dealer with your name on it. All has been paid by Apogee in full as promised. It is your dealer's responsibility to pass the credit on to you.


Max, I called you today but could not get through to you. This is why I feel we should establish direct communication. I spoke to my dealer a couple of days ago and he said that they have not recieved any refunds at all. If I find the information given above to be accurate, I would gladly apologize and tell my dealer to take a hike!




Your dealer really started this mess by selling you a demo unit as new (another fact you failed to mention). Were I less of a professional, I might just take your posts personally, tell you to stuff it and fire your dealer all at the same time.[/QUOTE]


Once again, I am was not aware of this - if you have proof or more info, I would gladly appreciate it. This is all new to me and if my dealer has been misleading me and is a large part of this messy equation - I would like to know! I will attempt to call you again today in order to sort this out. Please do not take this personal, I am as frustrated as you are, and if the dealer has been lying to me about the condition of your products - you might want to consider not using him anymore!
Old 17th January 2007
  #35
Quote:
Originally Posted by amd View Post
I see this thread has been moved to the moan zone and I can uderstand why; however, my intent was not to complain about Apogee, but to find out if anyone else had a similar experience. It just seemed really odd that this could occure to one person so many times in a row and apparently I am not the only one to experience the bent ears in a unit. I am not trying to bash "Apogee" or anything of that matter. I am simply trying to find out if this really is an isolated case. Thanks
you are right to check in with others as to the subject - but this is totally moan zone because your thread title is SHAME ON APOGEE and you even included a little frownie-thing. i think any threads titled negatively should go straight to the MZ

other than that, i hope you get this resolved because you deserve mint gear when paying for mint gear.
Old 17th January 2007
  #36
Lives for gear
 
amd's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fman View Post
Hey AMD; I hear ya.
Apogee is awesome with their service and tech support, but WOW! It sounds like you have just had a streak of incredibly bad luck! I'd just keep getting new ones sent until they get it right. Sounds like whoever you're dealing with is doing that, so definitely I would say it's more the exception than the rule. I've dealt plenty with Apogee and they're very responsive in getting things like this taken care of.

Best of luck!

Thanks!!
Old 17th January 2007
  #37
Lives for gear
 
amd's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricey View Post
you are right to check in with others as to the subject - but this is totally moan zone because your thread title is SHAME ON APOGEE and you even included a little frownie-thing. i think any threads titled negatively should go straight to the MZ

other than that, i hope you get this resolved because you deserve mint gear when paying for mint gear.

You are right, I was a little frustrated when I titled the post. Thanks for understanding my point of view without being judgemental.
Old 18th January 2007
  #38
Lives for Jesus
 
stevep's Avatar
The guys at Apogee are Great !always helpful and they answer the phone

As far as shipping damage you cant really blame that on Apogee

Why no pics ?




Old 18th January 2007
  #39
Lives for gear
 
mixerguy's Avatar
apogee is awesome
max is a totally cool guy

that is all I know..... in regards to this thread.

Old 18th January 2007
  #40
Lives for gear
 
amd's Avatar
 

In the interest of concluding this matter, I have reached a successful compromise with my dealer at this time and reimbursement will be mailed soon.


Thanks
Old 24th January 2007
  #41
Lives for gear
 
SiliconAudioLab's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by amd View Post
You are right, I was a little frustrated when I titled the post. Thanks for understanding my point of view without being judgemental.
You know there is a plastic wrap on the surface of the purple silkscreen?

It peels off. Pick an edge (I started mine on the right side) and peel it off.

Is THAT where your blemishes were? On the purple part of the 800?
Old 24th January 2007
  #42
Gear Addict
 

I've never had that happen with apogee. But everytime i special order a product from roland (XV-5080, fantom XR, etc.) i always have to reorder.
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump