The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
ReFX customer support
Old 27th May 2015
Here for the gear

ReFX customer support

I was treated very badly by a ReFx Support Tech with issues from this product. There's no direct way to report this kind of treatment. I have a error msg that muted or deleted sounds from the Hollywood Synth XP. The tech (Mike) corrected this issue and made clear he was irritated of the fact he had to do a desktop session to resolve this issue. No less than a week later, same issue reoccured with same XP Expansion pack. He told me he fixed this issue not less than a week ago, and it's my fault this happened and I have to pay $35 for another Desktop session. I explained to him it's their product not me. I told him NO, I would not pay to have him fix their product that requires me to continuously purchase Expansions that possibly doesn't work. As of to date, I've gotten no response. I will continue to post this message on all forums until I get a resolution.
Old 17th February 2016
Lives for gear

I was just called a liar and threatened with a life long ban by him.
I was trying to reporting a serious noise blast (feedback loop) issue.

He is very rude and clearly not fitted to handle customer support or be in any kind of work where there are customers.
Unfortunately he seems to be in charge and has the screwed mentality that the is the boss and the customers are there for him. Also unfortunate that i have not found a replacement for Nexus2 or else I would tell him what a rude douchbag he is and be done with him and his program.

I wish there was a official place I could file a report on this guy. I don't want him to get away with this kind of behavior.

Last edited by chrisdee; 17th February 2016 at 12:41 PM..
Old 28th December 2017
Here for the gear

I had this conversation with Michael from REFX yesterday evening.
He just insulted me I think it's important for the community to know who you give your money to and how you get treated in case of problems...
Here is the best part
Attached Thumbnails
ReFX customer support-refx9.jpg  
Old 28th December 2017
Here for the gear

And now the "threat" he is talking about in the previous tickets he closed.

No comments you'll be the judge
Attached Thumbnails
ReFX customer support-refx2.jpg  
Old 28th December 2017
Here for the gear

Seriously?
You spend money to support vst companies like REFX and here is your reward,

'Michael' from REFX refuses me the right to get a demo serial just so I can use Nexus while the deficient dongle is sent to Canada!
How silly and suicidal is that attitude for a company owner?
The man insults his customers and makes sure you can't use the product you paid him while you got a problem!
Never had a worst customer service.
He's got a 17 years old internet troll attitude and absolutely no respect for his customers.
That is totally surreal!
Don't make my mistake, never buy anything from REFX, i'm so pissed i gave money to this company.
Attached Thumbnails
ReFX customer support-refx13.jpg  
Old 29th December 2017
Lives for gear

In the other thread you posted the entire chat logs. Pity it's tiny and you can't read anything.

Not saying you're wrong by any means, but for the sake of clarity, you should post the entire chat log to prove your point. That way we can see how it started and ended. If they did treat you badly, it will be obvious.

Bummer if the developer does actually treat his customers like sh!t.
Old 29th December 2017
Here for the gear

Sardi you're right, I corrected it
Old 30th December 2017
Here for the gear

I had Nexus in my shopping list. Not anymore.
Old 7th January 2018
Lives for gear
reFX now off my 'maybe' list.
Old 13th August 2019
Here for the gear

I too had a very bad experience with the guy who runs Refx, Michael Hartmann. He literally said I had a stick up my a**. They have this weird policy that if your eLicenser dongle breaks and you lose your authorization code, you have to send the dongle to Canada for them to verify you are not ripping off the company. When I complained and asked for his help, he was a massive jerk. Last time I will purchase any of their products.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search