The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
BeesNeez - A Customer Service Tale
Old 25th August 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by studiomonkey View Post
Yeah, being in the Middle of the Pacific can make shipping slower, but I have to say that Ben handles Business and did an excellent job Retubing & Cleaning a Mic that I purchased from him a few years back. As well, he repaired and cleaned a Vintage 414 and it's smooth without all of the harsh pops when switching polar patterns, etc. On top of all that... A mishap w/ the Shipping Co. caused the 2 Mics to be sent back to him. Shipping anything from Australia is not cheap! Ben is the most STAND UP guy that I've encountered in years. He shipped both Mics back to me at his expense. His Microphones are stellar! A former work colleague from Westlake Studios, LA who is an amazing Engineer and Designer of Digital Consoles has built some amazing U87 to 251 Replicas with Ben's Capsules. I can't get this kind of service in the States.
Thank You Ben,
Cope Till
Strident Trax
Sorry, just saw this one as I don't get to troll here very often.

Thanks for your kind words cope. Enjoy your Mics!

Cheers
Old 29th April 2017
TJC
Here for the gear
A few years back I brought a James Pro microphone from Beezneez mics. It arrived and worked fine for a while. As the mic was getting about 6 months short of the warranty expiring, it stopped working. I worked out the fault was in the 7 pin XLR on the power supply unit, used to power the mic. With a lot of jiggling of the plug I could get the mic working intermittently. I sent some emails off to Beezneez asking about fixing the power supply unit. They emailed back and asked for a copy of my original receipt. I didn't have this copy, but I had an order number and my name which they would have had on file. This was all to no avail. Beezneez did not honour the warranty, and after a couple more emails from myself asking why, they never answered back.

So basically now I have a very expensive piece of junk sitting in my studio. I would never buy any more mics from Beezneez or recommend these mics to anyone who wants a good quality mic because of the rude and unhelpful response I got from beezneez, who basically treated me like I stole the mic, rather than as a valued customer who could in future buy more of their products.

When the mic worked it sounded great, but if there is such poor after-sales service then I'd rather go for some other brand. If I lived in Australia and they had treated me like this I would have taken them to court for failure to meet their warranty obligations. I just wanted to post my response to what I've read on this forum so people get a feel for how bad customers can be treated by this company.
Old 29th April 2017
So it's a loose connection on a 7 pin XLR in the PS unit ?

Just send it to a local tech, sounds like an easy fix.
Old 14th May 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozmik Prod. View Post
So it's a loose connection on a 7 pin XLR in the PS unit ?

Just send it to a local tech, sounds like an easy fix.
That's not the point. What if it was a problem that wasn't an easy fix?
Old 14th May 2017
Lives for gear

I get that it's "not the point"... But, if you spent a bunch on anything, you need it work. So, send it to a local, get it fixed and then come here a flame the maker... Who wins when you just have an expensive paperweight??

I'm assuming that's what the poster did... Had it fixed locally... Otherwise, that would make him an aggrieved customer And foolish!

Get her fixed and send Ben the bill... See what happens!!
Old 14th May 2017
What if ?

What if my sister would have a d*ck ?

She would be my brother !

So now shaming and framing is also ok for what if situations ?

Please, find another occupation, this is obviously not for you, things break, that is the nature of things, and if you wait long enough even the Himalaya mountains will be gone and eroded... it's the nature of this reality, from dust, to dust.
Old 14th May 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
What if ?

What if my sister would have a d*ck ?

She would be my brother !

So now shaming and framing is also ok for what if situations ?

Please, find another occupation, this is obviously not for you, things break, that is the nature of things, and if you wait long enough even the Himalaya mountains will be gone and eroded... it's the nature of this reality, from dust, to dust.
The point, since you're really having trouble grasping a very simple concept, is that Ben didn't stand behind his product and honor his warranty.

That part, which is the important part, is not a hypothetical.

You're attempting to make the case that since the repair might have been (you're making an assumption on that) a simple and easy one, it's o.k. for the manufacturer to not stand behind his product and honor his warranty.

When you put in those simple terms, it's a strange position you're taking. If it's o.k. with you for people to not keep their word, that's fine, but I hardly think those of us in this thread who expect more integrity are the ones being unreasonable or have unusual expectations.
Old 14th May 2017
Just read the guy's story and give him a break ....
Old 14th May 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Just read the guy's story and give him a break ....
I am very aware of Ben's story and it's absolutely tragic—you couldn't make up a more heartbreaking story.

I've also had my own issues with him from a manufacturer's point of view and I'm not sure that every complaint directed toward BeesNeez can be explained by what happened to his daughter.

But if that's really the crux of your argument, that's fine. I have my suspicions based on my interactions with Ben, but neither of us knows for sure so you could be right.
Old 14th May 2017
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJC View Post
So basically now I have a very expensive piece of junk sitting in my studio.
I feel your pain and want to help. What do you want for it?
Old 4th November 2018
Lives for gear

Any more reviews of Beesneez? Considering getting one of their mics as I've only heard great things about the sound.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search