The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
toussaint and costello
Old 14th June 2006
Gear Addict

toussaint and costello

Just wanted to say that the new record "the River in Reverse" is incredible.
Produced by Joe Henry and recorded mixed by Husky Hoskulds. Great stuff. Take care Logan
Old 16th June 2006
Gear Addict

Thanks for that, man. I hadn't heard about it, but picked it up at lunchtime. Nice!
Old 17th June 2006
Lives for gear

I tried listening to it, but to be honest, Costello does NOTHING for me. It may be blasphemous, but I'm just being honest.
Old 17th June 2006
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobby12
I tried listening to it, but to be honest, Costello does NOTHING for me. It may be blasphemous, but I'm just being honest.
I sorta know what you mean, he has this way of singing, where you wonder if he is gona make the note by the end of the line, but in the end it sounds very good and pretty emotional to me. Beyond Elvis' vocal the band grooves and Allen's piano has that wonderful rythym vibe and some cool fills. No big flashy solo stuff just supports the song. Plus Costello is a great song writer, as is Toussaint, I haven't been able to get it out of the player. Take care Logan
Old 17th June 2006
Lives for gear

Giving it another shot right now per your recommendation. The piano playing is the bomb fo sho.
Old 18th June 2006
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobby12
What albums do you own? He is really an album kind of guy. I'd like to recommend 'Trust' and 'Get Happy.' If you haven't spent some time with these albums, you might be in for a surprise.

"Old Elvis" as a performer might be a little difficult to take, though his song writing is still highly inventive. I find him to be one of the most consistant artists of all time.

-Jp
Old 21st July 2006
Deleted User
I would venture to say best album of 2006 so far. This thing has been knocking my socks off since I heard it. Wow!

Another great Costello record you should check is "This Years Model"
Old 23rd July 2006
Lives for gear

i grew up listening to elvis. like, i was living in atlanta or dc and i had my really nerdy mathrock bands when i was 7 or 8, and the only other stuff i'd listen to was elvis costello. even what "rock critics" call the gray years of his career, like spike and the juliette letters. love it all.

i'm digging on this album. i've had it for a little while but haven't really LISTENED to it so much, but everything i've heard in thus far has been pleasing.

my grandfather used to say "that costello makes black music better than black people". maybe that's true.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search