The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Guys, we got a hot scammer on the line! Audio Interfaces
Old 21st July 2006
Maybe the dude found out who he was
Old 21st July 2006
I wonder if he found this thread, came to the US and played Terminator on the Resonator.
Old 21st July 2006
500 series nutjob

possibly he and Nancy have fallen madly in-love and are touring europe on their most currant honeymoon!
Old 21st July 2006
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pan60
possibly he and Nancy have fallen madly in-love and are touring europe on their most currant honeymoon!
If that's the case then I want to see some pictures of the lovebirds..

John Link
Old 25th July 2006
Here for the gear

Bump
Old 29th July 2006
Lives for gear

Let's try to wind this up again...

-----
Hi Terry,

Sorry I've been out of touch for so long. We had a big holiday in
America on July 4 (Independence Day) and my girlfriends surprised me
by taking me on a long vacation to Florida to sit on the beach and
drink and then party at night. We did this for 8 days and believe
me, we had a lot of fun. I wish you were there with us!

Anyway, do you still have the Pultecs? This guy in Russia hasn't
sent my $1000 back yet, but I'm still really interested in your
units. The convertors are something I could really use with my
digital crystal clock. I am ready to send the money but I don't know
if you still have the units.

Please let me know. Why don't you write me any more?

Hugs,

Nancy
Old 29th July 2006
Here for the gear

Thank you!!!!
Old 29th July 2006
Gear Nut

You were breaking my heart Nancy!!!
I'm glad you've come back.. Don't go away any more will you.. Don't ever leave me again!!!!
heh
Old 29th July 2006
Lives for gear

Guys, the letter above was something I sent to him about 3 weeks ago and he did reply:

-----
Hy there Nancy
thanks for your email,i was in holiday too, and yes i keept the pultecs for you...but we will only go further with this deal if you are ready to send the payment asap ,no delays,no problems....ok?
please send the money and the write me and DON'T FORGET to send the SCANED RECEIPT.
thanks again and it was nice to talk with you again
Terry
Old 29th July 2006
Lives for gear

I didn't reply right away, primarily because I HAVE WORK TO DO and this guy just takes a licking and keeps on ticking. But at the same time, I'd love to get a 3 way dialog going between me (Nancy), the UK scammer (Terry) and my FAKE Russian scammer (Nicholai). I've set up a separate hotmail account to handle the email between Nicholai (actually me) and the UK scammer. But first, we need to hook UK boy back in. So today I sent this...I think you'll like it:

----
Terry,

Are you still there? I'm now finally back from all of my vacations. After the Florida trip, my friends took me to the Badlands of North Dakota. It's this really cool place with rolling hills, sand dunes and lots of places to party hard with my friends. Look it up on the U.S. map. I was wishing you were there the whole time.

Anyway, the Russian guy didn't send back my money, but he has written me and sent me lots of pictures of his Pultecs. I think he might be honest. I asked my father for more money and he told me that he could give me $5000 more dollars if I really needed it. So, I'm thinking about maybe buying all four of the Pultecs. The Russian ones are the hard ones to find with the Mackie transformers and vintage Alesis attenuators. So, if you have the normal ones, I could have lots of choices. I also want to work in Surround mode, so I could use more Pultecs. Have you ever used four at one time? My Surround setup is 4:0, and when I add one of those big bass speakers, I'll finally be 4:1.

Please tell me when you are ready to ship the units if you still have them. I miss you. Can you come to the U.S.?

Hugs,

Nancy
Old 29th July 2006
Lives for gear

Resonater,
Just found this thread. Must say I'm loving it.
It does seem that UK "seller" might be tipped off by now, his responses chilled out a tad...
If I may suggest;
Quote:
Mackie transformers and vintage Alesis attenuators.
Those are easy to Google..I would not use real manufacturers name. Something like :flat wound NIoxide trannies..and negative infinty elliptical attenuators be funny.
Also, Nancy could be in love with a client rock singer,who is very protective and already booking a trip to Russia ! He could stopover in London to pick up the Pultecs !!
>>send picture of Pierrick<

Have fun..
Old 31st July 2006
Lives for gear

GUYS...WE HAVE HIT PAY DIRT! READ BELOW....
Old 31st July 2006
Lives for gear

OK...remember that a couple days ago, I wrote UK scam boy to see if we can get him back on the line after our hiatus. So this morning, I get a letter from him. It reads:

-----
Yes i still have them.And i have the ones i told you.i had a felling you will come back.Anyway we will talk only after i will see the payment sent via MoneyGram not Western Union
thanks
Old 31st July 2006
Lives for gear

Ok. So he's making it clear that we need to come up with some money here or this game is over. Fair enough. But do we want to see him leave the gearslutz board? So, as mentioned above, I got a hotmail account and called myself Nickolai, a russian scammer who is "supposedly" also trying to sell me Pultecs. So here's what Nickolai sent to UK scammer:

-------
hi my uk friend. my name is nickolai and i write you from small town outside moscow russia. do you know this stupid american girl nancy frazier? she gave me your email to make sure you are honest man. man i tell you this girl is STUPID. she send me 1000 dolars US on the western union already. no problem! she thinks i have pulltecs for sale. what stupid american! tomorrow she sends me more 5000 dolars US because i send her pictures of pulltecs from internet. she told me about you and we can work together to get all her dolars. i know her father gave her more moneys to buy gears and we need to get all that moneys. she say she tried to send you moneys on the western uion but there was problem. no problem here. and she send me pictures with no clothings on! she is a sex freak too. pictures with girlfriend making the nasty things.

but here is what you need to do. tell her i wrote you to make sure you are honest man. tell her you make sure i send the pulltecs. also tell her you have the german mikrophono by neumann i think it model m49 made in 1950s. she will buy from you this for 5000 dolars US. send her pictures of you to make good friend. then she feels you are honest. tell her to visit you and make like nice man. then you will get the moneys but we need to work together on this. lets make the dolars together m y uk friend.
Old 31st July 2006
Lives for gear

So, what will UK scammer do? Will he choose to work with Nickolai poor Nancy's "dolars US"? Or, now having fallen a bit for Nancy, will the smitten UK boy blow the whistle on Nickolai? We didn't have wait long for our answer:

-------
HY THERE NANCY
I HAVE BEEN CONTACTED BY THAT RUSSIAN SCAMMER,HERE WHAT HE SAID ABOUT YOU,THOSE UGLY THINGS.PLEASE DON'T SEND HIM NOTHING,IT WOULD BE A SHAME THAT YOU FALL AGAIN FOR THAT GUY.
I REALLY NEED MONEY HERE AND I STILL HAVE THE PULTECS SO PLEASE SEND THE MONEY TO ME.DON'T MAKE A MISTAKE.YOU KNOW A LOT OF THINGS ABOUT ME,SO I THINK YOU TRUST ME.
PLEASE EMAIL ME AND TELL ME HOW SOON YOU CAN MAKE THE PAYMENT
THANKS
Old 31st July 2006
Lives for gear

Guys, we are in uncharted territory here, playing all sides against each other. I just sent this to UK boy:

-------
Terry,

Why did you take so long to write back? When you didn't write me over the weekend, I thought you had sold the Pultecs.

Only this morning I was at Western Union to send $5000.00 more dollars to Nickolai. I think he is an honest man. Do you think he is not honest? Maybe I should go back to Western Union to get the money back. I just called and they said that he did not pick up the money yet.

Why do you think Nickolai is not honest? He sent me a lot of pictures of his Pultecs and they look like excellent condition. Some of the nicest I have ever seen. He told me he can ship immediately and I could have the units for my sessions on August 14. Are you sure he's not an honest man? I don't want to lose $5000.00 dollars.

Your friend,

Nancy
Old 31st July 2006
Lives for gear

guys, this sh*t is bananas. B A N A N A S, as they say. The emails are coming fast and furious. Nickolai just sent this one to UK boy:

--------
my uk friend, i just got angry letter from nancy frazier. why you say bad things about me? i want to work with you as partner to get all the dolars from nancy and father. do not you want to get the moneys from her? we work togehter and i get you the moneys. dont be fool here. we can work togehter and then drink the vodka and celebrating with the american dolars.

after she send me 1000 dolars, i send to nancy a bottle of russian vodka to be like friend. when she get it, she write me and say i am honest friend. she is stupid american. she told me about you. if you send her pictures or nice leters she believe you are friend and then she send you moneys fro gears. send pictures of you and friends. tell her you will vissit amerca and see then her. be friend to her and she will send the money for pulltecs and neumann microphono.

i call western union and she send me more 5000 dolars US. the bus to moscow only come on thursday so i go then to moscow to get money. this si easy like taking candy from child. lets work together and we can get the moneys from her. why you write bad things? if you smart you get moneys.
Old 1st August 2006
Lives for gear

Great to see this back in action, Resonator! Much appreciation for the entertainment!
Old 1st August 2006
Lives for gear

and the plot thickens.... this is awesome!

keep up the good work Res!!!
Old 1st August 2006
Lives for gear

BRILLIANT. BRAVO!

It is becoming a live drama. I was going to catch a movie, but ended up reading this entire thread instead!
Old 10th August 2006
Gear Addict

is it over?? laughed out loud all alone. so funny......
Old 10th September 2006
Lives for gear

bumpalumpa
Old 10th September 2006
Lives for gear

OhmyfukkingGod!!!!!

I just read this entire thread for the first time .I laughed so hard I actually fell out of my chair!!!!!!
FUKKIN' BRILLIANTheh
heh heh heh
Old 10th September 2006
Lives for gear

haha, is this still going?
Old 12th September 2006
Lives for gear

Is this over? Man I hope not this was great stuff!
Old 12th September 2006
Good work res, let's just hope that Nancy and Nicholai don't start talking to each other.
Old 12th September 2006
Gear Nut

yea this is the best read since Mixerman... cmon... any update??
Old 13th September 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantorbuzz View Post
yea this is the best read since Mixerman... cmon... any update??
I think Mr. scammer finally figured it out, too bad it was fun while it lasted
Old 13th September 2006
Gear Addict

This thread is F$§!&in Crazy!
Old 15th September 2006
Lives for gear

Guys, I never heard from scammer boy after our fake Russian started writing him.

BUT NOT TO WORRY.

WE HAVE A NEW SUCKA ON THE LINE:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ADME:B:SS:US:1

I'm starting a new thread for this one!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search