The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Guys, we got a hot scammer on the line! Audio Interfaces
Old 13th June 2006
Lives for gear

Guys, scammer boy made ANOTHER trip down to the office today and sent me this:

---

Dear Nancy,

I can't pick up the money......It's the first time in my life.....now i know what is happening....you must read the invoice from ebay carefully and follow their instruction step by step. You must go at Western Union and tell them that you want the money to be available on the site (www.westernunion.com) and tell them to give you a another scanned paper, so I can see exactly all the payment details.
If the money are available on the site and if i have all the payment details, then I can pick up the money.
I'm really sorry but this is the only way.
I'm waiting for your e-mail.

Thank you in advance for understanding.
-----

The funny thing is, if I go back to his Photoshop eBay Safe Harbor notice, it says things like this:

• Next step to be taken: The buyer must send the payment to the seller
We know that we learn every eBay member to use services such as PayPal, Escrow which are safer than Western Union Money Transfer. But is our responsability to make every option safe and tell that this seller is verified by our services and you can have all the trust in his requests.
• Payment instructions:

Western Union Money Transfer is the only service that has ultimate authentication of the identity of the receiver of funds. Several IDs and utility bills are required before the funds are paid. Therefore, no one else but your seller can pick up the money. Your payments cannot be lost in the mail, like money orders or checks.

We know that we encourage every buyer to send the money for an eBay Transaction with Paypal.This seller is an verified PayPal member but for the time we have problems with his PayPal account so he won't be able to receive payment if you pay with paypal but if you pay with Western Union we will offer you the same protection like you are paying with PayPal directly

-----
My latest reply to follow in a few minutes
Old 13th June 2006
Lives for gear

Guys, how's this? I think we can keep him going for another few days since he's instructed us to start the process all over! Let's try to get his pic. And some engineering tips from one of the UK's finest!

----
Terry,

Wow. You must be frustrated. I'm really, really sorry that I have put you through all of these trips to the office. I will go down to the office again today to get things straightened out! I want the Pultecs so badly. I have some sessions coming up with a local band on July 4, so I need them so badly by then. Nothing ever does pitch correction like the vintage Pultec. Have you tried using them as a brick wall limiter? You never told me anything about how you use them, and I know I could learn a lot from you as an engineer. Do you have any pics of your studio? I'm just starting out and learning a lot of this from guys like you. And by the way, you gotta send me your pic. I love European and British guys. The accent is always so sexy! I have dated three different guys from Europe and every one was hot hot hot. Ok, sorry, I got away from the problem.

When I went down to Western Union last week, they did ask me the reason for sending the money, and I told them an eBay auction and I guess that might be the problem, because the instructions say that I should tell them you are in my family. So that's not a problem. I feel like you are my brother now anyway. That's the funny thing. I mean, when honest people like us want to send something, it's hard because of all these criminals trying to screw people. I'm so happy you use eBay Safe Harbor, because that's the only way you know that we're both protected. I can go to the office later today after I get off work. So which Western Union office do I send it to? Do you have a contact name there? Should I send the full $6025.00 again? Are there any extra instructions I should follow?

Terry, thanks for being a good guy here with me and I'm really sorry for the problem. Hopefully when I tell them you are my family the payment will go through without a problem.

Hey, send me a pic!

Nancy
Old 13th June 2006
Gear Nut

Man I am laughing my ass off here rezonater. Ask him to whip a grand off if you show him your tits!!! Or tell him you heard from a famous engineer they are a fantastic sex toy!!heh
Old 13th June 2006
Lives for gear

This thread rules the school.
Old 13th June 2006
Gear Nut

you should devise a method to make him waste his money, like tell him if you can fedex him a box full of cash. then you ship him a turd and insure it for 6k. he should have to pay the tax on it to release the package. or something.

i dunno. i think this thread is brilliant. resonator, you are a genius.

btw pultecs are the best vocal remover/pitch shifters EVER!
Old 13th June 2006
Gear Maniac

Dude you should be a comedian...This is the S#%t.

This "boner" isn't only greedy you got em' horny!

If he won't give up the picture, tell him you think maybe you'll just change your mind...it's a woman's prerogative.
Old 14th June 2006
Gear Addict

the "reverb" on those old pultecs sure are nice, ain't they????

i like to use mine as gates for the tom toms... and to add flanging to the cortex.

keep us posted... you ought to put the whole thing together when it ends and publish it as a comic book!

bes,
rlnyc
Old 14th June 2006
Gear Maniac

One of the best reads on a forum so far... thumbsup
Old 14th June 2006
Gear Head

This thread is hilarious.

Ohh and by the way, the EQ-P1A converters are the best by far . Nothing like them.

Moses
Old 14th June 2006
Lives for gear

Don't forget to ask him for the XLR to MIDI cable for those. heh

I've always wanted to solder up some of these cables and put them on ebay just to see who would buy them. Maybe someday....
Old 14th June 2006
Lives for gear

Hey Brian:

I hate to break this to ya - but I really do have midi cables made from XLR mic cables.

I had adaptors made so that I could plug a midi cable into a mic cable & extend my midi reach.

I found the pin configuration on the net & had a local tech make up the female to midi & male to midi adaptors.

Sorry - but it's true...

SparkyCanada
Old 14th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resonater
...That's the funny thing. I mean, when honest people like us want to send something, it's hard because of all these criminals trying to screw people...
F'ing Hilarious.

I'm seriously LOL here.

Keep it coming
Old 14th June 2006
Lives for gear

Yes but that is a legitimate use, a MIDI extension cord in a sense.

I had a kid ask me (only a couple months before I graduated, way after the MIDI course) how to get the sounds from his roland sampler to his mbox 2 through the MIDI port. I just didn't know what to say.

I bet this scammer is one of those types...
Old 14th June 2006
Lives for gear

Guys, I'm hoping to get another trip to the Western Union office from scammer boy today. Let's see if this works:

---
Terry,

OK. I got up early today to get to the Western Union office. Everything was fine. The money is still there, thank God. They cancelled the old transaction and started one all the way new. I told them that you were my very dear cousin and they believed me even though our names are not the same. They told me that the new Western Union transaction number is 4833962032.

And you may need the passcode, too: 2dU4mAs9S7-UK

I did this transaction in the new Western Union office in downtown Chicago near the Sears Tower. The agent's name was Bruce Dickinson.

There are still some restrictions because of terrorists trying to attack America and do bad things to dear George W. Bush and Tony Blair and David Blaine, so it will not show on the Western Union internet site. You need to go to the office with these datas and YOU MUST HAVE YOUR PROPER ID. And please tell them that I am the daughter of your Uncle Albert (that's my dad's name).

Terry, thanks so much for your patience on this one. I haven't done a lot of business with Western Union and I've learned a lot about sending the moneys now. By the way, do you have any other equipment for sale? I'm particularly interested in other reverbs you have by Neumann or AKG. My dad had given me a budget of $10,000.00 and I've only spent $6025.00 on your Pultecs, so I still have $4000.00 to spend.

Send me a pic!

Nancy
Old 14th June 2006
Lives for gear

KInda reminds me of Some Jackass trying to soak me on a Neotek Elite console for 3,000 ... I new it was bogus because their is no way you are gonna get your hands on something like that for 3g's. Too good to be true.That and the fact that he told me he moved out of country to take a job in Spain.. I also love the generic pics he sent me as well.

Yea, Ill send you 3 grand when your girlfriend shows up and gives me lip service..
Old 14th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resonater
The agent's name was Bruce Dickinson.
Attachment 21106
LOL, I about peed my pants!! Classic!!
Old 14th June 2006
Lives for gear

Guys, we are finally getting into the good part. Here is Scammerboy's latest:

-----
've tryed to verify the transfer online and they've told me that there is no transfer.
I wast at Western Union office and they told me to come with the scanned paper. Please email me as soon as possible with the scanned paper from Western Union.I will take it and i will go with it to the Western Union Office and in this way i think that they will see that the transfer is done.
Please speak with Mr. Bruce Dickinson and confirm the transfer. I think that they are holding the transfer, i don't know for what reason , but tell them to go ahead and release the funds.
Please e-mail me soon with the scanned paper from Western Union.

Waiting for your e-mail.

Thanks!
P.S. : This is me!!! (right pic)
Attached Thumbnails
Guys, we got a hot scammer on the line!-me2.jpg  
Old 14th June 2006
Lives for gear

Let's see if we can get another trip out of him. Here's my response:

-----
Terri,

This is getting really, really strange.

I just called Mr. Bruce Dickinson and he told me to tell you this:

1) GO IMMEDIATELY TO THE WESTERN UNION OFFICE. THIS MUST BE DONE BY 3:00AM LONDON TIME WHILE HE IS STILL WORKING AT HIS OFFICE.

2) GIVE YOUR AGENT THIS VERY PRIVATE PASSCODE GENERATED BY BRUCE DICKINSON.

THE PASSCODE IS: MORCWBEL

3) REFERENCE TO MY NAME, NANCY FRAZIER, AND MY ADDRESS WHICH YOU ALREADY HAVE.

THIS MUST BE DONE BY 3:00AM LONDON TIME. If you miss the deadline, the replacement for Bruce Dickinson will be Mr. Saul Rosenberg, and his shift starts at 8:00pm Chicago time.

Mr. Dickinson totally told me that the funds were cleared by him at 7:00pm London time tonight. With the new laws, this transfer can only be confirmed and picked up in person. It won't show online until 1 week later to cut terrorism.

I love your picture. You are a very cute European. HOT! Can you ever come to America to hang out with me and my girlfriends? Or maybe I could come to London. I've always wanted to see the Buckingham Palace and eat the bangers and mash. I also like to drink a good stout ale.

Please go to the office right away and write me back when you have picked up the money. Send pictures of your studio, too!

Nancy
Old 14th June 2006
Lives for gear

Then I thought I'd add a couple more helpful tips.

----
I just spoke again to Mr. Bruce Dickinson and he told me that the other agents in his office are named Mr. Horatio Sans and Miss Rachel Drach, in case he steps out of the office. Any of these agents can help you if you call. And this is the Western Union office near the Sears Tower at the base of the Richard Hertz building.

I hope this helps us finally get the money released to you! Then we can make plans to party together!

Nancy
Old 14th June 2006
Gear Addict

This is so good.
Old 14th June 2006
Here for the gear

>>He wants me to send the unit to Texas, he's in Seattle, and has a studio in Europe... right. <<

Yeah, I've got a bicycle in Texas, but the front wheel is in El Segundo!
Old 14th June 2006
aaaaaahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaahhhhhhahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhahahahahahahahahahhhhhaaaahhhhaahahahahahaahhhhhaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahaaha
Old 14th June 2006
MDM
Gear Addict

I think , when all this is done, and he finds out that you know he's a scammer and all that, you have to make sure he gets the link to this thread !

That'd teach the bastard ! scamming people = really not nice & then he can read all this feedback and discover what an idiot he is
Old 14th June 2006
Gear Head

This is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 14th June 2006
Gear Maniac

More Cowbell - man my side hurts from laughing
Old 14th June 2006
500 series nutjob

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDM
I think , when all this is done, and he finds out that you know he's a scammer and all that, you have to make sure he gets the link to this thread !

That'd teach the bastard ! scamming people = really not nice & then he can read all this feedback and discover what an idiot he is
would we really want him around.
Old 15th June 2006
Lives for gear

I wonder what he would feel if he were to stumble upon this site...
Old 15th June 2006
Gear Addict

YOU ARE THE F*CKING MAN

I can't believe you got his pic bro. Priceless.
Old 15th June 2006
Lives for gear

David Blaine, Rachel Dratch, Horatio Sans.

cllllllllassic.
Old 15th June 2006
Lives for gear

So when are you gonna tell him the feds came to your house asking questions about illegal money transfers and terrorism, hahahaha. I bet he'd crap his pants. Tell him your lucky not to be in Guantanamo bay, tell him the only reason your not is because your uncle was one of the feds.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search