The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
My Bees Neez Tribute 1 just arrived. Condenser Microphones
Old 5th May 2012
Gear Nut

My Bees Neez Tribute 1 just arrived.

I traded in my Phelicity since I didn't use it that often (amazing mic, just not for me), in order to get a second Arabella, as I freakin love that mic and could use a stereo pair. Ben offered to upgrade it to a T1 instead for a bit more, and I couldn't resist.

It showed up yesterday in the middle of tracking vocals with a female artist that you will all know soon enough . I was using the Arabella at that moment, as it has been my favorite vocal mic I've ever had the pleasure of using. Amazing on almost everything though...

In the middle of doing takes, i couldn't resist, and I just switched out the Arabella with the T1. Then my jaw hit the floor.

I couldn't believe a mic could sound that much better. I've never used a real U47, but have heard the reviews, which was my motivation for getting the T1. The only word I can use to describe the sound.....Magical. It sounded like a "record" within seconds.

Smoother, more colorful, softer, more 3D, more "Real", more everything in a better way. Not just over the Arabella, but any mic I've used thus far.

I've only had a couple hours with it, but will be finishing this entire next record with the T1.

I'll add to this review once I've had more time with it, and I plan to use it on drums, bass cab, etc., and will report back to anyone interested.

I am just so excited and blown away that I had to share. If you need a mic and have some cash to spend, get a BEES NEEZ!!!! The T1 is their cream of the crop and worth every penny. But every mic they make, (I own the Arabella, Elly, Lulu Fet, and had a Phelicity), is utterly astounding. They are also fantastic people and they give a LIFETIME warranty.

This is a no brainer.

It feels good to make a gear purchase that exceeds your expectations.

Now I want another one for a stereo pair.

cheers,

~ C.k.
Old 5th May 2012
Gear Addict
Any chance of posting some raw clips?
Dan
Old 5th May 2012
Gear Addict
Hey! Aren't you the guy who plays with Lera Lynn?

Love a lot of her stuff...
Old 5th May 2012
Lives for gear

I'm also a Bznz fan. Great products and better people. Sounds like you are happy!
Old 5th May 2012
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by sage691 View Post
Did you have to turn your mic pre gain knob all the way up just to get the T1 to omit a measly -18dbfs signal (on the peaks !)
This is of course impossible. dbfs is a digital scale.
Old 6th May 2012
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by shobud View Post
Hey! Aren't you the guy who plays with Lera Lynn?

Love a lot of her stuff...
shobud, yes I do play with Lera Lynn. drummer, and produced the last 2 records, and the current one in production.

Using the T1 on vocals on the new record and it is stellar. HUGE sounding mic, and just sounds old, while still sounding Hi-fi. Totally In love.

I think I can post a clip of a vocal we did. Not sure how to do that though.....let me try to figure it out.
Old 6th May 2012
Gear maniac

This sounds like a good endorsement Slow Records. The T1 has always been on my list of possibilities for my one decent tube mic purchase which I've still to make.

Thanks for sharing and I look forward to hearing the sample clips.
Old 6th May 2012
Gear nut

I've got a T1 and two Arabellas and I love them all, however the T1 is certainly something special.

It doesn't have the hottest output of all the mics out there, but if someone wants to choose an inferior sounding mic because they're not happy with the level of the output, well then, um, yeah, whatever. I've recently learned that if I use the gain knob on my preamp, I can adjust for it (feel free to borrow that technique if you want).

Sadly the exchange rate isn't favourable to Americans at the moment, but that will all change soon enough. (meanwhile it's awesome going the other way, I've been buying all sorts of stuff for 25% less than a year ago)
Old 8th May 2012
Lives for gear

Look forward to hearing clips.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search