The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Band I recorded Workin it...
Old 25th May 2006
Lives for gear

Band I recorded Workin it...

So I recorded this band last year, and about midway through the mixing process they broke up… "Serious internal conflict and implosion towards the end of the recording of their debut album" syndrome… Sound familiar? I felt the project was too good to scrap just so I finished the mix and then did a little mastering job myself… all told about 30hrs extra.

I put the tracks into some helpful hands and generated a bit of label interest (RCA) right before Christmas… Then I did another project with the bassist, and all the while kept egging them all on separately to put aside their differences and to get back together and do something with their band. They’re all individually very talented, but as a group they really have something.

Half of the band moved to Nashville a few months back… well a month or so ago, the other half moved up to Nashville, they put the band back together and are starting to do some serious touring.

They have two other labels interested in them now… Sony and someone else…

I’m stoked for them… I hope they remember me when they’re big and famous… fat chance I know...

Here’s a track for you to check out…
Attached Files

08 Untimely.mp3 (4.95 MB, 643 views)

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search