The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Ryan Hewitt Rocks
Old 13th May 2006
Lives for gear

Ryan Hewitt Rocks

Spent time yesterday with Ryan Hewitt, and our very own Superburtm and Arrogant Bastard at Encore studios in Burbank.

In brief,

Superburtm was.
Arrogant Bastard wasn't.
Tonelux is quality stuff.
Ryan is the man.

Spending time in a studio with anyone of Ryan's calibre is worthwhile time. But what made this extraordinary is that Ryan is just plain great to hang with. Informative, funny and one of the most likeable human beings I've met. The guy doesn't have a pretentious bone in his body.

Really enjoyed hangin' with you dudes. Thanks to Ryan for his invitation (he does Tonelux proud) as well as Superburtm and Arrogant Bastard. If I get a chance to make it back to Encore, I'm bringing my SUV so I can take that funky Blue couch on the sidewalk home with me.

Laser
Old 13th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by laser
Spent time yesterday with Ryan Hewitt, and our very own Superburtm and Arrogant Bastard at Encore studios in Burbank.

In brief,

Superburtm was.
Arrogant Bastard wasn't.
Tonelux is quality stuff.
Ryan is the man.

Spending time in a studio with anyone of Ryan's calibre is worthwhile time. But what made this extraordinary is that Ryan is just plain great to hang with. Informative, funny and one of the most likeable human beings I've met. The guy doesn't have a pretentious bone in his body.

Really enjoyed hangin' with you dudes. Thanks to Ryan for his invitation (he does Tonelux proud) as well as Superburtm and Arrogant Bastard. If I get a chance to make it back to Encore, I'm bringing my SUV so I can take that funky Blue couch on the sidewalk home with me.

Laser

Yeah that was a real treat! Thanks Ryan

It seems like you could really build one bad ass mobile studio with the Tonelux stuff..It was great to try out the EQ's which were a bit cleaner than I expected..but seemed really, really versatile. I'd like to have some time with them at my own place for a few days to make further conclusion.

It was a blast...Too much fun...heh

Laser that couch would look mighty fine in your control roomheh
Old 14th May 2006
Lives for gear

You guys are too kind...

I'mm glad that you guys came down! It's fun to spread the love of tonelux, and always great to meet other gear nuts who are super cool! Hard to meet anyone in LA to begin with... An impromptu personal demo turned into a party!

We'll get some more demos together over the summer, so if anyone is interested, PM me and I'll keep a list of those interested. And maybe we can bust out some margaritas next time!

Cheers,

Ryan Hewitt
Old 14th May 2006
Lives for gear

Yeah, I totally dug the eqs. There were clean, maybe not as aggressive as a 550A, but were totally surgical. I wish there was a way to check out the summing. Im totally putting my order in for a rig though. The quality was definitely up there with what it costs, and I can see why someone like with skills like Ryan would fully back these products. Just gonna stop overthinking so much and get on with making great records. Thanks a lot gentlemen!
Old 14th May 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by allaccess
And maybe we can bust out some margaritas next time!

Cheers,

Ryan Hewitt
Ryan, we should have had this planned better!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search