The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
when i almost gave up on ROCK..we have something people!!!
Old 11th May 2006
Gear Maniac

when i almost gave up on ROCK..we have something people!!!

i gave up on real rock guyz.......check these guys OUT!!!! ROCKING....fun,,and about ...GUESS WHAT??????????????????.....MUZIC...WHAT AN IDEA!!!!
http://www.myspace.com/rocknrollsoldiers
Old 11th May 2006
Lives for gear

Yay! My Post # 100!

The Rock and Roll Soldiers opened for Less Than Jake at a concert at my college recently - they were awesome! They were probably my favorite group there - they were far, far better than the other opening bands and I enjoyed their show better than the main act (who was still very good).

If you get a chance to see them live - do it - they rock. They have a bit of theatrics at the show, but it is really good musicianship as well. My favorite thing about the show was their drummer, who is quite good. He makes absolutely the most incredible facial expressions I have ever seen! No words can possibly describe it - it was fabulous to watch; he got completely into every beat of what he was playing. His expressions followed the form of the song and everything.

Anyway, yes, this is a great band.

Cheers,
-MIke
Old 11th May 2006
Lives for gear

Wow.
Sounds like Strokes/Hives/Turbo Negro stylee band.
But better-er.

Cheers for the link

JR
Old 11th May 2006
Gear Maniac

celticrogues .....thats funny you mentioned the drummer!!! Im attending a wedding late Nov. in AZ..there gona play..my best friends marrying the drummer's sister!! so not only will i get a private show but im gona kick with them for the weeekend. My friend says there a riot .....plug these guys people!! There worth it!! so refreshing for rock heh
Old 12th May 2006
Lives for gear

Thats Awesome Shabo!
Enjoy and be sure to complement the drummer for me (both for his playing and his ... enthusiasm!)
And congrats to the lucky couple.

Cheers,
-MIke
Old 12th May 2006
Gear Addict

Hmmm, can't decipher from the rest of modern pop.
Thank you for the offer, alas, I must pass.
Old 12th May 2006
Lives for gear

http://myspace.com/buckcherry

Listen to "Crazy *itch"

I don't know about the rest of their songs though....but that one is awesome
Old 12th May 2006
Lives for gear

I gots to pass on this one.

We all have our own tastes, but I hear what you'er saying bout some real music. I did finally hear a band out there that will bring some life back to RnR for me, we'll see if they can come close to their fellow bands that have come from down under wolfmother check out Woman
Old 12th May 2006
Lives for gear

Yeah, I heard Wolfmother's "Woman" on the radio a week or so ago - kinda Sabbath meets Zep vibe. I like 'em!
Old 18th May 2006
Lives for gear

Yeah I like Wolfmother, at least they rock. I just find them to be a little second rate compared to their influences though. Lyrically a disaster IMO.

BUT at least they rock, and that says something in todays music climate.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search