The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
In Order to Reduce M7 Lead Times...
Old 6th September 2011
Lives for gear

In Order to Reduce M7 Lead Times...

We have added a machinist and three CNC milling machines to the Bricasti shop in Shirley MA. Surprisingly, quality machined parts are the long lead time items for many pro audio manufacturers. So, now we are doing our own metal work.

Here is a picture of the first fruit of this endeavor, just taken yesterday. These are the backsides of a group of partially completed M7 front panels.

-Casey
Attached Thumbnails
In Order to Reduce M7 Lead Times...-first_fruit.jpg  
Old 28th October 2011
Lives for gear

Just WOW...Casey!!! lot´s going on....cheers from Lüneburg, talk soon.
Old 28th October 2011
Lives for gear

Sounds like business is good!
You truly deserve to be doing well as you have a great product, great service and a great attitude!

Congrats!
Old 30th October 2011
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey View Post
We have added a machinist and three CNC milling machines to the Bricasti shop in Shirley MA. Surprisingly, quality machined parts are the long lead time items for many pro audio manufacturers. So, now we are doing our own metal work.

Here is a picture of the first fruit of this endeavor, just taken yesterday. These are the backsides of a group of partially completed M7 front panels.

-Casey
Nice Casey!!!! My dad was an experimental machinist who worked on the Apollo missions, among others. Used to BUILD parts for my motorcycles, cars, etc. on his mill and lathe in our garage (well, his shop really). He saw no reason to buy something you can build yourself. Glad to see you carry on that tradition. Seeing those big hunks of machined aluminum would make him stand up and take attention. If he was still around, he'd be making custom parts for my tape machines, console, etc.. heh Thanks for the memories.....miss him a lot. Best of luck with the new endeavors.

bp

PS - loving the M7 more and more. The only problem I have is I tend to find a patch, and stick with it cause I love it so much. I don't think I've explored 1/100th of it well yet. And it's been on at least 50 mixes so far in the last couple of months.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search