The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Behringer in movie 2012. Reverb/Delay Processors (HW)
Old 26th December 2009
Gear interested

Behringer in movie 2012.

I was watching movie 2012 two weeks ago and in some of very beginning scenes i saw something interesting.

Fun was in scene where one of main guys went to visit underground laboratory (3 km deep as i remember). There was a lot of scientific-like gear mounted in many racks. And that's where I saw Behringer gear and started to laugh. Why should these guys need Behringer gear to explore reasons why earth is getting warmer and bla bla bla...? There are some classic composers, tube composers or preamps, v-verb (?) and maybe something more.

Maybe it's interesting for you too.

Old 27th December 2009
Lives for gear

I noticed them too. How nerdy.

Terrible movie too btw IMO. I hated it. In fact I hated it so much and thought it was actually quite entertaining throughout.
Old 27th December 2009
F5D
Lives for gear

Yep, in Bourne Identity there's also alot of behringer gear. Maybe it is just that you don't need to spend much money filling racks with such gear.
Old 27th December 2009
Lives for gear

This is because of piracy

nobody goes to see films anymore so we can't enjoy the luxury of seeing real gear where it's supposed to be!
Old 28th December 2009
Lives for gear
lol chris! the public doesn't know the difference, why risk ruining precious vintage gear (like they did in early hollywood sci-fi). In fact, there was a time (12 years old) when I thought berhinger was the professional standard. I doubt 2012 is meant to entertain anybody above that age. That is behringers target market...kids with Christmas money.

Apparently Behringer can ruin movies and not just recordings!

BTW I always wondered why geological scientists and astronauts need recording gear...

Also, I found out recently that you can get an electron microscope for a couple grand. That's so cool! I wonder if there will start being pro-sumer scientific instruments! That would be RAD!
Old 28th December 2009
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by F5D View Post
Yep, in Bourne Identity there's also alot of behringer gear. Maybe it is just that you don't need to spend much money filling racks with such gear.
I've heard about this before (Behringer gear being used to fill racks in movies), and this was exactly what I was told - that it's the cheapest way for the movie makers to fill racks with electronic gear full of lights, knobs, meters, etc.
Old 31st December 2009
Lives for gear

roland emmerich - germanys most wacky filmmaker
uli behringer - germanys most wacky gear builder

matched perfectly
Old 1st January 2010
Lives for gear

I have sold 6 Avalon 747's to someone using them for a film for a set.
You would think for almost $18k they could fabricate something really interesting looking. I wonder if they ended up in the trash or maybe a warehouse after.
Old 4th January 2010
when you think about it, this is probably the best use for behringer. just sitting there looking 'scientific' to the average person. their whole business model is based on this. create average to below average products that have snazzy looking faceplates and fake VU meters to appeal to the joe schmoes of the world. if all they're good at is looking cool, then using them in a situation where they're just decoration and not actually processing audio is perfect.
Old 5th January 2010
Gear Head

I also think the movie was crap. The special effects were so overthetop that everyone watching laughed... all the time... constantly... Weird experience actually..
Old 27th February 2010
Gear Maniac

Haha, even better, there was Logic's Ultrabeat in "24" series. :D
Old 1st March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexK View Post
Terrible movie too btw IMO. I hated it. In fact I hated it so much and thought it was actually quite entertaining throughout.

That's the exact same reason I sat through The Hills Have Eyes, and The Hills Have Eyes 2. The standup on comedy central sucked that night, but I still got a pretty good laugh haha.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search