The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
A great repair tech in L.A.! Condenser Microphones
Old 2nd December 2009
Lives for gear

A great repair tech in L.A.!

If any of you ever need a repair tech in the Los Angeles area, I just have to say what pleasure it is to do business with David Brown @ Audio Technical Services (Audio Technical Services). Not only does he know his stuff up & down & sideways, his rates are more than fair, he's honest, and he'll go the extra mile to save you from an emergency situation. Best of all, he's a great guy. So, there's my endorsement... HIGHLY RECOMMENDED if you need a tech in L.A.

thumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsup (10/10 thumbs)
Old 4th October 2010
Gear interested

My review of David Brown @ Audio Technical Services

I will have to agree 100% with the last post. I've always shipped my vintage mics out for service. I spoke with David on the phone and decided to give him a try. I couldn't have had a better experience. My Neumann U67 he serviced was sicker than I thought it would be after he inspected it but it couldn't have been in better hands. He layed me the bad news but by the time it was all over, he gave me the best news ever. My mic was all good. Anyway, it sounds amazing and more importantly, it is now again reliable and can be used with confidence. He is very fair and honest. I love the fact I can drive there in person. To everyone in and around the Los Angeles area who loves to use these vintage mics as I do, better have David's contact information on your address book. I'm so happy with him, I've entrusted him to work on my akg c12 system.

thumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsup (10/10 thumbs up for me too!)

Ronnie

Last edited by RocketBaby; 4th October 2010 at 09:18 PM.. Reason: added more information
Old 13th December 2010
Gear interested

Thumbs up David Brown is an electronics genius

David Brown at Audio Technical Services has fixed things for me that other "experts" in the industry have told me could not be fixed. His service is awesome and his prices are very fair. At least give him a try and you can be sure you will use him again and again. And he didn't b.s. me or make excuses as most of the other repair people I have used do.
Old 25th February 2014
Gear nut

took my mic to david today 2/24/14

after reading this thread i'm excited to see the results David will get from servicing my M149. i may report back in a week.
Old 25th February 2014
Lives for gear
He fixed up my Gefell UM70 lighting fast (it had RF interference AND an issue with the capsule) it's been 100% ever since - Great work!
Old 2nd March 2014
Gear nut

Old 6th March 2014
Lives for gear

David is awesome!
He totally took care of my U47 fet.
He also walked me through a small U87 issue I was having.
Dude is way solid!!
Old 25th June 2014
Lives for gear

I had a problem with a Neumann TLM49 that quit working and Dave dealt with Sennheiser directly and fought my battles for me with them in trying to get the proper part. It took about 2 months to sort the entire problem out which was on Sennheisers end, not Daves! They realized they had input a wrong part number and after they rectified that, and shipped the part to Dave, he had it installed and returned to me in just a few days. His communication was just fantastic as was his attention to detail. First rate guy and first rate work. More businesses should be like his!

Thanks Dave!
Old 24th June 2015
Here for the gear

David Brown rocks the microphone repair world!

I just want all of you to know that David Brown is a great microphone repair man!
He gets the job done quickly and he is a really nice guy and has very fair pricing.
Ok full disclosure he is a friend BUT I met him when he first checked out my console then ended up rebuilding the beast. That's when we became friends.
When he works on your stuff you are going to be very pleased and you will be gaining a new friend.
[url=http://www.microphonerepair.com/]
Old 26th June 2015
Lives for gear

Old 17th August 2016
Gear Addict

I was having a noise problem on my Neumann TLM103. I checked with a few folks who do Neumann repair. All great guys. Alone among them, however, Dave mentioned that one issue could be that the innards had gotten disconnected from the mic body. I decided I could check that out. I took it apart and noted that the ground was firmly in place. I did unplug and re-seat the one plug in connection on the circuit board. This, or my general disassembly, fixed the noise problem. I appreciated that he gave me something I could check myself without having to send it in. Well, he's first on my list when I do need to send a mic in for a repair or a mod.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search