The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
First Number 1!
Old 16th November 2009
First Number 1!

I was the tracking engineer/pro tools guy on this record...

YouTube - DI-RECT - Times Are Changing (Official Video)

...currently number 1 in the dutch charts..mastered by 24-96 (who did an excellent job)...and tracked at the fantastic Motor Museum in Liverpool!

Just thought I'd share!
Old 16th November 2009
Gear Addict

CONGRATS! Love ta hear it!
Old 16th November 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeWeeGee View Post
CONGRATS! Love ta hear it!
follow the youtube link! it's also on iTunes...
Old 16th November 2009
Gear Guru

Nicely done! Congrats geezer!!! heh
Old 16th November 2009
Lives for gear

Pretty good. Well done on the #1
Crikey, it's a band with proper musicians. Whatever next? heh
Old 16th November 2009
Old 16th November 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lute View Post
Pretty good. Well done on the #1
Crikey, it's a band with proper musicians. Whatever next? heh
haha...yep, no beat detective, no autotune, and bass/drums/rhythm guitars tracked live! to tape!

thanks all!
Old 17th November 2009
Lives for gear

I know DI-Rect good. Its was (and still is) a very good dutch pop/rock band. There singer has left the band some months ago and they searched in style like x-factor a new singer. I followed the whole tv-show and it was really great and funny. They tested the new lead singers on how funny they can be after a gig, there drinking / rock ability, how they handle pressure from the press, interviews etc etc, and of course there voices.

All in all a great record men. First time I heard on the dutch radio I was like wtf damn clean sound for Di-Rect but it still rocking.
thumps up men

BTW was Spike (frans) dressed in black durring the sessions and sober or what? That guy is so fun to make music with. Played with him in Amsterdam one's when I still lived in the Netherlands.
Old 17th November 2009
Jam
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_monkey View Post
I was the tracking engineer/pro tools guy on this record...

YouTube - DI-RECT - Times Are Changing (Official Video)

...currently number 1 in the dutch charts..mastered by 24-96 (who did an excellent job)...and tracked at the fantastic Motor Museum in Liverpool!

Just thought I'd share!
Well done !! Keep it up.

James
Old 17th November 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMauce View Post
I know DI-Rect good. Its was (and still is) a very good dutch pop/rock band. There singer has left the band some months ago and they searched in style like x-factor a new singer. I followed the whole tv-show and it was really great and funny. They tested the new lead singers on how funny they can be after a gig, there drinking / rock ability, how they handle pressure from the press, interviews etc etc, and of course there voices.

All in all a great record men. First time I heard on the dutch radio I was like wtf damn clean sound for Di-Rect but it still rocking.
thumps up men

BTW was Spike (frans) dressed in black durring the sessions and sober or what? That guy is so fun to make music with. Played with him in Amsterdam one's when I still lived in the Netherlands.
Thanks - I've not actually seen anything of the TV show (although I was very aware of it of course - we actually mixed the track with both singers (and the video was done with both too), and 4 days before they still hadn't decided which one to go with!

Spike was great - really good player, good fun - and the new keyboard player vince is a great guy too - very dry sense of humour, and a nice line in scratch lyrics!
Old 18th November 2009
Hope I'm not too late to join the party... where's the bar?
Old 18th November 2009
Great Psycho Mono!!!!!!
Old 18th November 2009
PS: Thanks for the great recording & mix mr. monkey! Awesome work; was a joy to master.
Old 18th November 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24-96 Mastering View Post
PS: Thanks for the great recording & mix mr. monkey! Awesome work; was a joy to master.
Can't take credit for the mix - well maybe the odd change here or there! Mr Lewis was the star there....as for being late to the party, we had a belated celebration last night!

Today wasn't much fun though!
Old 19th November 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_monkey View Post
Can't take credit for the mix - well maybe the odd change here or there! Mr Lewis was the star there....
Aw, you're just humble. You assisted him in the mix session, right? Anyway, great job. Wonder if it'll turn golden.
Old 19th November 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24-96 Mastering View Post
Aw, you're just humble. You assisted him in the mix session, right? Anyway, great job. Wonder if it'll turn golden.
*Blushes* here's to hoping!
Old 26th November 2009
well done!!!!

here's wishing all the best from here: up up all the way now!!!
Old 26th November 2009
oh bloody hell, i love that song!!!!!
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear