The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Launched Our New Website!
Old 11th November 2009
Lives for gear

Launched Our New Website!

After years of being embarrassed by our awful tacky site (complete with moving .gifs), the new Jupiter Studios site went live today! I'm so excited!

We have always been the first studio that pops up if you type "St Louis Recording" in Google and we were constantly hearing from clients about how bad our site was.

After over a year of work, here it is!

Jupiter Studios Home

I welcome any criticism/ comments.. I didn't make the site but I would forward any suggestions to our web guy.

And I just realized this may come off as an advert. If it gives out that vibe, I will gladly delete this post.

Oh... One last edit.. Only the "Audio" portion of the site is done (but what else would you guys care about anyway )
Old 11th November 2009
Lives for gear

Site looks OK. I clicked on most of the buttons and they worked. Good job

Not so sure about living on Locust Street though heh
Old 11th November 2009
Gear Maniac

web site looks really good! and the studios look great too.
only thing that kinda shocked me was the pay scale for your in-house engineers. $10 to $15/hour with your top engineer making $20/hour??
Ouch! I guess I'm not familiar with the cost of living in your area, but that seems very low.
Old 11th November 2009
Lives for gear

Looks sharp!

Definitely has that web-design firm vibe, better than most studio sites I've seen!
Old 13th November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Suitcase View Post
Looks sharp!

Definitely has that web-design firm vibe, better than most studio sites I've seen!
Thanks a lot... I like your site too. It's amazing how many really nice studios have really bad sites tho, isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRose View Post
only thing that kinda shocked me was the pay scale for your in-house engineers. $10 to $15/hour with your top engineer making $20/hour??
Ouch! I guess I'm not familiar with the cost of living in your area, but that seems very low.
Well.. I'll grant that the cost of living here in St. Louis is pretty low.. It's definately not LA, but yeah...

As one of those in house engineers you are talking about, yeah the pay sucks ... I guess the trade off is making your own hours, having a full time secretary do all the booking/money collecting/phone answering and of course working at a studio full time and getting to work on a few pretty big projects that you may not have gotten the opportunity to work with had you not been a staff engineer here.... a few movies, corporate stuff, jingles and a bunch of other things that I would've never gotten on my own, plus all the experience that comes with it. Oh... and I should mention they are trying to set up health insurance for us through the studio, so that will be nice...

I guess it just shows the state of the music industry... Besides, there is a line of 1,000+ kids here in town that would LOVE to take our place...

Anyway... this thread is about the site and not what we make. I kinda wish that info wasn't on the site. Thanks for looking around the new site and for your comments tho.
Old 21st January 2010
Gear Maniac

Thumbs up I totally understand

seems like I don't get email notifications anymore, something must be wrong with my settings.
So yeah I totally understand, and as you said there are probably over 1000 kids who would love to get your gig. You said it best! You get to work with some cool projects and make your own hours. I think it's great and I wish you and the studio a lot of success, the website looks great!
Old 21st January 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRose View Post
seems like I don't get email notifications anymore, something must be wrong with my settings.
Something is indeed screwy with the email notifications.... Sometimes I get 'em, sometimes I don't.
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear