The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Benchmark converters
Old 11th May 2003
Moderator emeritus

Benchmark converters

I feel the need to publicly thank David Seymour for graciously providing me with a stack of Benchmark converters for the project I just finished - 2 channels or A/D's and a whopping 26 channels of D/A's, including a DAC-1. Bob Olhsson provided another 4 channels of Benchmark A/D's as well as HIS DAC-1.

The project was mixed out of Pro Tools, with the AES outputs of 888/24's feeding inputs of the Benchmark rack system D/A's. The analog signals went into the console and on to the outboard gear. The mix was multed to two paths - identical except that one path went thought a Vari-Mu and the other didn't - and into 4 channels of Benchmark A/D's to a storage format of TASCAM DA-78's at 24 bit 44/1k.

The sound of the Benchmark gear was fabulous, and Dave Seymour made it possible. He's a nice guy, too.
Old 14th May 2003
Lives for gear

Dave,

It was honestly my pleasure. Nothing like listening to real music for a change. If anyone is reading this, buy the Time Jumpers record when it comes out. You can't help but smile while listening to their music.
Old 14th May 2003
Gear Maniac

When will we see a Benchmark converter for the new iPods?
Old 14th May 2003
Lives for gear

I would totally love to do that!! I think that Ipods are the coolest thing going and I'd love to have a pro daw that would fit into that form factor. It think that power consumption might be an issue, thoughheh
Old 16th May 2003
Motown legend

I should add that all of the musicians said that the sound was spectacular including some serious analog lovers.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear