The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Great Service: Christian Whitmore at ProAudioTubes
Old 6th August 2009
Gear Addict

Great Service: Christian Whitmore at ProAudioTubes

The noise floor of my Vipre increased significantly indicating a need for new tubes. Per a previous GS thread, I found out about ProAudioTubes and bought some NOS tubes for this preamp. Christian was extremely helpful and detailed concerning the options--RCA, Brimar, Telefunken etc.

So, contact him if you're in the market for some tubes.

[email protected]
Old 6th August 2009
Gear Nut

I thought you were making reference to a certain TV show...
Old 6th August 2009
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJulius View Post
I thought you were making reference to a certain TV show...
Ha! Yeah, changed the subject line. Thanks for pointing that out. . .
Old 6th August 2009
Lives for gear

I was unhappy with the performance of my Microphone with both a 6072a and a 12ax7, one had too much gain the other too little and too much self noise. When I described the problem to him he picked a tube series I had never heard of that had the characteristics I was after and he was dead on!
He also hooked me up with a perfect Mullard tube for a distortion pedal. Couldn't have been happier.
Old 6th August 2009
Lives for gear

I have a couple Telefunken tubes on the way from Christian for the front end of my LA 610's. He was indeed helpful.

Bryant - Hames Music
Old 18th August 2009
Lives for gear

I couldn't be more satisfied with the tube he sent me (wonderfully packed and protected) to upgrade my preamp !
Old 18th December 2012
Gear Addict

Great service/selection

Recently contacted Christian Whitmore AKA Bowie at ProAudioTubes about replacing the stock tubes in a new UA Solo-610. The pre worked OK for bass and low frequency sources, but was kinda choked, dull and rolled-off above 500Hz. Since I already had a TAB V71 (with NOS Telefunkens), I wanted to try NOS American tubes to get a contrasting sound.

Mr. Whitmore was extremely informative, prompt, and seemed like he really cared about my getting the exact sound I was after. His prices are also very reasonable. I decided on two GE-manufactured tubes, recommended by the seller. As soon as I made the PayPal payment, I received the tracking number, and they went out the same/next day.

I am very happy with the sound of my Solo-610 now. The pre is an entirely different beast now! Not only can it now go toe-to-toe with the TAB as a bass DI, but it is now a great all-around tube mic pre. It still has nice big bottom, only now the hi mids are detailed and pretty, and the highs are nice and clear.

Next time I need a tube for anything, I know where I will go first.

Old 19th December 2012
Nothing but good things to say about this guy, highly recommended!
Old 28th June 2016
Gear Maniac

Thumbs up Great Service!

I also bought tubes from Christian recently for a couple DIY LA2A's I'm building. Absolute top quality customer service. This guy is the real deal 'good guy' who cares more about helping folks than anything else so please consider supporting him by considering him for your tube needs. The audio community needs to keep guys like him in business!
Old 9th September 2016
Lives for gear
is there a website for Christians tubes? or a contact email or number?

Thanks
Old 14th October 2017
This guy is legendary! He's been getting me telefunkens, RCAs, mullards, GE, etc for the last 5+ years. Really phenomenal customer service, and a knack for describing accurately the subtle sound differences. Seems like he knows all the tube outboard and the options that work best.
Old 19th January 2018
Here for the gear

Christian Whitmore is the last of a breed. As owner of an all-analog studio, we have used Christian for years buying tubes for all of our vintage and current tube gear purchasing very old NOS tubes that I didn't know still existed. And he gives you many options and help without expecting anything from you. He just loves helping folks that use tubes.

Not only is he honest, he will help you within any budget you can afford and make whatever you own, sound better. Period.
No One is Better. [email protected] if you need his help.
Old 20th February 2019
Here for the gear
I just had a terrific buying experience with Christian Whitmore. The man just genuinely cares about your sound and his selection of vintage tubes is impressive.

He recommended the right tube upgrades for my mics and preamps with great detail about the different sonic characteristics. Each tube performed exactly like he said it would. Dead on. Very low noise floor too. They were packaged very carefully and the price was right. I’ll definitely be consulting [email protected] for all my future tube purchases.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search