The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Finally! My first album and my first band website!
Old 9th August 2005
Lives for gear

Finally! My first album and my first band website!

Hi all- I've been dying to show the great people on this forum my latest goings-on for a while now, but my musical compatriots have made me restrain myself until our band's website was active. Well, we're finally online, and now, if you guys don't mind, I'd love to share with you what I consider to be the first truly great work of my career as a recording musician, singer, and songwriter. A bunch of you have heard my early stuff, and I'm very proud still of all of the songs I've ever shown to our lil' gearslutz group for review, but I've never been more happy with any finished product in my life than the album which you can listen to at our website: www.arizonatheband.com

For the interested, this album was written and recorded in 5 days. The "studio" was a Crane Song Spider/CubaseSX 2.2 rig at heart, using a Wunder Audio C12 for vocals/guitar, a Soundelux iFet-7 for electric guitar, the Soundelux and an Audix D6 for kick, a bunch of cheapo's for the toms, a 57 for snare, earthworks TC-30k's for overheads. We used a Wunder Audio PEQ-1 for direct-in electric bass, and also used the TC-30k to mic the bass cabinet (an Epifani 3x10). We also employed a great river mp2nv, and a pair of distressors with all the fixings.

Most of what you hear on these tracks is first takes; the opening track's first minute or so is the first time I played/sung that part outloud, believe it or not (that opening bit really gave birth to the rest of the record, it was all there). A lot of the vocals were tracked at the same time, to the same track as the acoustic rhythm guitar tracks to get a really fresh, "this is happening now" sound.

Anyway, I hope that some of you like the record- I'm very proud of it, and so are the other guys in the band. If you do like it, there is a link right on the front page to our pay pal site- the record is just 5 dollars, shipping included- we've had a grand total of ONE order since the site went live last night, so now's your chance to be Arizona's first customers ;-) hehe, jk- just enjoy the music, and if you can, drop us a line to let us know what you think.

Ben
www.arizonatheband.com

ps. this session would have been much less vibey had we not had some gear sent to us by Mike at Wunder Audio just before the recording date. We very eagerly ended up purchasing the PEQ-1 after hearing what it did on bass guitar, vocals, and a lot of the little overdubbed trinkets on the record. Mike is the first gear manufacturer to let us audition his pieces in our recording environment, and having his great gear at our finger tips was one of the key factors in the success of this recording.
Old 9th August 2005
Lives for gear

Great work Ben! thumbsup

All the best!
Old 9th August 2005
Gear Nut

Hey man, like the music. Great voice, who's singing??? Keep it up. Might purchase a copy.

David
Old 9th August 2005
Lives for gear

Tim,

Glad you like it :-) Thanks

Dave,

Thanks for listening. I'm one of two singers in the band, I do probably about 65% of the singing on this record- the first track, the end of the second track, the third track, and the end of the fourth track (that huge choir section). I'm also on guitar and piano. Nick Campbell, formerly of an Atlanta band called Yellow and Green, plays the drums on the album (we have a drummer now named Matthew J Cozin) as well as guitar and vocals, and our bassist, Alex Hornbake, does the majority of the session technical work. The album was recorded in the living room of the house I grew up in, and it was a really crazy experience. If you bought a copy, you'd be person #2 to do so :-)
Old 9th August 2005
Gear Nut

Well I just bought it. Look forward to hearing it properly at home when it arrives in a week or so. $5.00 man, don't sell yourselves short. That equates to £2.88 - the average independant CD over here is £8 - £10. But then we are over priced. Will pass it round my friends aswell. Thanks for making it.

David
Old 10th August 2005
Lives for gear

Guess I'm #3 thumbsup Sounds killer, and I agree that $5 is too cheap... Unless it's a cdr... Nice work...
Old 10th August 2005
Lives for gear

It's anything but a CDR- really nice album packaging that we really labored over. I have the original painting on my wall right next to me right now :-D Not trying to get rich, just get the music out there and do it right - hope you like the disc guys!

So, thinking about it, I think we're going to start charging 6$ - 1$ for each song/packaging costs and 1$ for shipping - that seems fair to us. How about to you guys?

So... for the record, this is the last few days that we'll offer them for 5$, so if anyone else would like to have an original copy of the first run of these CDs... ;-)
Old 22nd August 2005
Gear Nut

Hi Guys, permitting tomorrows mail, I still haven't recieved my CD. Not a big deal really, just hope it isn't lost! Any way I check on it????

Cheers.
Old 22nd August 2005
Lives for gear

Hey amigo! The mail should be getting there soon, but it went out a little late- there is a letter in the package that should explain it. I'm just the singer/guitarist and I am the first to admit that I am totally ignorant of the packaging process that my bassist set up- but basically, our other singer/guitarist was trying to assemble the package and thought for some reason that he couldn't get the paid-postage program we use to adjust to a UK-destined package. A few days later, he told the bassist about this, who very simply clicked on a button in a dialogue box on the program and got it to work, and smacked our other guitar player gingerly in the back of the head ;-) So it's offset by a few days, but should get there soon. You're getting the first copy in all of Europe, so I hope you like it! :-)

Ben
Old 23rd August 2005
Lives for gear

Hey BattleAngel,

Great work, nice songs and of course that Carr amp is the business!!

Thanks for the PM I ordered the Carr it should be here this week!

Well done bro, hope it does well for you.

Peace

DD
Old 23rd August 2005
Lives for gear

Thanks again, Dave :-) The Carr is indeed mighty- I'd really like to get their Slant6 for live use.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search