The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Signed the lease, paid the deposit...oh crap now the hard work really begins!
Old 23rd August 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichT
You need to fill something with Rockwool? Who ya gonna call? Rockwool man!
You gotta be listening to the Beasty Boys !

INTERGALACTIC...

ANOTHER DIMENTION !!!

(Rich T body-pops)
Old 25th August 2005
Lives for gear

The last couple of days we've continued cladding the external wall with more 9mm plasterboard to start with. We've all agreed this is the most boring part so far though I enjoy getting jiggy with the acoustic sealant gun.

Have bought the air conditioning units for the building. Two ex-military 'Portable' (these things weigh 42 stone each!) Air Conditioning units. They're rated at 24,000 BTU each and these babies cool and heat from -20 to +55 degrees C. Alright!

See more info here: http://www.eipl.co.uk/Websites/UK/pac20.htm

More news, we lost our senior building advisor Des yesterday, he headed back to Cumbria for a rest and to build a conservatory. He'll be back in a month for more punishment studios stylee.
Attached Thumbnails
Signed the lease, paid the deposit...oh crap now the hard work really begins!-des-goes-home.jpg  
Old 25th August 2005
Lives for gear

That same day our replacement for Des arrived heh
Attached Thumbnails
Signed the lease, paid the deposit...oh crap now the hard work really begins!-des-replacement.jpg  
Old 25th August 2005
Lives for gear

Some random silly picture of Mark using the drill as a gun type thing. How droll.
Attached Thumbnails
Signed the lease, paid the deposit...oh crap now the hard work really begins!-lock-n-load.jpg  
Old 25th August 2005

you want a hand rich?
Old 25th August 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolskid
you want a hand rich?
Dude, if you wanna get your hands dirty for a day just drop on by! Would be much appreciated!

thumbsup
Old 25th August 2005
Lives for gear

And this is how we ended today. Rehearsal room 2's 9mm plasterboard up and ready to be sealed.
Attached Thumbnails
Signed the lease, paid the deposit...oh crap now the hard work really begins!-more-cladding.jpg  
Old 25th August 2005
Lives for gear

Off topic: Had a parcel when I got home tonight, a t-shirt I ordered a while back, finally arrived!
Attached Thumbnails
Signed the lease, paid the deposit...oh crap now the hard work really begins!-delivery-when-i-got-home.jpg  
Old 28th August 2005
Gear Nut

Quote:
you want a hand rich?
If you can give me a lift Emre, I'm in too!
Old 28th August 2005
Lives for gear

Ok, so the last couple of days have been pretty damn dull. We've just been measuring, cutting and sticking up plasterboard for what seems like years. We hope by Tuesday next week to have started on the frame for rehearsal room 2.

We met up with the builder on Saturday, he's going to be responsible for building the mezzanine floor extension. Looks like he'll be coming in within the next few weeks, this is good news.

We've clad the first of the two giant cables that hold up the building - originally when you hit the cable it would play a chilling bottom C that would resonate for several minutes . Now if hit it goes 'plop' and that's it. Excellent!
Attached Thumbnails
Signed the lease, paid the deposit...oh crap now the hard work really begins!-metal-cable-clad.jpg  
Old 28th August 2005
Lives for gear

Sticking up plasterboard can get pretty messy, Mark and I managed to capture a couple of 'money' shots. Oh the embarassment.
Attached Thumbnails
Signed the lease, paid the deposit...oh crap now the hard work really begins!-moneyshots.jpg  
Old 28th August 2005
Lives for gear

And this is the state we left the place in over the weekend. Just a few more boards to go up and be sealed.

Next week, more framing and the air con units should arrive. Woot!
Attached Thumbnails
Signed the lease, paid the deposit...oh crap now the hard work really begins!-latest-state.jpg  
Old 28th August 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichT
Sticking up plasterboard can get pretty messy, Mark and I managed to capture a couple of 'money' shots. Oh the embarassment.
you do make e-cues life very easy rich....
Old 28th August 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
you do make e-cues life very easy rich....
Hahaha Yeah I guess so.

heh
Old 31st August 2005
Lives for gear

The last couple of days have moved as fast as treacle. We were lucky to have a helping hand in the form of our friend Joe from the band Jets Vs Sharks.

I'm not sure what power tools do to us guys, but it's something primal.
Attached Thumbnails
Signed the lease, paid the deposit...oh crap now the hard work really begins!-our-crazy-friend-joe-jets.jpg  
Old 31st August 2005
Lives for gear

We finally finished up the back wall area, sealed and ready to rock...wool.
Attached Thumbnails
Signed the lease, paid the deposit...oh crap now the hard work really begins!-another-sealed-wall.jpg  
Old 31st August 2005
Lives for gear

And late at night, with some smooth jazz on the site stereo I go to town with the rockwool...
Attached Thumbnails
Signed the lease, paid the deposit...oh crap now the hard work really begins!-more-rockwool.jpg  
Old 31st August 2005
Lives for gear

Finally done! Time to head home to bed.
Attached Thumbnails
Signed the lease, paid the deposit...oh crap now the hard work really begins!-rockwool-done.jpg  
Old 31st August 2005
Lives for gear

And today we started on the framework to Rehearsal Room 2.
Attached Thumbnails
Signed the lease, paid the deposit...oh crap now the hard work really begins!-2nd-room-frame-goes-up.jpg  
Old 2nd September 2005
Lives for gear

Just been watching more of the US hurricane tragedy on TV, makes our studio building seem very unimportant in the grand scheme of things. All the best to those still hanging in there. thumbsup

Sooo, the electric cable is being run in rehearsal room 1, it's pretty hard to see in the pic but it's there in grey and harmonised colours as per regulations.
Attached Thumbnails
Signed the lease, paid the deposit...oh crap now the hard work really begins!-electric-cables-go-.jpg  
Old 2nd September 2005
Lives for gear

Rehearsal Room 2 is taking shape slowly...
Attached Thumbnails
Signed the lease, paid the deposit...oh crap now the hard work really begins!-2nd-room-taking-shape.jpg  
Old 2nd September 2005
Lives for gear

Back door frame of rehearsal room 2 is up...
Attached Thumbnails
Signed the lease, paid the deposit...oh crap now the hard work really begins!-room-2-back-door.jpg  
Old 8th September 2005
Lives for gear

Hey RichT we need new pics!!!

BTW if you about to ad some absorbers to your studio and you are in germany or europe check out CARUSO-ISO-BOND!!
This stuff does absorb very well down to 200Hz and if you want some thing better you will have to spend a lot more.
A 120x65x15cm sheet CARUSO-ISO-BOND is around 16€.

Here is thegerman site.
Old 8th September 2005

sorry rich - totally caught up in sessions still!!!! Will be down ASAP!!!! sorry again!!
looking cool man - you're crazy....
Old 8th September 2005
Lives for gear

Hey guys,

I've been tied up in a recording session the last five days so haven't been documenting the progress.

I'll take pictures tomorrow morning, apparently we have two rooms fully studded out and some walls going up.

Tonight I judged a battle of the bands contest at the big local venue here and they gave me free beer. To say I'm a bit drunk is an understatement!

heh
Old 8th September 2005
Gear Maniac

Looking great! Can't wait to see some pictures after 5 days of work...

What exactly is rockwool and what does it do?
Old 8th September 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutmeg II.
Hey RichT we need new pics!!!

BTW if you about to ad some absorbers to your studio and you are in germany or europe check out CARUSO-ISO-BOND!!
This stuff does absorb very well down to 200Hz and if you want some thing better you will have to spend a lot more.
A 120x65x15cm sheet CARUSO-ISO-BOND is around 16€.

Here is thegerman site.
They look snuggly...

Old 8th September 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sender
Looking great! Can't wait to see some pictures after 5 days of work...

What exactly is rockwool and what does it do?
Me neither! heh

Rockwool is absorbtion (is that even english?). Its called something different over in the States I think but here's the tech info:

http://www.rockwool.co.uk/sw48827.asp

Cheers

Rich
Old 8th September 2005
Lives for gear

The Air Con units arrived today...
Attached Thumbnails
Signed the lease, paid the deposit...oh crap now the hard work really begins!-aircon-arrives.jpg  
Old 8th September 2005
Lives for gear

Needed to cover them up to protect them from the dust flying around this place!
Attached Thumbnails
Signed the lease, paid the deposit...oh crap now the hard work really begins!-aircon-gets-covered-up.jpg  

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search