The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
1'st impression Great River and Distressor
Old 18th July 2005
Lives for gear

1'st impression Great River and Distressor

Just got 'em in. I recorded a track yesterday with a client of mine and they sounded amazing. I had done 9 other songs with him (all acoustic/vocals only) thru my old rig (Dragonfly, 6176) and as you may have seen from my other post the Dragonfly just died so I returned it and got a AT 4040 (and the URS "a" series and MCDSP Compressorbank LE as weel as a pair of AKG cans). Listening in the car (real world)to the finished mixes the first 9 songs still sound great (I did like that 6176 no matter what people say about the lack of headroom...it worked for me). Then the track that I did yesterday with the new rig came on...wow...hefty lows without being muddy and a very smooth and even response all the way to the top end. Even with a cheaper mic this rig won hands down. I am getting that extra low end phat that I could never get before with API, 9098's, Summits or the 6176. I used the distressor with the distortion 3 setting in opto mode for vox and different attack/release times for the guitar. I am happy. The 4040 is very nice as well. The guys at the store said that they had seen a few other Blue mics come back dead so when I heard that I made up my mind to try a different mic this time. I am going to get a Geffel m930 next time for a "daddy" mic so I figured this would hold me over and still be usefull when I get the big boy. I am very impressed with the Mic Pre and the rest. I will post a review in a few week when I really know the nuances but right away I was very blown away. How do you post songs up here? I could let you guys here 2 songs...one with each rig. Later...more waffles to make...
Old 19th July 2005
Gear Addict

Can you PLEASE pass me a waffle ? I´m starving.

To upload a tune use the "manage attachments"-button on the reply-screen.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search