The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
What Audio Company Would You Buy with an Unlimited Budget?
Old 18th June 2005
Gear Addict
What Audio Company Would You Buy with an Unlimited Budget?

SAE buys Neve, Peter gabriel buys SSL.

So if you had money dripping out of your pockets, which company would you purchase? Can't decide which mic pre, buy Harmon. Don't know which microphone to get, buy Sennheiser/Neumann or maybe Microtech Gefell. Are you politically consious? Buy Beringer and pay royalties to all the designers and raises to the asian workers.
Old 18th June 2005
Lives for gear

I'd buy Fender and I'd slim down the line to about 3 Strat and Tele models each.

Andi

www.doorknocker.ch
Old 18th June 2005
Lives for gear

I´d buy cranesong !!! and tell them to built a console with 16 wunder peq1´s, 8 api pre/eqs & a 16 highquality line-ins with full channel specs. (for add. outboard ...V72 & V76s etc.) + 16 stereo-ins straight into the summing bus. ... full DAW integration (aws900 style incl. analog+daw meters and HiQ motorfaders)
12 assignable channel comps (trakkers ) and an STC8 & 2 more inserts built into the 2bus. serious sends/aux/routing options
and of course a mastering-grade master/monitor/cue section....with a big green stepped attenuator as output-fader

man, I´d be happy......

okay back to work...
Old 18th June 2005
There is only one

id buy real estate.
Old 18th June 2005
Lives for gear

I'd buy Digidesign just so I could blow up the Deathstar....
Old 18th June 2005
Lives for gear

I'd buy Tim from Buzz as a personal slave.
He would have to build me a big console. 56channels inline - motorised faders - total recall - Buzz Ma2.2 pres - mpe eq - soc comp in every channel.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Jo
Old 18th June 2005
Lives for gear

this was company only !!

I´d always get the real estate first, too ...... sitting in the living room doing some future No.1 hits on my G5 only....not caring about any big audio pimpin...

from the No1 - $$$ I´d get my cranesong console built
Old 18th June 2005
Gear Addict

I would buy Behringer and then destroy it
Old 19th June 2005
Gear Addict

I'd buy API. Great sounding rock consoles.
Old 21st June 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by studjo
I'd buy Tim from Buzz as a personal slave.

Tim, I'll tripple whatever Jo offers ...... heh
Old 21st June 2005
Lives for gear

Oh and I think I would buy Steinberg back from yamaha ... I want ownership of Nuendo ...
Old 21st June 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by De chromium cob
I'd buy Digidesign just so I could blow up the Deathstar....
Same here. Buy Digi. And make PT's completely crossplatform compatible with direct import and export to Nuendo.
As well as make their controllers useable for third paryt companies.
Stop making upgrades to the sowtware
And then watch that abomination of a software package die.
Old 21st June 2005
Lives for gear

you'd waste it like that?

be a man, buy Steinberg and beat digi fair and square. isn't that what you alway say about Gates, that he beat Jobs??
Old 21st June 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew
you'd waste it like that?

be a man, buy Steinberg and beat digi fair and square. isn't that what you alway say about Gates, that he beat Jobs??
Absolutetly.
I would stop encrypting the session files so 3rd party developers could build import and export software. Allowing people again to be allowed to choose what they want to use. Instead of being forced because of the closed system developed by Digi.
Old 21st June 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henchman
Absolutetly.
I would stop encrypting the session files so 3rd party developers could build import and export software. Allowing people again to be allowed to choose what they want to use. Instead of being forced because of the closed system developed by Digi.
pathetic.

so people can't choose now? you chose Nuendo, i chose Mac over Windows.
Old 22nd June 2005
Lives for gear

I'd buy Gibson, avert Henry from running it into the ground, scrap all the crapass models, and design an accurate 1959 LP RI that puts all the Max's, Derrigs, Tokais, Keeblers, and other knockoffs into the bad memory department.

And I'd buy Behringer and force them to pay back all the little guys they ripped designs from.

I'd buy Guitar Center and turn it into a 24-hour drive-through store for picks, strings, drum heads, sticks, and other accessories. Service in under 5 minutes.

Then I'd sell all that and donate big chunks of cash to schools to re-instate school music programs, as well as funding a few all-ages clubs where bands can easily get gigs and build an audience.
Old 22nd June 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Absolutetly.
I would stop encrypting the session files so 3rd party developers could build import and export software. Allowing people again to be allowed to choose what they want to use. Instead of being forced because of the closed system developed by Digi
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew

pathetic.

So, true cross platform compatability is pathetic?

Please explain.
Old 23rd June 2005
Lives for gear

I'd buy Digidesign, then I'd sell off M-Audio to buy AMS-Neve from SAE. Then I'd put eight of those new 1073's in every Digi002 (and somehow I'd work in eight-in and eight-out of Lavry's converters) and keep the price under $1500.
Old 23rd June 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by max cooper
I'd buy Digidesign, then I'd sell off M-Audio to buy AMS-Neve from SAE. Then I'd put eight of those new 1073's in every Digi002 (and somehow I'd work in eight-in and eight-out of Lavry's converters) and keep the price under $1500.

I see. So you would bankrupt the company by selling hardware below manufacturing cost.

That's a good way to dit also.

heh
Old 23rd June 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
I see. So you would bankrupt the company by selling hardware below manufacturing cost.

That's a good way to dit also.

heh
Well, it's a fairly ridiculous idea, so the first thing that came to mind was a ridiculous answer.

I actually don't think I'd ever buy an audio company, no matter what.
Old 24th June 2005
Lives for gear

I would pick..

MONSTER CABLE!!!

YAH YAH YAH!
Old 24th June 2005
Lives for gear

I'd buy Rupert Neve's new company after he finishes the current line of products he has laid out.

I'd buy Antares

I'd buy Cakewalk.

I'd buy the software division of UA.

I'd buy Lynx.
Old 24th June 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by faeflora
I would pick..

MONSTER CABLE!!!

YAH YAH YAH!

aditional to that buy microsoft and behringer and let them die ...

...peace on earth the next 200 years

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search