The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Stream the new Billy Corgan
Old 16th June 2005
Lives for gear

Stream the new Billy Corgan

http://www.myspace.com/billycorgan

And i have a feeling there will be some interesting reactions to this.
Old 16th June 2005
I LOVE all this streaming sh!t!

The heads up posts are MUCH appreciated!!!!!
Old 16th June 2005
Gear Guru

Does Billy's voice sound more nasal/whiney than usual or is it me?
Maybe I'm just getting old..
Old 16th June 2005
Lives for gear

I don't think so at all! I think it sounds great in this context and that he's finally found the music for his voice.

but they do list one of the genres as "emo".
Old 16th June 2005
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by XHipHop
but they do list one of the genres as "emo".

Thats strange
Old 16th June 2005
His last project Zwan was odd - it was a sort of 'happy clappy' children's rock. Let's colour in with Billy and the smilie nice girl on bass. The TV promotion appearances they did were odd, there is nothing wrong with smiling, and it's a good contrast to the miserable car theif scowl we get from Oasis here in the UK - but Zwan seemed to be on some odd sort of 'happy medicine' with Zwan. It was a weird mix as the guy looks like something frighetening - like out of the Adams Familly or a grave digger.

I prefer him angsty and angry - with slabs of distorted guitars, this stuff I am listening to right now seems blandly whimsical... Someone needs to prod the monster with a stick and make him angry....

He is on record for saying that rock is dead, so that would explain why he refuses to rock.

One day he will find an old Tube Screamer pedal in the attic and will dust it off.....
Old 1st August 2005
Gear Head

i liked zwan, but if you look up what he says about everybody in zwan now, it's pretty far from shiny and happy...

the new cd is great, although my friends were complaining that it was too metallic sounding and cold. the live show was great. it looked like a illuminated spaceship made out of bathroom tiles that lit up hahah
Old 1st August 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules
He is on record for saying that rock is dead, so that would explain why he refuses to rock.

One day he will find an old Tube Screamer pedal in the attic and will dust it off.....
Yeah !! heh Better fasten your seat belts then...
Old 1st August 2005
Lives for gear

Well, after giving it a listen I thought....

Not bad. Actualy I kind of liked it. I didn't want to like it.. ,but I did.
I haven't been a fan since Siemese Dream. The 1st song kind of reminded me of The Cure or something from that era.

I might have to DL the song just to dig on the production...
ERic
Old 1st August 2005
Lives for gear

I kind of like it . . . . the wall of guitar sounds are amazing. My only complaint is the mixes. It sounds like they never got the vox, drums and guitars to gel - very disconnected.
Old 2nd August 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules
I prefer him angsty and angry - with slabs of distorted guitars, this stuff I am listening to right now seems blandly whimsical... Someone needs to prod the monster with a stick and make him angry....
...I had to jump straight in to the middle of each song. Boring stuff. Probably great music for a specific audience.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search