The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Show in Raleigh NC
Old 27th March 2003
Moderator emeritus

Show in Raleigh NC

I thought I'd pass along a little information on a band I'm recording; they're going to be in Raleigh NC tomorrow. Here's the press release: Since my projects got moved to next week, I'm going to go and hang out. Probably end up selling T shirts or something...

Dave Martin
Nashville, TN

On Friday, March 28, PineCone will present a conert featuring the legendary Texas fiddler Johnny Gimble, along with the all-star Western Swing band The Time Jumpers. Part of PineCone’s 2002-2003 Stewart Theatre Season, the performance will begin at 8 p.m. in Stewart Theatre on the NCSU campus in Raleigh.

Best known as a former member of Bob Wills’ Texas Playboys, the 77-year old Johnny Gimble is virtually synonymous with Texas Swing fiddling, the jazzy, improvisational style which originated in the 1930s. In 1938, Johnny Gimble first appeared as a 13-year old with his brothers on radio station KGBK in their hometown of Tyler, Texas. In the intervening decades, Gimble has played and recorded with some of the most important musical figures of the 20th century and has himself become one.

For this concert, Gimble will be joined by The Time Jumpers, a Western Swing band comprised of nine of Nashville’s finest studio and Opry musicians and vocalists. The Time Jumpers have been one of the best kept secrets in Nashville among the musical set, performing every Monday night for several years at the Station Inn, a renowned mostly-bluegrass night spot in Music City. It’s not unusual to see some legendary Nashville players at that venue on those nights to hear this outstanding band. And since the Time Jumpers never tour, this will be a rare opportunity to hear what is considered one of the best Western Swing bands.

General admission tickets are $25 for the public; $20 for members; $15 for students. Reserved seating is available. To purchase tickets, call the NCSU Ticket Central box office at (919) 515-1100.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search